Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DOdyssey Class

1246

Posts

  • AgaethonAgaethon22 Posts: 6Member
    I have always loved the look of Odyssey so much in-game, so great to see her come to life this way! Fabulous!
    omnipotent
  • prisoner881prisoner881336 Posts: 30Member
    omnipotent wrote: »
    x1tldtdes4xe.jpg

    If you don't mind me asking, what 3D package and renderer are you using? The renders in particular are amazing!
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    edited November 2020 #94
    Agaethon wrote: »
    I have always loved the look of Odyssey so much in-game, so great to see her come to life this way! Fabulous!
    Glad you like it!
    omnipotent wrote: »
    x1tldtdes4xe.jpg

    If you don't mind me asking, what 3D package and renderer are you using? The renders in particular are amazing!

    Modo and Octane ;)
    Post edited by omnipotent on
    prisoner881
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Went ahead and made those impulse exhausts on the pylons as without them the ship kind of lost part of its "soul" looking at it from the rear and even tho ive tweaked alot of things i still want the key features to say "odyssey class" if you get my meaning and they didnt turn out half bad tbh :)

    pretty much the only thing that remains is the bridge module :+1:

    7pufvns34r02.jpg
    d0k2mxbd2cfz.png
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JES
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Phaser test :+1:
    (Still screwing around trying to find a lighting setup i like hence why it changes every other pic)

    j3zy6wzo21kq.jpg
    Freaklennier1McCBolianAdmiralLizzy777Hunter GJES
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,279Member
    A massive improvement!
    omnipotent
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    Noice! I personally create my phaser VFX inside AE using VCP Saber, although, I might create a stand-in that's not visible to the camera for renders so that I can put accurate light cast on the render, then add the FX in post as always. :) I'm still blown away by the quality of this model in general.
    lennier1omnipotent
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Really liking the cinematic feel of these most recent screenshots. The design is definitely growing on me, a lot more than the game version ever did.

    I suggested earlier, a possible registry number change to "fit canon". Made a short list of plausible Odyssey Class ships, and their likely numbers:

    NCC-85050 USS Odyssey (first ship of the class)
    NCC-85051 USS Iliad
    NCC-85052 USS Homer
    NCC-85053 USS Alexander (your ship)

    NCC-97000 USS Verity (Admiral Picard's ship)
    omnipotentJES
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Just a quick addition:

    Someone recently noticed, that the registry/name on your Dorsal saucer is reversed compared to most other ships. The number tends to be large & curved, with the name being smaller & straight.

    Not that it matters much, looks good either way. Just throwing this out there 😊
    omnipotent
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    amazing work! The flyby's are great and have a very trek feel to them. Can't wait to see what else you do with the animations once she is finished. I agree with everyone that has said this is far better than what STO did with this ship. If they had even committed a small budget to making a nice flyby like you have done they would have gotten a ton more support for the ship as well as ppl just buying it in game when it first came out.
    omnipotent
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited December 2020 #102
    I'm not a fan of those impulse engines on the pylons but I understand why you put them there, and the renders do look amazing. To be honest I don't even like the pylon placed impulse engines on Voyager. It just makes a vulnerable point more vulnerable and more valuable as a potential target, not to mention more delicate given the added fusion reactors.

    But I digress, no plans to add the Aquarius shuttle at the aft end of the ship? :)
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    omnipotent
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Noice! I personally create my phaser VFX inside AE using VCP Saber, although, I might create a stand-in that's not visible to the camera for renders so that I can put accurate light cast on the render, then add the FX in post as always. :) I'm still blown away by the quality of this model in general.
    indeed if i was looking to run this thing in production id also handle everything in post and using saber for sure but for some wip pics where im just testing and feeling it out a stretched bright tube does the job fairly well ;)
    Really liking the cinematic feel of these most recent screenshots. The design is definitely growing on me, a lot more than the game version ever did.

