Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Maps/pics

XziferXzifer0 Posts: 0Member
Hey all

I'm making a space render and i need to get some pics of the stars can anyone give me an link to a web site with some good high rez star maps/pics ?

Cheers Xzifer
Post edited by Xzifer on

• aszazerothaszazeroth176 Posts: 209Member
    Exactly what do you mean with high rez pictures of stars !? (to my knowledge there are only one star imaged in what you could call high rez and that's out sun.)
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Xzifer,

Most star maps that you see in 3D renders are either rendered geometry (single point polys) or photoshop images mapped onto spheres. The photoshop images are made by the artist and are generally not available for download.

You might want to do a google search for creating starfields + greg martin the first link should take you to greg martins home page with a tutorial on how to create convincing starfields in photoshop.
  • XziferXzifer0 Posts: 0Member
    Ohk Cool thanks Alot Andrew.

i shall do that

Cheers Xzifer
  • C_DocC_Doc331 Posts: 0Member
    This page has some VERY lo-res planet textures, but the starfield at the bottom is 3K and might get you started in the right direction. Do a search for "tyco" and you might come up with a few similar ones

This page has some better quality Earth/Planet textures, and another pretty good starfield.

Hope this helps...