Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DJoel's 2D Design Bureau Thread

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the way the wings come out of the arms on that version. It's different than a lot of mech suit designs I've seen, and different is always good.
    JES
  • JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
    edited January 15 #33
    I like the way the wings come out of the arms on that version. It's different than a lot of mech suit designs I've seen, and different is always good.

I know! And trying to get the appearance of something that looks functional (for a mech suit), while also unique is turning out to be the hard part, especially while I still struggle with contrivances like perspective and proportion!

I also have this idea of mounting the wings on the shoulder pauldrons, which would actually reflect anatomy better. What matters is that the back-mounted weaponry has room to maneuver. This would also make room for little things like shields and arm-mounted weaponry.

I worked a little more on Design A, including a back view. Also worked on refining the details into something more than a rough doodle, but it's occurred to me WAY after the fact that how I organize the details and notes can make a difference in read/viewability. Lessons learned for when I work on Design B.

angel_suit_semi_final_design_a_by_jeszasz_dgq6qdk-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTkyMSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxNnFkay0yZmVlOWRkYi00OTY0LTQxZGItYTI0ZC1hYmRlMDBiN2JkMTUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.CyX3wP0bw5c4V6N8tR7fGXbGIaIRkNG9VXvoJcnwwLA

Post edited by JES on
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180StarCruiser
    edited January 15 #34
    Covid forced me to take an involuntary break. Thanks a lot, you useless pestilence. For the past few days, I've been feeling well enough to try to take advantage of my pestilence-inflicted status.

While fooling around on Pinterest, I discovered the wonderful concept of a Ship a Day.

spaceship_of_the_day_001_by_jeszasz_dggvmwf-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjU2MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdndm13Zi1hYWJkZWRhOC0yNTU0LTQ0MDQtYTFiOC1mYTM0ODlhNjUzNjQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.aASZkNvX5WKUpr1TQl-VhvCu1AiPEWPX5la3RVLiA-E

I spent way too much time on what should have been completed in an hour, but wanted to experiment with this Panther Chameleon pattern that I wanted to experiment with, hence the name. I'm probably going to have to focus on shape for now if I want to continue doing a Ship a Day, while also continuing the mech suit design process simultaneously (which I would)!

Combining the aesthetics of Outlaw Star with Star Trek has allured me for a while, and it is probably no coincidence that I choose the same base color for the hull. There is just something retro about starships that land on their tail. It's also probably impractical for a ship that size to land on it's butt.

spaceship_of_the_day_001_alt_by_jeszasz_dggvmvq-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjU2MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdndm12cS1hOWUxZWE3MC00N2YxLTQ1MGUtOGFlNC0yMGNlYzAzZmQ4MDkucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.oz2KHRmq7Vyb8-VN8RRUf9Q3EuUpK3T3qN_IQQUJYjw

THIS shows the size comparison, revealing that the Orion class is even bigger and longer than the (probably) contemporary NX class, probably close to or even over 300m. That, and an attempt to play around with perspective. I'm tempted to call this the Orion class, after the proposed project of the same name, which for better or worse, was cancelled. There is some speculation that the project was continued or replaced with a Secret Space Program with alien technology, but that's another discussion.

Anyways, just because these suckers were bigger than a Daedalus, or even NX class, and rivaled a Yorktown class in size, doesn't mean that they were more advanced. To the contrary, they would have lacked fancy technology like transporters, gravimetric impulse drives, protection would have come only from ablative hull plating. In other words, they would have been primitive in comparison to the Constitution class, as stated by Spock regarding ship designs of the Romulan Wars. Full control over artificial gravity by this time would have been a must for entering and exiting these ships planetside however, and I probably should have designed the deck layout more like a building, but the Outlaw Star influence was too strong.

Finally, these monsters would have been capable of WF-4, on account of their massive warp nacelles powered by equally massive fusion reactors. These would have been at the limit of fusion's capabilities.

I'm not sure WHEN or WHERE these things would have been active. Perhaps a little before the NX and Daedalus classes. Less likely Maybe during or after the Romulan War. Probably in an alternate timeline before the Temporal Cold War, or even because of it.
    Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserStarriggerevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusr
    It's always nice to see some pre-Federation ST stuff. I like the obvious Vulcan influences.
    edited January 15 #36
    It's always nice to see some pre-Federation ST stuff. I like the obvious Vulcan influences.