    I suggested earlier, a possible registry number change to "fit canon". Made a short list of plausible Odyssey Class ships, and their likely numbers:

    NCC-85050 USS Odyssey (first ship of the class)
    NCC-85051 USS Iliad
    NCC-85052 USS Homer
    NCC-85053 USS Alexander (your ship)

    NCC-97000 USS Verity (Admiral Picard's ship)

    :+1:
    Just a quick addition:

    Someone recently noticed, that the registry/name on your Dorsal saucer is reversed compared to most other ships. The number tends to be large & curved, with the name being smaller & straight.

    Not that it matters much, looks good either way. Just throwing this out there 😊
    who? and yeah i noticed but i wanted the name to be larger, i may or may not "fix" it we shall see ;)
    fluxfire wrote: »
    amazing work! The flyby's are great and have a very trek feel to them. Can't wait to see what else you do with the animations once she is finished. I agree with everyone that has said this is far better than what STO did with this ship. If they had even committed a small budget to making a nice flyby like you have done they would have gotten a ton more support for the ship as well as ppl just buying it in game when it first came out.
    its hard to polish a lowpoly mesh and up the level on them when you have game engine limitations and the like to factor in and in my experience when it come to lowpoly texturing there are very very few people out there that can truly pull of magical things unfortunatly the odyssey in game never got that magic sprinkled on it imo.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of those impulse engines on the pylons but I understand why you put them there, and the renders do look amazing. To be honest I don't even like the pylon placed impulse engines on Voyager. It just makes a vulnerable point more vulnerable and more valuable as a potential target, not to mention more delicate given the added fusion reactors.

    But I digress, no plans to add the Aquarius shuttle at the aft end of the ship? :)

    yeah i know i hate them too as the idea is dumb especially as the pylons are so thin but yeah felt i needed them to keep this thing an "Odyssey" and not an Odd-yssey, and yes maybe not a full build of the aqarious but maybe a basic shape just to fill in the hole somewhat ie make a fairly detailed top and bottom of it then not worry about the rest (for now)

    Rekkert
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Really liking the cinematic feel of these most recent screenshots. The design is definitely growing on me, a lot more than the game version ever did.

    I suggested earlier, a possible registry number change to "fit canon". Made a short list of plausible Odyssey Class ships, and their likely numbers:

    NCC-85050 USS Odyssey (first ship of the class)
    NCC-85051 USS Iliad
    NCC-85052 USS Homer
    NCC-85053 USS Alexander (your ship)

    NCC-97000 USS Verity (Admiral Picard's ship)
    Just a quick addition:

    Someone recently noticed, that the registry/name on your Dorsal saucer is reversed compared to most other ships. The number tends to be large & curved, with the name being smaller & straight.

    Not that it matters much, looks good either way. Just throwing this out there 😊

    :+1:

    uh72rzw1xdn1.png
    cfzinod7h0vm.png

    darkthunderashleytingerLizzy777JES
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Redid my hull materials for the 1000th time, this time adding a small basic aztec pattern to some bits and toning down the dirt and overkill spec hits i had before, hopefully im still happy with this setup the next time i open the project so i can get to making that damned bridge module already.. :astonished:

    svao2wrpm9b0.jpg
    p7ed8upy4391.jpg
    ko5bk9suarar.jpg


    BolianAdmiralRekkertLizzy777FreakHunter GJES
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    edited December 2020 #106
    Tried a bunch of things for the bridge but this is what i settled with in the end ie a basic case of K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) and i dont intend to ever get this close to it so for now the lack of detail will have to do as this style works at a distance imo and keeps the sleak feel of the dorsal saucer alive.

