Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DA universe or three or ten or... of SF props, set dressing, etc.

2»

• vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
    This morning's fun. Whooof. ;-) A door and one more wall and onto the fun!

7yawl76y0ph8.jpg

evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiserStarriggerwibble
    Got into zBrush but also waiting on some ref to move forward, so just before zB...:

yprww7l7q0h2.jpg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777lennier1Starriggerwibblemylex
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice! Are you going to do the medical droid too?
    vfxart
    Nice! Are you going to do the medical droid too?

Not sure on the droid, it's a bit to do with what I'm thinking for these 'vignettes' as a combo of props and some set dressing... hadn't really thought to go after characters as much, but.... never say never. ;-) I will be doing Yoda after all of this for his own scene, (next year, folks... next year) that might spark something. Oh and Roy Fokker from Macross to stand beside his VF-1S Strike... and likely a TWOK Engineering suit, and.... sigh... I need a sugar momma ;-)
    evil_genius_180
    Last of the pieces for the Med Ctr set dressing getting revamped. Good start today along with the Ready Room; UV and mats tomorrow.

c1gyc2tstozv.jpg

evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibblemylex
    Base color and 'vinyl' applied. Likely going to rethink some of the approach overnight before 'paint and weathering' set down.

d3x1j0f4h6qb.jpg

Lizzy777Starriggerevil_genius_180StarCruiserPheylanwibblemylex
    edited December 2023 #38
    Starting to dial in the ESB look.

A way to go yet, then back to the med center and scene assembly.

rcl29g2w0da6.jpg

gqi99ifcdcb2.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    lennier1StarCruiserevil_genius_180mylexwibbleLizzy777Starrigger
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 511Member
    I haven't visited this thread in a while and missed all the Star Wars stuff. What a nice surprise. Really cool builds.
    vfxart
    Thank you...! And to everyone who's clicked Like, commented, etc... the momentum from that is huge.
    evil_genius_180
    Your work is phenomenal. I really hope it lands you a job. Not only is the modeling on the helmet first rate, but I really like that grime. It looks realistic.
    vfxart
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    vfxart wrote: »
    Got into zBrush but also waiting on some ref to move forward, so just before zB...:

yprww7l7q0h2.jpg

That could work with ALIEN…good set scenes here:
    Screwy update for today- the bed 'padding' in the med center... Needs love, but will see how much so after I drop it into place.

zymelbyj3wv1.jpg

evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibbleashleytingerxiaorobear
    The TARDIS secondary console room got the last of its tweaks and the builders are being talked with. The Gold Bar needs some adjustments thanks to some new images from 50 years ago, and is getting closer, this is the most recent shot. (wasn't going to build in 3D, but needs must...) The cabinet maker and others are also being talked with, likely to resume in the new year. Took a lot to dial this in from the full sized set. Both should look amazing when built... hope to see them one day.

n7emltcbv01h.jpg
    l6z1z5yu0hll.jpg

Lizzy777StarCruiserevil_genius_180
    And back to this... last details cut in til I decide I want to get a level deeper. Hoping for a UV pass etc soon but may get some notes on the bar, etc.

rptdhmo0uldc.jpg

5mf76ice8h9a.jpg

s3fbpi5pedh3.jpg

StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerwibble
    edited December 2023 #46
    UVs are in the rear view mirror and a base coat's been slapped on.
    This set didn't have the blockade runner's hue shifts between the various components, was mostly given some interest in the lighting.

sbsarrajolzj.jpg
    f00obmdn81og.jpg
    Post edited by vfxart on
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiserashleytingerwibble
    Informal poll sort of thing- Should I spin the Hoth stuff off into its own thread? Simple Yes/No.

Feels like I've really got away from my intent with this thread, which was to do a series of objects as 'relax-a-meshes' or studies, or simple 'evenings in' (ok yeah all of my evenings are evenings in, shhhh we're not talking about that)

What do you think? I'm not likely to get a ton of responses, so will even go with a 2 out of 3 if I get that. Thanks.

Got to rebuild the corners of one set of panels, but holiday card and such takes precedent, back to this in a few days. ;-)

4a6vlf5axdyt.jpg

StarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180xiaorobearwibble
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2018 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    Looks great and I don't mind keeping it all in one place
    Looks great and I don't mind keeping it all in one place

Same.
    edited December 2023 #50
    Bit of a rehash on this one folks, but a new to me environment (see below)

Have been working up some changes to the Gold Bar per some new reference (ay yi yi), but one of the friends got Covid (second time) so I have a bit of time to look into some fun while he recovers and can look at the updates hopefully next week.

I don't get many views, but if anyone who stops by happens to have strong Marmoset Fu, would love to hear anything you've gleaned over the years. My approach has been pretty straight-forward over the last day. Painter to Marmoset.

ekew23ayivtu.png
    rrmeidvf2pi8.png

Post edited by vfxart on
    StarCruiserLizzy777ChrisGFXevil_genius_180ashleytingerwibbleSeverus
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    great stuff you are doing here!
    vfxart
    Wanted to get back to some other bits and get a break from a major project and heavy modeling.

Silly mood shot of Central Control, Morrow gets keyboard number two. No. 3 to come, and then Kano's computers. Might do one or two more of the set dressing pieces.

m2ti8ma0p4gk.png
    Lizzy777StarCruiser
    Opted for the Eagle Remote instead...

4o3y6bt35b60.png

StarCruiserLizzy777ashleytinger
    edited February 6 #54
    Today's rant is entitled 'When Flat Surfaces Become a Pain'...

The ref hunt for this was so brutal that the build became a chore. Cutting so many holes into flat panels became a beast. Mix of subd and poly right now as I slipped into 'get something' done mode, not conducive to any particular workflow or pipeline. Didn't subd this shot, it's just with temp mats to see how the openings hold up with emissive mats behind them etc and at what scale it may break down. Got to do other wall sections tomorrow, will revisit this in a couple. Grr etc ;-) Constructed as a 'frame/panels/gels' approach that mimics the set dressing.

s0u1syucsr62.png

Post edited by vfxart on
    ashleytingerLizzy777StarCruiser
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2018 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    Nice! I've taken to making the flat plane, deleting the faces to I'm left with edges and verts, then dropping what I need shapewise from the button or screen or whatever in there, then just joining the verts in quads by hand. It takes longer but less messy than booleans and it's oddly therapeutic. lol
    vfxart
    Nice! I've taken to making the flat plane, deleting the faces to I'm left with edges and verts, then dropping what I need shapewise from the button or screen or whatever in there, then just joining the verts in quads by hand. It takes longer but less messy than booleans and it's oddly therapeutic. lol

That's similar to what I do. It's a mix of stencils based on the shapes and integrating them like you were talking about. What I 'really' should do is set up presets so that I can copy/paste or drag/drop geo in and go from there... you would think I'd be better about that by now ;-)
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Odd Question, but what are your thoughts on doing the original concept oxygen mask for the rebel helmet? Maybe one that could be printed?bu1jhyhomqd6.png