Yes, Vulcan influences. Totally not influenced by the Outlaw Star. Although now that I think of it, I have to wonder if it was the Vulcan ships had not just a retro rocketship influence, but an anime influence too, especially that deep red color is a match (at least for the Surak class).

Ship of the Day #02 The result of listening to a Youtube video on an alleged war between the Atlantians and Lumerians. You know, Ancient Advanced Civilization stuff. The Sanskrit script and energy crystals are intentional design elements.

space_of_the_day_002_by_jeszasz_dggvo0p-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdndm8wcC0xOTIyMGYxZi1jZmNmLTQ2MDUtYmFlZC03ZjhlZjc2ZmNlMWEucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.dQjrfj--B3XWul8vXfQGB7Xq_5_iB_E0ColBSPmHtWM
    Link for larger version:
    https://deviantart.com/jeszasz/art/Space-of-the-Day-002-995810137

Post edited by JES on
    rojrenMustang13Camaro68StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusr
    edited November 2023 #37
    I've never even heard of Outlaw Star. (I don't do a lot of anime) I was referring to the ring engines used on Vulcan ships. This is the influence for those:

memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(XCV_330)

The color scheme is from John Eaves' Vulcan ship, the T'Plana-Hath, from First Contact:

memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/T%27Plana-Hath_(starship)

As far as what influenced Eaves, it's hard to say. However, looking at the Outlaw Star Wiki, it looks like the manga came out the same year as First Contact, and the anime two years later.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    JES
    I've never even heard of Outlaw Star. (I don't do a lot of anime) I was referring to the ring engines used on Vulcan ships. This is the influence for those:

The color scheme is from John Eaves' Vulcan ship, the T'Plana-Hath, from First Contact:

As far as what influenced Eaves, it's hard to say. However, looking at the Outlaw Star Wiki, it looks like the manga came out the same year as First Contact, and the anime two years later.

No worries, I know exactly what you were talking about. I love the Vulcan ships, and I also love how the Surak has a color scheme similar to the Outlaw Star, and I have to wonder if John Eaves was a fan of the show, or if it was just a wonderful coincidence. Outlaw Star was a part of my childhood, and is one of many creative designs to come out of Japan. They would probably would have aired in the US around the same time as ENT.

As for what I was thinking: the two major influences was the IXS Enterprise by Mark Rademaker, and that definitely can be traced to the XCV-330 type, and I combined that with design elements from the Outlaw Star. Turns out that sticking a saucer onto a rocket shape works out rather nicely, and I think it's a shame that something similar wasn't done for the NX class.

My idea of having both a warp ring and nacelle setup is that Earth experimented with a hybrid warp drive, using the nacelles for short sprints and maneuvering at warp, because while it was easier to achieve higher WF using the massive ring, altering the warp field to change bearing was something it was terrible at.

The idea of it landing on it's tail was also influenced by Outlaw Star, traditional pulp science fiction, and even contemporary rockets, which appears it might become a tradition. I considering giving the ship THREE or FOUR nacelles, but there is a reason why ships with three or four warp nacelles didn't exist at the time, and I didn't want to contradict the story of the USS Tritium and her unbalanced tri-nacelle disaster when I could just turn the other two engines into fusion scramjets instead. The nacelles are mostly there to act as traditional landing stilts, just like in old-fashioned pulp science fiction.
    evil_genius_180
    edited January 15 #39
    SOTD: I was originally going to combine aspects of something called a Higaaran something with the dropship from Aliens, but didn't look at either, so it came out as some other kind of drop or attack ship. Pew pew pew!!!

spaceship_of_the_day__003_by_jeszasz_dggvo0x-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTEzNCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdndm8weC0wMTYxNDdmZC00MzBkLTQzYWUtOWY4MC04YTlkMmNjNmU4NmIucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.hjwohqNyQwujC72dC6qa3eCwGoLBtXspRaKpT5ggIew

Post edited by JES on
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777publiusr
    edited November 2023 #40
    I like the drop/attack ship. I can definitely see the Alien influences.
    JES wrote: »

No worries, I know exactly what you were talking about. I love the Vulcan ships, and I also love how the Surak has a color scheme similar to the Outlaw Star, and I have to wonder if John Eaves was a fan of the show, or if it was just a wonderful coincidence. Outlaw Star was a part of my childhood, and is one of many creative designs to come out of Japan. They would probably would have aired in the US around the same time as ENT.

