Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSkywalker... Skywalker... why do you come to walk my sky...

vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
Start of a new project... this will all be modeled for an illustration and he's got a way to go (not as much as the rest though, oof ;-) ), should be a nice change and then back to the ships hopefully in about 3 weeks. That seems reasonable for what I have to do for this one... an homage to an old mentor.

Parking here for now. ;-)

ky9kxa61zriw.jpg

Lizzy777StarriggerPreVizevil_genius_180wibbleMustang13Camaro68StarCruiser
Tagged:

• vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
    edited October 2023 #2
    (And ok this was actually the start, but I zigged left and got a jump on Artoo as I needed to sort some dimensions and fun for the background that he'll be part of, and decided to stay with him)

Back to this guy next week...

ej86ti83a03h.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    Lizzy777Starriggerevil_genius_180StarCruiser
  • vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
    edited October 2023 #3
    Part of the fun of this is working out resolving where Ralph went wrong, simplified, or changed his mind mid-something.... in this case, he painted Artoo in his typical rearward lean pose, third leg extended etc., his 'back' to Yoda and the viewer... but at some point it was decided to have him face Yoda/us... so Ralph simply added the information that showed that this is the droid's front, and left most of the detail from the back in place...

This wasn't the only time he flubbed the poor droid. You'd think he'd have known better ;-)

Calling this little fellow done for his model stage... (third leg is retracted here). UV and quick paint job next week, then back to the mite. Have to do a major studio move this weekend, so they'll get no love.

ybka8ubeda6b.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777