Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPaladin class battleship

ceq002ceq0024 Posts: 2Member
edited October 2023 in Work in Progress #1
8s7lzp0302bq.png
This is for my graphic novel. I made the model to add to my website (which will promote the novel). Some have said it looks like an oversized one-person fighter. I tried sketching some alternative designs but none of them "clicked" and my mind blanked. Thoughts?
If you need to see it from other angles let me know and I can upload some more screenshots.
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Warp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusr
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the shape. It has a bit of a retro rocket look to it, but with a modern twist. I think you should keep developing it and see where it goes.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    It's a good start. I believe two things will make it read like the battleship you want it to be. The first will be to add lots of detail. Greebles and windows will do wonders for making the ship seem huge. Another thing that will add scale is to figure out what the "wings" and "tail fins" actually do. Are they weapons platforms? I can already see creating trenches in their edges and filling them with tanks and pipes, while covering the flat surfaces with turrets. Think "star destroyer". This could work for the engines too. Looking forward to more!
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • ceq002ceq0024 Posts: 2Member
    edited October 2023 #4
    To be honest I have pretty much no experience with Blender. I basically just faked it until I made it, just tweaking a few basic mesh shapes...so I have no idea how to add small details. I do have some experience with SketchUp (if I could figure out how to log in; I used that software in community college this spring and found it to be a lot easier to work with than Blender. I may need to re-subscribe) so I suppose I could use that.
    I was thinking the weapons would be hidden in bays that would open up when the ship goes into battle.
    Also the windows could be recessed, that would go better with the defense force's medieval/Arthurian themes, in the way that it would be more fortress-like.
    Post edited by ceq002 on
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    If I were doing this, I'd make the three top wings smaller, and taper the thickness on all of them, and add windows and air locks. But that's just me.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    One of the best ways to learn Blender, in my opinion, is to just mess around with it and, when you need to know how to do something, search for a tutorial. There are loads of Blender written and video tutorials. But then, I've been doing CGI for about 23 years and I'm entirely self taught. I used that method to learn Truespace and Lightwave.
  • slimdimslimdim331 Posts: 18Member
    Is the little blue box on the front part of the design or something like a deck height marker?