As for what I was thinking: the two major influences was the IXS Enterprise by Mark Rademaker, and that definitely can be traced to the XCV-330 type, and I combined that with design elements from the Outlaw Star. Turns out that sticking a saucer onto a rocket shape works out rather nicely, and I think it's a shame that something similar wasn't done for the NX class.

My idea of having both a warp ring and nacelle setup is that Earth experimented with a hybrid warp drive, using the nacelles for short sprints and maneuvering at warp, because while it was easier to achieve higher WF using the massive ring, altering the warp field to change bearing was something it was terrible at.

The idea of it landing on it's tail was also influenced by Outlaw Star, traditional pulp science fiction, and even contemporary rockets, which appears it might become a tradition. I considering giving the ship THREE or FOUR nacelles, but there is a reason why ships with three or four warp nacelles didn't exist at the time, and I didn't want to contradict the story of the USS Tritium and her unbalanced tri-nacelle disaster when I could just turn the other two engines into fusion scramjets instead. The nacelles are mostly there to act as traditional landing stilts, just like in old-fashioned pulp science fiction.

Yeah, John Eaves might be an anime fan. It may have even been his inspiration. I used to follow his blog back when he updated it (before life made that impossible for him) and he used to share some cool stories, but I don't remember if he posted anything about the T-Plana-Hath. I've always loved the design, though, and how he and Doug Drexler drew from that design when they designed the Vulcan ships for Enterprise.

I've been getting into anime more myself these past few years. I find streaming has helped me in that regard, as I find stuff more accessible. When Enterprise was airing, I was in the Army and I often didn't have time for watching TV. In fact, I mostly caught Enterprise in syndication years later. However, since you've let me know Outlaw Star is a thing, I did a search and easily found it on both Funimation and Crunchyroll, so I'll have to give it a look. That's how I got into Dragon Ball last year, I started watching both the original anime and DBZ on Funimation, then I wound up buying both series.

As for your work, I love what you're doing. Mixing stuff from different Sci-Fi franchises is really cool when done right, and you're definitely doing it right. Since you posted the link to the Outlaw Star, I can totally see the influences both from that and various Trek designs. I agree that humans would have tried different configurations for warp drives before settling on the familiar Starfleet designs, so mixing traditional nacelles and ring engines to see what works best makes sense to me.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    JES
    edited January 15 #41
    I like the drop/attack ship. I can definitely see the Alien influences.

I've been getting into anime more myself these past few years. I find streaming has helped me in that regard, as I find stuff more accessible. When Enterprise was airing, I was in the Army and I often didn't have time for watching TV. In fact, I mostly caught Enterprise in syndication years later. However, since you've let me know Outlaw Star is a thing, I did a search and easily found it on both Funimation and Crunchyroll, so I'll have to give it a look. That's how I got into Dragon Ball last year, I started watching both the original anime and DBZ on Funimation, then I wound up buying both series.

As for your work, I love what you're doing. Mixing stuff from different Sci-Fi franchises is really cool when done right, and you're definitely doing it right. Since you posted the link to the Outlaw Star, I can totally see the influences both from that and various Trek designs. I agree that humans would have tried different configurations for warp drives before settling on the familiar Starfleet designs, so mixing traditional nacelles and ring engines to see what works best makes sense to me.

Dragonball Z was no small part of my childhood, and Outlaw Star aired on the Toonami block way back in the day. I just loved the world-building and characters, and I've been hooked on anime ever since. Like I said, a lot of designs in Japanese anime are often unique and aesthetically pleasing.

I had no idea that you were a recent fan of the series. From your profile icon, I would have thought you also grew up with the series! If you haven't watched Outlaw Star, I would totally recommend it. It's only one season long, but I find that the characters are fun and likable much like in Dragonball, the world-building is well done for only one season, and I feel that the animation holds up nice even to this day, and like most Japanese science fiction series, has some nice ship designs, and no shortage of background ships too.

