Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBurke Class Frigate, Star Trek TOS Blender project.

Crash_AFCrash_AF115 Posts: 18Member
Been a minute since I picked up Blender and tried to make something big, so I decided to revisit the frigate I had toyed around with about 10 years ago. I've been steadily working through it so far using the Star Fleet Battles plans. I think it's coming along pretty well. We'll see if I can remember how to do textures...

58iaax5ecx97.png
o71k60ib5juu.png
izhk8lff9r18.png

StarCruiserLizzy777CptBenSiskowibblesrspicer
Tagged:

• StarCruiserStarCruiser364 Posts: 45Member
    Now, do it with the original squared off nacelles mounted directly to the bottom of the hull!

Yes - I have the original...ancient... version.
  • Crash_AFCrash_AF115 Posts: 18Member
    I don't know that I've seen that one... One more for tonight, got the deflector dish done... now need to work on the 'pylon' it attaches to.lw0co09cytid.png
    Lizzy777CptBenSiskowibblesrspicer
    Let's see if this works:

Fed-Frigate-Front.jpg
    That was definitely a hot minute ago... LOL

Progress tonight... got a pylon for the dish, and started cutting the inside of the nacelle.

p410jr5i70p7.png
    5vl5ydwovq2d.png

CptBenSiskoLizzy777wibblesrspicer
    Yep - the original version from the 80's... Still have a pair of those buried somewhere.
    Detailed out the nacelles. Working on some details that aren't seen too often... decided to add RCS thrusters around the hull to test my abilities... LOL

I did manage to work them out though, then tossed some lights around the hull and started on some mats to make it look more 'real'.3xo79m0ec4xe.png
    cctsmwmftt07.png
    kuz07zyi7023.png
    m2kq3lu4q0fp.png
    992sopbi5bai.png

CptBenSiskoLizzy777StarCruiserwibblesrspicerashleytinger
  • CptBenSiskoCptBenSisko4 Posts: 12Member
    The Burke is such a neglected design.. Keep it up!!! Whats the poly count on this bad boy so far?
    publiusr
    Ummm, about 69k faces at the moment.
    CptBenSisko
    Spent today working on mesh cleanup/optimizing, materials tweaking, and trying to figure out lighting. Pretty happy with most of it. The mats really make a difference in looking 'real'. Still got some work to do on the impulse engines and some other little stuff. I decided to go with the 'Police Flagship' version with the longer shuttlebay on the bottom as I think it looks a little better, and I'm debating on doing some modifications that I think would look better. Kinda like the sensor dome on the bottom of the deflector pylon and the shape of the back of the shuttlebay. I guess I'll toy around with it and see what I think.
    cc2jv3cy8cvr.png
    0417rduq5bxt.png
    StarCruiserpubliusrLizzy777CptBenSiskosrspicer
    edited March 14 #11
    Been busy this week, but managed to squeeze some time into lighting the impulse engines and adding the markings. Amazing how much different the ship looks when it's all striped up with a name.

Found a tutorial on how to do the nacelle domes and lights... might decide to give that a go... Stay tuned. LOL

j46owpcupxqd.png
    vzwyuw8b1xg4.png
    7wrn1eumcwpl.png

Post edited by Crash_AF on
    Lizzy777StarCruiserLoopholesrspicerashleytinger
    It has begun....

93y99lsm4cc3.png
    Lizzy777
    Initial results are promising... Still toying with settings and such, but it does look good so far.

36fj1yzdi83f.png
    wibbleLizzy777ashleytingerCptBenSisko
    epic man!! Soo good!!
    Did some more experiments with the lights and added some 'weathering' on the ship to bring out some of the details. Real happy with how it's come out so far.

hbotmcvhxonv.png
    i93viptob1c5.png
    StarCruiserCptBenSiskoLizzy777Rekkert
    edited March 18 #16
    Yesterday I decided to take a break from playing with the ship and tried my hand at making a Captain's chair, Started yesterday, this is where I'm at today. Pretty happy with how it came out.
    ojcwdt2179bg.png
    jkjm3oq0pv5l.png
    hr38pnub4pny.png
    3v3sgllr52m7.png
    Post edited by Crash_AF on
    publiusrStarCruiserCptBenSiskoLizzy777Rekkert
    only thing missing is a little styrofoam cup of coffee on the right arm