    (also at some point i may redo my window cuts as they are a little on the large side compared to the bridge but at a distance its passable for now)

    shjg27dulmgh.jpg
    7w5vbhvp8wdm.png
    4rjtcmcciusn.png


    Post edited by omnipotent on
    BolianAdmiralRekkertFreakHunter G
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Engage!

    yv1sy6ct5n9b.png
    BolianAdmiralRekkertHunter GashleytingerscifiericwolfmanJES
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    I'm guessing this'll be my new wallpaper for the time being <3
    omnipotent
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1113 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,556Member
    Aye, she looks great!
    omnipotent
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    edited December 2020 #110
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    I'm guessing this'll be my new wallpaper for the time being <3

    that is the greatest honor we creators can give eachother so i am humbled :+1:
    Post edited by omnipotent on
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I was really digging this until I saw the "JJ windows" on the bridge.
    That has to be the stupidest idea someone has come up with. One lucky shot and you killed the whole command crew.
    Close that area off and it would be really sweet.


    Put part from that little nic-pick really nice Job.
    omnipotent
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Now i'm not starting a fight with you Feak..... but you could say that about the entire bridge module :D
    omnipotent
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    edited December 2020 #113
    @BolianAdmiral
    PLEASE post large orthos of this beauty when you're done! :D
    maybe not done "done" but the overall shape is there for orthos, ill be tweaking materials and other lil things as time goes by but it is as complete as it will be for the moment :)

    yjrjo9c36lee.png
    jgkgy7ozmpej.png
    7lljrob5kghe.png
    d2incyj1n94p.png
    ssnt1pzwm830.png



    Post edited by omnipotent on
    BolianAdmiralHunter GcommandersozoMustang13Camaro68publiusrwolfmanJES
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Freak wrote: »
    I was really digging this until I saw the "JJ windows" on the bridge.
    That has to be the stupidest idea someone has come up with. One lucky shot and you killed the whole command crew.
    Close that area off and it would be really sweet.


    Put part from that little nic-pick really nice Job.

    cant please everyone ;) glad you dig the rest tho :+1:
    Hunter G
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    markmassey wrote: »
    Now i'm not starting a fight with you Feak..... but you could say that about the entire bridge module :D

    id prefer to have it center saucer tbh and not anywhere near the exterior hull :)
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    edited December 2020 #116
    Still from a higher sample flyby i am rendering over night, combining the nebula the warp streaks and the original flyby hopefully i got the timing of the streaks down so they dont look to off but i guess ill see tomorrow morning but going by this still the sample rate seems ok for 3min/frame :)

    mubpy54z7z8q.jpg
    Post edited by omnipotent on
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryJMP11BolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777FreakMustang13Camaro68srspicerJES
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    It isn't my favorite ship design, but from this angle it looks pretty sleek!

    mubpy54z7z8q.jpg
    [/quote]

    omnipotentBolianAdmiralpubliusr
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1113 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,556Member
    Thank you! She turned out beautifully!
    omnipotent
  • Hunter GHunter G1903 Posts: 543Member
    edited December 2020 #119
    omnipotent wrote: »
    markmassey wrote: »
    Now i'm not starting a fight with you Feak..... but you could say that about the entire bridge module :D

    id prefer to have it center saucer tbh and not anywhere near the exterior hull :)

    I agree with that wholeheartedly

    And the ship looks great, I think I'm actually starting to like it thanks to this version!
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    omnipotent
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    edited December 2020 #120
    JMP11 wrote: »
    It isn't my favorite ship design, but from this angle it looks pretty sleek!
    she does have a few angles that are really sexy for sure ;)
    Thank you! She turned out beautifully!
    :+1:
    Hunter G wrote: »
    omnipotent wrote: »
    markmassey wrote: »
    Now i'm not starting a fight with you Feak..... but you could say that about the entire bridge module :D

    id prefer to have it center saucer tbh and not anywhere near the exterior hull :)

    I agree with that wholeheartedly

    And the ship looks great, I think I'm actually starting to like it thanks to this version!

    aye just makes more sense to have the controll of the ship to be buried deep within the shell but from a visual standpoint having it near the exterior and have a bridge window also makes sense so its the eternal battle between visuals and logical realism :)

    Post edited by omnipotent on
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1976 Central OhioPosts: 1,221Member
    She turned out absolutely amazing. Well done
    omnipotent
Sign In or Register to comment.