I would imagine that serving in the military doesn't leave much time for TV. Thank you for your service!

And thanks for the complement! I often find that the Japanese designers will take different design elements, and I will admit that when I am feeling in need of inspiration, that's one of the first places I'll go. They even make what should be oddball design choices, like Space Battleship Yamato, feel like they wouldn't be completely dysfunctional, while also just looking aesthetically pleasing, while Outlaw Star draws influence from the American Space Age design aesthetic such as Flash Gordan, but in a way that is also modern and refreshing.

Now, onto ship of the day #004: What Happens When I Turn the Starfleet Insignia Into a Shuttlepod. Something's gotta replace the Type 16, 17, or whatever Shuttlepod. Also took the opportunity to practice a bit of shading, lighting, and color.
    ship_of_the_day_004__insignia_type_shuttlepod_by_jeszasz_dggvphl-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdndnBobC1iMmQ5NWRlNC1jNzdhLTRlODEtYTNhYS1hNzk1YzMyYzg0NjAuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.BoB14F4GoU7_YicMRpo6kxtPXRCoymV2ndcXKU2AdiQ

spaceship_of_the_day_004__insignia_type_shuttlepod_by_jeszasz_dggvphu-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTc5MyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdndnBodS01M2JmN2FlNS04MmIyLTQ1OWYtYTFhYS1hZDhhZjAwMjBkODIucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.8Tk6kdTbziQkTbatGuv2m1f8M3uFYIbW0RT205AwS2U

And I haven't stopped working on my mech suit. I might end up making the legs longer, but that is what the rough process is for.
    angel_suit_semi_final_design_c_by_jeszasz_dgq6mz4-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTk3MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxNm16NC02YTQ1YjU3NS0xNDBkLTRiMTQtOGNhYi0yZDgzODI0MGI5MDUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.APdLRxLWAoZpGmOGpgKSgZpgDBBDpQz8-YbHbW8_4No

bee_suit_by_jeszasz_dgq6rdg-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxNnJkZy1mZTI4OTk1YS0zMGE4LTQxMjktYmVmYy0yMTNjYzFkODhlZGQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.JRYb8w5D1m-VCpzlZhSHBgiVDHBYIrt8KWKLFQHKEp8

The arms and sword was influenced by the Geno Breaker's X-Breaker (from Zoids), and the Exia Gundam's huge honking sword (from Gundam 00). A shield is just such a great way to mount weapons of various kinds.

Post edited by JES on
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusrStarCruiser
    I love the idea of turning the Starfleet delta into a shuttle. The work you're doing on that design so far is cool. It's also nice to see that you're still working on the mech suit.
    JES wrote: »
    Dragonball Z was no small part of my childhood, and Outlaw Star aired on the Toonami block way back in the day. I just loved the world-building and characters, and I've been hooked on anime ever since. Like I said, a lot of designs in Japanese anime are often unique and aesthetically pleasing.

I had no idea that you were a recent fan of the series. From your profile icon, I would have thought you also grew up with the series! If you haven't watched Outlaw Star, I would totally recommend it. It's only one season long, but I find that the characters are fun and likable much like in Dragonball, the world-building is well done for only one season, and I feel that the animation holds up nice even to this day, and like most Japanese science fiction series, has some nice ship designs, and no shortage of background ships too.

No, I would love to have grown up on the series, but it wasn't in the cards. I was (of course) aware of its existence for decades, but I never paid much attention to it. However, someone I used to work with was talking about it about a year and a half ago, so I decided to see if it was streaming anywhere. I started watching DBZ on Funimation and I got hooked. I bought the whole series, watched through the Frieza saga, then I also watched some of the movies and I stared watching the original DB. I watched all five seasons of that and its movies, then I finished DBZ and its movies. I've even seen Dragonball Z Evolution. :lol: I've watched a couple seasons of Dragon Ball Super, but I'm finding that one to be less to my liking than the first two series were. But, I own the whole series, so I'll finish it eventually. I also have Dragon Ball GT to watch. When I find something that I really like, I go all in. ;)
    JES
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    edited January 17 #44
    Hope everyone and their households had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Posting this is a bit of an indulgence, because I have a backlog of laundry, and I have to clean up after finding a flour mite infestation.
    angel_suit_semi_final_design_02a_by_jeszasz_dgqh3ab-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTM5MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaDNhYi0yNWNhMTNiNy0zMjc3LTQ0NDYtYmZkOS1lMjZhMmU2ODBhYmIucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.-csUuKJkZRMxn-X8IEdZUmCQhMRZEvO5_EMVs7ssPkQ

