Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Skinning and bump question in TS 5.1

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hello.

Complete newbie, so if this question has already been asked, I'm sorry to ask it again, but there's so much good stuff here to look through that I tend to either get lost or get carried away reading other posts!

Just finished building my first 3D model, which is the DY-100 (started with that 'cause it's got nice straight sides), but now I need to skin it.

I'm using trueSpace 5.1. I've looked around on this website and others for some good tutorials on how to do this and I've found a few, but does anyone know where I can find some other good, indepth ones which might help? (especially with rotating textures to the right angle (is this done with UV mapping?) and decalling),
Also, in TS 5.1, how do you bring in home made bump maps? I can bring in textures without any problem, but I'd like to bring in a bump map matching my texture.

Grateful for any help.

Cheers.

Kev.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• backsteptbackstept2087 Posts: 930Member
    here's a minitutorial I made for ya :D

as for UV mapping there may be a good unwrapper plugin out there, but you may find that you can get what you need using UV projection (planar, cubic, cylindrical, spherical etc)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Wow, that was quick!
    Thanks for that backstept. I'll have a look as soon as I can. My wife's parents have just arrived so I've got to go and do the good host thing first.

...And they're here until tomorrow morning!

Very grateful though.

Thanks.

Kevin.
  • Forcemaster2000Forcemaster2000331 Posts: 0Member
    I'm a TS user also, and the best (free) tool I've found for working with aligning textures in TS is "UV tools 2.5" available as a free download from Primitive Itch, It allows you to move, rotate and flip textures in real time in TS so you can see what you're doing! Hope that helps :)

*edit* I can't beleive it, I just checked that link, and primitive itch is gone! :(

I checked my hdd, and I've still got the TSX for UV tools, if you are interested in it, I could email it to you if you're interested.
    Hi Forcemaster.

Sorry I didn't reply to your post. I didn't think to look back and see if anybody had added any further posts!

Please accept my apologies for that.

If you still have that tool I'd be very grateful for a copy.

Kev
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Kev,

Forcemaster sve left you a link in the previous thread which will take you to the download site for the plugin.
    Thanks Andrew, but the Primitive Itch site has been removed apart from a few downloads that are left, and the "UV tools 2.5" tool isn't one of them.

I've searched elsewhere for it but with no luck.

Kev