Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise-B leaving orbit

japetusjapetus2588 SeattlePosts: 1,339Member
edited May 25 in Finished Work #1
Just another Enterprise-B shot....using some things I learned, mostly with planets and compositing, to make a pretty picture. Enjoy!

dcod7kqri9gk.jpg
Post edited by japetus on
wibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratorysrspicerLizzy777xiaorobearrojrenRekkertStarCruiserTrekMDHunter Gand 1 other.
Tagged:

Posts

  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory897 BrooklynPosts: 306Member
    Majestic. I especially like your deflector lighting. The visible interiors add a great sense of scale.
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ


    Formerly furswift
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    Nice shot....add a little touch of depth of field in your renders...and see what happens. .... ;)
  • japetusjapetus2588 SeattlePosts: 1,339Member
    Alan E wrote: »
    Nice shot....add a little touch of depth of field in your renders...and see what happens. .... ;)

    No.
  • ComcoComco315 Posts: 1,280Administrator
    Alan E wrote: »
    Nice shot....add a little touch of depth of field in your renders...and see what happens. .... ;)

    If you were aiming for constructive criticism in the manner and spirit it is expected in this community - try again.
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    It will add realism to your shots.
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    What criticism, I simply mentioned depth of field....and it is a nice shot.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs410 Posts: 521Member
    If he wanted it to look like a small diorama, yes it would
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic459 Posts: 662Member
    Alan E wrote: »
    It will add realism to your shots.

    It amuses me how some people will so very confidently make incorrect statements over and over again.
    japetus
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    Alan E wrote: »
    It will add realism to your shots.

    It amuses me how some people will so very confidently make incorrect statements over and over again.

    Oh really...tell me...how many films, have you been involved in....?
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    It's ok....I Know Noooothhhing....
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    Good to see one of Alex's ships being used nicely........
  • japetusjapetus2588 SeattlePosts: 1,339Member
    Alan E wrote: »
    Good to see one of Alex's ships being used nicely........

    This isn't Alex Klemm's model, it's my own. I made everything on it. You are making quite a few assumptions.
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    I'm sorry. I did not know..

  • GuerrillaGuerrilla747 HelsinkiPosts: 2,833Administrator
    edited May 28 #15
    So Alan, is this little song and dance going to repeat every Friday now, because honestly I don't think I want to put up with that on my own site. Just to make sure I'm not being unfair, here's a real quick recap of the Community Guidelines:
    About These Rules
    This is not a complete list of what you can and cannot do on these forums, nor is it really meant to be. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, even if there is not a specific rule about their particular misdeeds in this document. Rules lawyering and seeing just how far you can push the rules will, more often than not, result in a worse outcome for you. We do strive for fair moderation at all times, but this is a privately owned forum, and we really don't owe anyone an online platform. Using this forum is a privilege, not a right.

    Don't be an asshole
    It's really that simple, if not always easy. It's fine to disagree on things, but if you can't get your point across without being disrespectful, maybe the point isn't worth making.

    So, this would be the bit that addresses the inevitable "What!? I stayed out of the Colonial Fleet thread like you said..." bit. I'm not here to present carefully worded wishes to grown ass men who should know how to behave online. I'm here to run a community, and it might really behoove you to take a moment to consider what the path of least resistance to resolving a recurring disruption to that community looks like from my point of view.

    Moving on...
    Expect feedback
    The primary reason to post in this forum is to get feedback on your work. That certainly doesn't mean you're obligated to follow or agree with it, but it does mean that you shouldn't get annoyed by it, even if it is not what you wanted/expected.

    That being said,
    Give useful, actionable feedback
    Any feedback you give should be constructive, and in case of criticism, actionable. If you point out a problem, you should be able to suggest a solution. Keep in mind that whatever your solution is, it's merely a suggestion. If they choose to go another way, you shouldn't get annoyed by it, even if it is not what you wanted/expected.