A bulkier, cleaner shape for the Angel Suit. Has four legs, instead of the usual two. That brings the possible design paths to Slim, Vespine, and Bulky. I only plan to develop one design path further.

noxoxpdbcycq.png
    A WIP for Ship of the Day 005, which is more like Aerospace of the Day 005, because it is a Sky Bike. Influenced by an acquaintance's bike. Alternate, and perhaps future designs are also present, and there is a backlog of concept sketches in my sketchbooks that I'll snap and post at a later date.
    Further plans to experiment with practicing coloring and shading next.
    Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserLizzy777Starrigger
    edited January 17 #45
    Roughs of what I think the final design of the suit will look like. Combining the "Muscular" form with the "Quadped" and arm-mounted wing. Have yet to figure out how to mount the main cannons, but have some roughs. Need to further develop.syuxkcj00lyj.png

Also, earlier rough sketches. Of the suit.
    vvfm3xhnvj85.jpg
    bxfyyqn5mm82.jpg

And from of air/spacecraft (of which there are many).
    aerospace_roughs_09_by_jeszasz_dgqhwna-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHduYS1lYWE5ODlhMy1jMTg5LTQzMzMtYjI3My1iNWFlOTY5MTQwZDIuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.ze6IHIQsMmrvutDPh8oTsbfjVA31u5bUXFPop3F0g0o

aerospace_roughs_12_by_jeszasz_dgqhx8q-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHg4cS0wMmFhNDU0Yi04OWE1LTRhNTctYWY3MC1iMTMyZjkwM2Q4YjkuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.SajF1VguXH8OlSCiOXxjgjpuAVQQ8SS9aM4a-_bBGLY

aerospace_roughs_08_by_jeszasz_dgqhxf7-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHhmNy1kNjJjMTNkZC0xMDEwLTQ0ZTktYmQ2ZC0yMTU5N2I1M2JjNzkuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.P7qHaBYwnUu6g5YewHdQz6b-oqJuNlgxB-DOyATpzJM

aerospace_roughs_03_by_jeszasz_dgqhxmx-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHhteC1mNzA4YTRhZC1lOGVmLTRhOTktODA2Ny0yM2IwZjg2MWNiMDkuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.EgQU4Fa9EbSI5r70Mxv1VEGbriD4YvAc1Wwh8gqEswU

aerospace_roughs_07_by_jeszasz_dgqhxyd-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHh5ZC1mOGNlYWYxNi05NzZkLTQ5NWEtOGRmZS03ODg3Y2NmYjZlMGEuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.3f4ERL2LgLkXo5O3TDGfN6qGui17quxC6Oz3zUaXetc

aerospace_roughs_01_by_jeszasz_dgqhy89-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHk4OS01NTFjZDRlOS1jMTNiLTQ3MDItYWQ0Ny1lYzg2MGM1MGJjYmYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.hT-6a0vuNjxpYpDMssrZpeIYAmc6nc9XCuKgp61UNW8

aerospace_roughs_05_by_jeszasz_dgqhyi7-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHlpNy0wYjc0YzVjZS04MWMwLTRjMzAtOWViNy1jOTY0ZjU5M2I4MjkuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.NBorZRZ9GN2B3ezA9dCbQlgP8Bu-G85FdBMhugV6bOM

aerospace_roughs_02_by_jeszasz_dgqhypr-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHlwci1mNDBmZGQ3NC02YmE4LTQ1NTctOTAzNi0xMzU4YTM3ZjM1N2IuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.J_lH3ctmK5bkj4o0ASqGZDUFABdW6-8RpgpQwnKNxsA

