Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Constant animation on/off?

farcryfarcry0 Posts: 0Member
I have been thinking about this for quite some time now. Say for example i wanted to have a helicoptor or propellor aircraft flying around in a scene, turning, pitching up and down yawing ect and i wanted its propellor/rotor to rotate constantly at a set speed. Is there a way to script something to rotate at a constant speed while the object it is attatched to (the aircraft) is moving around in a scene?
Post edited by farcry on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    In Max you can use Param Curve Out-of-Range controllers to have the propeller continuously go through its animation. For example, you set the initial animation for a single revolution and then set the OOR controller to repeat the animation. I know other apps have something similar but I don't know their specifics.

If you are using Max open the Curve Editor window. Under the "Controller" menu you will find an option for "Out-of-Range Types" (Main toolbar > Curve Editor (Open) > Controller menu > Out-of-Range Types). There you can select "cycle" so your propeller will continuously spin.

Hope this helps.
  • farcryfarcry0 Posts: 0Member
    Oops, sorry i forgot to state which program i was using :D
    Yup, im using Max, thanks for the info Ndege ill be sure to try it out. Ill get back to you on how i get on :)