Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSolaris Class III Blender help

KirtemorKirtemor417 Posts: 99Member
edited March 4 in Work in Progress #1
wvb2gdrx35zp.png

Hey Guys,
Need Some help on getting my blender hull materials to not look like plastic on my own models. Having difficulty with the nodes. Model shown here in this video:

Also, any advice to improve the video would be great too.
Thanks
Post edited by Guerrilla on
StarCruiserwibble
Tagged:

• wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 511Member
    I'm far from being a blender expert and so I'm afraid I won't be able to help much. But I have lately created a hull material for my enterprise redesign that I'm actually quite satisfied with. What do you think of it? If that is something you could imagine on your own ship I could provide you with the node tree. link
  • KirtemorKirtemor417 Posts: 99Member
    That looks like it might solve the issue. I would appreciate any and all help I can get to improve my models and videos. :) So, yes, and Thanks.
    edited March 2 #4
    Okay there you go.
    nq6sztngkup2.png
    v87xo1bunabg.png
    dobk20acoocq.png
    nw7yjaoqr0y1.png
    Post edited by wibble on
    Thanks for this. I will let you know how it works out.
    wibble
    edited March 23 #6
    Hi, just wanted to ask how it worked out so far. Also I just found that @backstept shared a hull material in his thread that probably will help you even more than mine.
    I hope it's O.K. to post this here since he already shared it fore everyone to use in his thread.
    https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/comment/2039867#Comment_2039867
    Post edited by wibble on
    backstept
    Wibble,
    This is helping. I have used it on my meshes. Working out so far. will link to the next video when I get it done. Waiting on a new Graphics card.
    wibble
    Kirtemor wrote: »
    This is helping. I have used it on my meshes. Working out so far. will link to the next video when I get it done. Waiting on a new Graphics card.

Great to hear, awaiting your next video.