aerospace_roughs_10_by_jeszasz_dgqhyxm-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHl4bS1mZjZlZmU4Yy01NzBiLTRlYmUtOTE1Yi1lYzAxNTVhZTg2YmQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.PiVzTYv1bapSKEl_Jn7SlM-HBCUI85OBJQrpmJQNYbo

aerospace_roughs_06_by_jeszasz_dgqhz1r-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHoxci05NDFlYWZmNS1mMjA4LTRiODMtYmQ0Yi1hOTJiYmNhMDc1ZDcuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.Zq3TCX2-MU--kdUHflnZYk4tt4cK9dUp3DglWI_SM7A

aerospace_roughs_11_by_jeszasz_dgqhzcv-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaHpjdi1jMDBkZjJlYi1iNWRjLTQxNDgtOWZiOS0xNThlZjI1MTU5YjEuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.ucIGlPo3ncR9Q4KicEtYWBN3n0tpTaQhfBZTz0tt-zU

aerospace_roughs_04_by_jeszasz_dgqi00a-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaTAwYS01ZWM0OTVmNy1jN2JiLTQzYWItYTI0MS0zYTJkMGMzZTU5N2QuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.T7wlsENm3tcvv-RGI8ZrYGl24RSp0ljcWz64z6JIxds

Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusr
    edited January 17 #46
    Quick update before playing a new game on the Switch: testing colors and main cannon configuration/deployment:
    angel_suit_final_design_wip_p2_by_jeszasz_dgqi84g-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjA3MyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxaTg0Zy0xZWMyN2ZjMC1mZTQ0LTQ1NjktYjhlMC02MGIxMzQxZjU4NmIucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.gVEbTtI1hdZjlyPQulZ__5srhv2-1DZkGIzKoaYZ1j0

Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180
    edited January 18 #47
    Last week, I had too much stuff to keep me busy (getting a terrarium set up for some frogs, amongst other minutia), so it's been over a week since my last post. Off of work for the next several days, so taking a break from Pokemon Legends: Arceus, and trying to get more drawing done.

I've been surfing through Pinterest again for inspiration. After this, I'm probably going to go back to practicing with colors on one of the previous drawings.spaceship_design_practice_01_by_jeszasz_dgqoedl-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAzNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb2VkbC1hMzRmZGNhMC1lZTgwLTQ1OGQtOTBlYS05YWRkMGU5MDBiYWYucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.QtrbiPtTX1EcoSlkTjeChyq1fhEsu4YNwfhqNy0Bjlc

Post edited by JES on
    rojrenevil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777StarriggerpubliusrMustang13Camaro68
    I really like that bottom left design.
    JESMustang13Camaro68
    I really like that bottom left design.

I really liked the bottom left design too (which is probably why I spent the most time on it). My idea is that it uses an electrogravitic drive, and the drives are basically giant magnets pushing and pulling space.
    edited January 18 #50
    Practicing colors and shading on an aircraft design from earlier.

aircraft_of_the_day_005_by_jeszasz_dgqof1d-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Mjc0MyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb2YxZC1hYzVkMzdmMC0yMjQ5LTRiY2EtOTRlYS1kNWMzZjI0NGE3NzMucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.bG1vks1HLPwOAtA7oxPGxx0bvPo4n87NqrgvQaWj-rk

Also working on rebooting the Sparrow class (now the Swallowtail class), at least at night (the day is reserved for non-fan design work). The final design will likely be either 2380s Concept B or D. Also a way to work on creating thumbnail design sketches.

swallowtail_class_concept_design_lineage_by_jeszasz_dgqogfr-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTYwMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb2dmci1mMmE3MjVlMC1kNTgxLTRkMDUtOWQzNC0yZDk4YmVjZDU3YzUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.sALMTBHbLXhOrGWV4bcGSNNSEKOvZ2EN7fAzkUaAiFQ

Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180Mustang13Camaro68
    edited January 18 #51
    More spaceship sketches. Well, okay, one is not a spaceship, but most of them most certainly are.

armed_transport_prelim_art_by_jeszasz_dgqoi9v-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb2k5di1lYTA1MzMwNy00YmQxLTQxOWItYWY1Zi0xZmMzMzA2OWVlMTkuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.XxQtqXa6pOeLhMZ2Dq_ZG-JczoAcfYHXNcoMxslYmvc

