Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSecondary TARDIS console/control room

vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
Over the last couple of weeks, have taught myself Fusion360 to model up plans for friends to give to a builder, so that they can get their Season 14 secondary console room built in their house. Their space is 17 x 17 and the original was over 20 x 20, so it was fun to sort out reducing dimensions while keeping some elements at full scale, maintaining certain lines, tangents, and proportions, and some measure of space to move through and such. Will also help them design the fourth wall. Dialing in a few more dimensions and then generating the set of drawings... and after? The room next to this will be the bar from The Shining....

nl9gb40v2lvx.jpg

geyafro62ste.jpg

evil_genius_180ashleytingerwibbleStarCruisercaveat_imperatorLizzy777Rekkertscifieric

• vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
    (aka why I'm not working on the Merchantman or Stargazer right now ;-) )
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That thing really gives a whole new meaning to "it's bigger on the inside." :lol:

I've never seen Doctor Who, but I can tell from that reference pic that your work is fantastic.
    vfxartscifieric
    That thing really gives a whole new meaning to "it's bigger on the inside." :lol:

I've never seen Doctor Who, but I can tell from that reference pic that your work is fantastic.

Thank you--- sadly they live on the other side of the country, my home state actually, so it will be a very long time til I get to see it...
    scifieric
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I love that wooden, Edwardian version
    scifieric
    Wrapping this up went a lot faster than I thought, so hopefully new images before long as I get a call in for a round of input on a few details (handrails, attachment hardware, etc etc) and last bits TBD for aesthetic calls and such. And- the first 2D drawings for the Shining/Gold Room bar are done...! So I might be back on the Merchantman and Stargazer sooner than I thought...! More soon. (img is me effing around with Fusion's wonky renderer)

m7k5zgx7r9eg.jpg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleLizzy777scifiericMadKoiFish
    *Thud*

All of the drawings (16 or so) are handed off for a review whenever the folks can get to them (the console room and the bar)... afaik I am done for now, which leaves me this week to sort my studio and a bit of home that got neglected while locked in combat with all of this.

Then? The Stargazer and Merchantman await! Along with building a portfolio site, re-rendering a lot, UV and materials and and and...

Biggest frustration- Fusion 360 engineering has so much to be desired, the app is almost a joke. Rhino isn't a whole lot better. Elements that an artist needs control over, things that are Set inst of Queried, if you get that, have incorrect assumptions around them, and workarounds are NOT workflows, but apparently the folks are too dim to get that. There's a league of defenders and apologists. Cancelling my subscription and filing under 'has potential, but not for me... may revisit'.

l7uayf0yxjrn.jpg
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180ashleytingerscifieric