Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy take on Captain Russel's BC Korolev model

anthscoanthsco365 Raleigh, NCPosts: 87Member
edited June 17 in Work in Progress #1
I've decided to try my hand at kitbashing and one of my favorite Bridge commander ships has always been the Korolev class, a Nebula class predecessor according to Captain Russel.

Parts are from the Galaxy, New Orleans, and Nebula classes.

mprmaojegy6e.png
1kz7kn778dzh.png
vpe11pd8or6z.png
sre0k9e94y56.png
ah8epsmfrhyq.png
setbkfw8z2kb.png
ack00few0ano.png
qjv8y4b6riu8.png
Post edited by Guerrilla on
StarCruiserBolianAdmiralRekkertevil_genius_180wibbleBrandenbergLizzy777
Tagged:

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1188 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,629Member
    Very nice.
  • anthscoanthsco365 Raleigh, NCPosts: 87Member
    Thanks.

Taking some designer liberties especially with the warp pylons. The game models are a tad mid-poly as models go so making the transition to higher poly is interesting.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804572 Posts: 11,179Member
    anthsco wrote: »
    The game models are a tad mid-poly as models go so making the transition to higher poly is interesting.

Well, the game is 22 years old. The fact that they're even mid poly just goes to show how awesome that game is.
    anthsco
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1920 CaliforniaPosts: 2,074Member
    Hey @anthsco. I find myself wanting to ask what are your favorite design elements of the ship that makes it appealing for you.
    Hey @anthsco. I find myself wanting to ask what are your favorite design elements of the ship that makes it appealing for you.

No neck connection which is a convenient aiming point. I like the the way the placement of the nacelles make sense like on the Galaxy and Nebula classes. Just two reasons.

edited June 14 #7
    anthsco wrote: »
    The game models are a tad mid-poly as models go so making the transition to higher poly is interesting.

Well, the game is 22 years old. The fact that they're even mid poly just goes to show how awesome that game is.

Which is probably why I still find myself playing it and also trying to make much higher poly models inspired by the game ones that you can easily extract and convert

Post edited by anthsco on
  • CptBenSiskoCptBenSisko142 Posts: 43Member
    looks good.. im doing something similar with my models and making some that won't break the Star Trek Armada 2 engine to badly
    looks good.. im doing something similar with my models and making some that won't break the Star Trek Armada 2 engine to badly

Well mine are being made specifically for CG artwork hence the concentration on poly levels. I've only worked with Bridge Commander models in conversion mode ie from NIF to OBJ. I've never tried with Armada models.
  • CptBenSiskoCptBenSisko142 Posts: 43Member
    im trying to stay in the less than 20K range for everything.. un-decimated, my K-7 weighs in at just shy of 19K.. of course I could definitely go higher and make it ultra smooth... and if i ever build another one.. ill def go higher..
    im trying to stay in the less than 20K range for everything.. un-decimated, my K-7 weighs in at just shy of 19K.. of course I could definitely go higher and make it ultra smooth... and if i ever build another one.. ill def go higher..

Generally speaking for game models the lower the poly count the better. But in my case I am headed in the opposite direction..
    CptBenSisko
    More tweaking the overall look and feel. I never liked the arc of the nacelles not being covered on TNG ships.

h0p4peqhkj9b.png
    hbuu3q4957s6.png
    w1ltp5hnr6t5.png
    1ogoa3x5c08t.png
    vky5qrgbg73u.png
    k23ibhjhp10m.png
    4m5xj60a1k8z.png
    5am3wb8ax01t.png
    jrj3r8f57f1l.png
    krcmjzn1oao3.png
    94q4hvfqdm0b.png
    l1d0vtummskg.png
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserBolianAdmiralLizzy777Brandenberg
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1920 CaliforniaPosts: 2,074Member
    Wow, a lot of nice variations on 1701D
    Wow, a lot of nice variations on 1701D

Thanks. The base models and parts are higher resolution compared to the original BC model

I have so many Galaxy parts, I might just have to kitbash the Korolev, lol.
    I have so many Galaxy parts, I might just have to kitbash the Korolev, lol.

what format are they in? OBJ? why not share them to your fellow modelers?
    I meant the model kit… the old AMT/ERTL 1/1400 scale kit. I have lots of those kits and parts from it to kitbash with.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    Nice! I must admit I prefer the Korolev to the Nebula, though I prefer JTVFX's take with the same nacelle pylons as the Galaxy. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    edited June 16 #19
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Nice! I must admit I prefer the Korolev to the Nebula, though I prefer JTVFX's take with the same nacelle pylons as the Galaxy. :)

I'm using parts from Dave Metlesits' Galaxy, Galaxy X (for the nacelle phaser pod), New Orleans (for the pylons) and his Nebula classes.

That's a lovely take on the fantastic Galaxy.

I'm new at this so still learning.

Post edited by anthsco on
    I meant the model kit… the old AMT/ERTL 1/1400 scale kit. I have lots of those kits and parts from it to kitbash with.

Ah yes REAL glue on fingers and kits! Always loved those :)

BolianAdmiral