Some sort of armed transport or freighter with VOTL engine configuration. Took design cues from hypersonic aircraft over time.

random_sketches_01_by_jeszasz_dgqoij0-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjU2MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb2lqMC1hYTE4ODE4NC1mMDIxLTQzZTktODIwZi1iYTBlZTM1NDUyOTQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ._95-b3IvoZ9NdtoT0FqOgs55hQZUT466j0zJ370jUgI

An earlier version of the electrogravitic "plyer" drive transport, some Federation transports, and some sort of random fighters, or another transport (haven't decided yet).

ringed_engines_by_jeszasz_dgqoipp-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb2lwcC02MWZjNTQzMi1jZTJiLTQ4OGItOTBlYy04YzUyYmE1ZWFlOGEuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.XZKnxG5vRSUkdZ249Af_Lx5EDOOhFjcaLN-M-i3u6IA

Experimenting with circular engine configurations. Nothing that I'm satisfied with though.

Normally, I wait until after I've filled up a page before posting it, but I think it came out looking pretty decent today. Time elapsed: ~45 mins.
    pelican_type_zoid_prelim_art_01_by_jeszasz_dgqoj1o-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb2oxby0yYWFjOWUxZi0zNGI1LTQyMDQtOThjMC1iYjQ3YWMyNGI1ZWUuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.lXFHrLCpfgmpLIRiR8h8CIvmOKkmRlUxA6fN3HuoteQ

Anybody else here familiar with Zoids? Mechanical animals from Planet Zi that function as (amongst other things) weapons of war. Prelim concept for a Pelican type. Takes design cues from the Martin P6M Sea Master and Consolidated PBY Catalina. Still in need of a lot of refinement, but I think it looks promising? There's probably a backstory somewhere in the back of my head. If I'm not mistaken, seaplanes were used during WW-II to drop depth charges, and I could see this fellow carrying such weapons under the wings.
    Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180
    edited January 18 #52
    uje7830jfig8.jpg
    Quick post before going to work out. Concepts for a redesign of the "Nautilus", the designer of whom has been lost to history. Note that I added a lot of Vesta elements in order to update the design, and make her more distinct. She still retains that distinctive nose though.

Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180Mustang13Camaro68
  • Wow so that is a modern interpretation of the Nautilus. Great design. Why is it no one is creating your designs in 3d?
    Lt.Carter wrote: »
    Wow so that is a modern interpretation of the Nautilus. Great design. Why is it no one is creating your designs in 3d?

Haha, thanks a lot! And keep in mind that I really liked your modeling from back in the day (I think it was the early 2010s, but can't remember)! You've done some beautiful work yourself, so that means a lot to me!

There is still some refinement I want to make to the design before I would hypothetically move her into 3D. It's a prelim design, and since she is not technically my original design, that means I feel a need to do her justice. I'm not sure about the underside of the primary hull, and I'm wondering if I should take design elements from the Protostar for that part of the hull. I've already interpreted that dark patch as giant viewports similar to those on the Protostar!

I have to give credit to Mark Rademaker for his trailblazing designs, which are unique, pretty cool, and have design elements that are a hoot to play around with, and really helped me give this a design an even more unique feel. But I just had to keep those unique nacelles! <3

I don't know why none of my designs haven't ended up in a 3D format, but it probably is somewhere in between the following:
    1) I lack the time. And probably time management. Trying to balance both constantly doing 2D and learning 3D modeling is difficult at best. Ah, if only I didn't have to work... Or if it was my JOB! I also really want to create the Vesta Mk-II and finalize my Swallowtail/Sparrowhawk in Blender one day. I know that it will be a long-term project, even if I spent all my time on the damned thing, in no part because I only barely know the software, and there is so much left for me to learn!
    2) I've never asked/commissioned anyone to model any of my designs. I'm too modest/assume that anyone who is really interested will ask.
    3) Nobody has shown an interest in doing any of my designs in 3D. Everybody is welcome to do so, and I'd be flattered (and accept)!
  • Okay now I am flattered I did not think anyone really noticed my designs. If you check out the RELEASES section you can see my interpretation of the BSG 6th millennium fighter. zorzim3d even made an image with the mesh. I also agree with you on the underside of the Nautilus don't think you would like the original it was not done very well. Also I would take on one or two but BLENDER it is a mess trying to learn and my programs are not up to the task. Good luck with your future projects though.
    Lt.Carter wrote: »
    Okay now I am flattered I did not think anyone really noticed my designs. If you check out the RELEASES section you can see my interpretation of the BSG 6th millennium fighter. zorzim3d even made an image with the mesh. I also agree with you on the underside of the Nautilus don't think you would like the original it was not done very well. Also I would take on one or two but BLENDER it is a mess trying to learn and my programs are not up to the task. Good luck with your future projects though.