    Now the salient bit here is the second paragraph. One would hope feedback, especially from a seasoned professional, would be a little more specific that "needs more realism", but that's not the point. The important part is that all feedback is just a suggestion. One that was, once again, declined and then subsequently questioned by others, which I guess we'll file under feedback on your feedback...

    I am actually a little curious how exactly DOF would do anything except ruin the sense of scale here, since I obviously know nothing about rendering anything, but that's something that will have to remain a mystery since I'd just like to see this nonsense over with.

    I don't think anyone knows or really cares how many films or shows you've worked on. You contributions to this community are the only currency here, and right now they seem to mostly amount to derailing Japetus's threads. Probably not entirely on purpose, but kind of difficult to ignore where the discussion ended up again from where I'm standing.

    So, please try to be very specific and measured in your feedback and assume that past work and credentials mean nothing, unless it's a specific "in [show] we did [thing], because [reasons]" type of insight. Which will still be just a suggestion. If you are just after some kind of validation and status for past exploits, and if you value other people's opinions solely based on theirs, this community may not be a good fit these days.
    Post edited by Guerrilla on
    Howard DayLizzy777
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Alan EAlan E226 Posts: 124Member
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    So Alan, is this little song and dance going to repeat every Friday now, because honestly I don't think I want to put up with that on my own site. Just to make sure I'm not being unfair, here's a real quick recap of the Community Guidelines:
    About These Rules
    This is not a complete list of what you can and cannot do on these forums, nor is it really meant to be. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, even if there is not a specific rule about their particular misdeeds in this document. Rules lawyering and seeing just how far you can push the rules will, more often than not, result in a worse outcome for you. We do strive for fair moderation at all times, but this is a privately owned forum, and we really don't owe anyone an online platform. Using this forum is a privilege, not a right.

    Don't be an asshole
    It's really that simple, if not always easy. It's fine to disagree on things, but if you can't get your point across without being disrespectful, maybe the point isn't worth making.

    So, this would be the bit that addresses the inevitable "What!? I stayed out of the Colonial Fleet thread like you said..." bit. I'm not here to present carefully worded wishes to grown ass men who should know how to behave online. I'm here to run a community, and it might really behoove you to take a moment to consider what the path of least resistance to resolving a recurring disruption to that community looks like from my point of view.

    Moving on...
    Expect feedback
    The primary reason to post in this forum is to get feedback on your work. That certainly doesn't mean you're obligated to follow or agree with it, but it does mean that you shouldn't get annoyed by it, even if it is not what you wanted/expected.

    That being said,
    Give useful, actionable feedback
    Any feedback you give should be constructive, and in case of criticism, actionable. If you point out a problem, you should be able to suggest a solution. Keep in mind that whatever your solution is, it's merely a suggestion. If they choose to go another way, you shouldn't get annoyed by it, even if it is not what you wanted/expected.

    Now the salient bit here is the second paragraph. One would hope feedback, especially from a seasoned professional, would be a little more specific that "needs more realism", but that's not the point. The important part is that all feedback is just a suggestion. One that was, once again, declined and then subsequently questioned by others, which I guess we'll file under feedback on your feedback...

    I am actually a little curious how exactly DOF would do anything except ruin the sense of scale here, since I obviously know nothing about rendering anything, but that's something that will have to remain a mystery since I'd just like to see this nonsense over with.

    I don't think anyone knows or really cares how many films or shows you've worked on. You contributions to this community are the only currency here, and right now they seem to mostly amount to derailing Japetus's threads. Probably not entirely on purpose, but kind of difficult to ignore where the discussion ended up again from where I'm standing.

    So, please try to be very specific and measured in your feedback and assume that past work and credentials mean nothing, unless it's a specific "in [show] we did [thing], because [reasons]" type of insight. Which will still be just a suggestion. If you are just after some kind of validation and status for past exploits, and if you value other people's opinions solely based on theirs, this community may not be a good fit these days.

    I could of been a little harsher on him.... and really ripped him apart....but I didn't...because he is learning. He is a brillant modeler, just trying, to slowly open up his world. Depth of feild, motion blur, lets get things moving... ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.