Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DU.S.S. Decker Bridge

13»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804592 Posts: 11,183Member
    Yeah, I'm thinking it looks like an older ship that they put the new (at the time) style nacelles on to test that design before integrating it into other classes.
    BolianAdmiral
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1188 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,629Member
    I’m kind of having an in-between with the modeler about the approach being taken. As it is now, it’s literally an Excelsior secondary hull and neck, with a different saucer and TNG nacelles. I really don’t want to deviate from the original design except for where the geometry just doesn’t work between the various profiles. I get that the VAST majority of fans absolutely hate these designs with a passion… I get that. But that’s why I want to see these in 3D… to see how they’d REALLY look, beyond just flat 2D drawings on paper. I suggested that if the modeler really wants to deviate from the original secondary hull, I’d go with something like the secondary hull on Bill Krause’s Shangri-La… it has the stark upward curve of the Excelsior’s in the back, but the form is sleeker, has more contours, and is more prone to TNG-era detailing. We’ll see…
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1188 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,629Member
    With all this thinking I’ve been doing on ship interiors, it’s gotten me thinking about the primary lounge on the Frontier, the Galaxy-Class in the same fic. The Two-Three-Fore lounge on the Quasar was palatial compared to TNG’s 10-Forward, and a TNG-era redress of the TMP Rec Room. I figure a Galaxy-Class should have something a tad bigger…

I’m so far thinking of devoting the entire forward quarter of decks 9 and 10 to a multi-level lounge, recreation and social center of the ship - a “10-Forwardized” version of a late-80’s mall food court - a vast and expansive communal dining area, with various food replication kiosks spread throughout, along with a few dedicated bars. The areas more geared to quiet conversation to be seating areas alongside the windows, with the inner areas having areas for games and live entertainment, with various planters of vegetation interspersed throughout. I might even have the ship’s stores located here - various replication terminals, like the one Worf and Data used while looking for a wedding gift for the O’Brien’s.