I think you'd be surprised by how many remember your designs from back in the day. You did have a pretty long thread, with some neat designs (the Micmac/Iroquis come to mind, while the Skipjack was a nice interpretation of an armed variant of the Oberth). You really utilized the design aesthetic of the early Lost Era very well.

Fortunately, I haven't seen what the underside of the Nautilus was supposed to look like, so that leaves it open to my interpretation. I originally envisioned it appearing like the Vesta class (maybe some Sovvie thrown in for good measure), but now I'm thinking of making it look more like the Nova or Protostar's underside. Something sleek and relatively simple.

I appreciate mentioning an offer, but if you don't feel up to it, I think it's more important for you to first choose and learn a program that you feel comfortable with. To be honest, the program that you used in the early 2000s was adequate, but whatever you were using is probably outdated by now. I get the feeling that you could make more detailed models with a more modern program.

Blender was my first experience with a 3D modeling program, so my feelings on the matter are rather biased, but I do feel that it is a popular free modeling program for good reason. Learning a new program can always be daunting (and a time-consuming SOB task!), but if you want to resume modeling like you did a decade ago, I think it will help if you use a program that a lot of fellow users share. Backstept for is a user for example. I think that the problem is that you're used to a completely different program.

I'm going to depend more on growing my skills and advice from other bloggers than luck, out of experience, but thank you, and good luck to you too! ;)
  • Sorry but Blender is not an option tried it but just looks like the cockpit of a747. BTW the tutorials are of no use. My old programs are still in use and though they do not have have advanced options I can still create. You mentioned the Micmac it is now in the releases section .3ds format, if anyone requires a different format they can ask. also here is the underside of Nautilus.n1728f84jv8f.jpg
    It would be really cool to see you develop some of these concepts into 3D, but I understand that you don't really have the time. I know you tried learning Blender at one point, but Blender is a beast. As Lt.Cater said, the tutorials aren't much help unless you're after something specific. And, even then, you often have to adapt them for the version you're using as they change so much between versions.
    JES
    edited January 18 #59
    Let's just say that I
    -A Had a hyperbolic time chamber
    Or
    -B That THIS was my only job
    Blender definitely has a learning curve, but I've tried other modeling programs, and I don't have access to paid-for applications that might be easier, so I don't know any different.

That said, I only barely have time to build one model at a time. But what I've really been wanting to work on is this
    3ul0uik8ady0.jpg
    851eukjt6hr1.jpg
    v12nqj5dhcap.jpg
    7l8wfzhqcoe0.jpg
    vesta_mk_ii_prelim_by_jeszasz_dgqosds-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA5OCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb3Nkcy02ZGJiMTlkNS1mMDE0LTRmNjYtYmI2MS1iN2Y5MjVkNzUxYmYucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.ldmiYn_oQ086pzaDhWOcPgandqDbMBQJ2nKfRgEo_Hw

To that end, I've been spending evenings working on hand-drawn orthos, based on this aborted refit design for the Vesta class. Eventually, Mark Rademaker posted images of a less drastic refit, but I found the the more rakish profile irresistible.

Because there are no orthos of the Mk-II, the plan is to make a set of orthos by taking the above into Illustrator to measure everything in order to make them consistent, so everything hopefully goes smoothly in Blender.
    Post edited by JES on
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiser
    edited January 18 #60
    Committing to my goal to post at least once a week. Continued work on the hardsuit, which I've nicknamed the
    "Juggernaut".

angel_suit_juggernaut_by_jeszasz_dgqosyh-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjUzNSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxb3N5aC0yOGQ1MzM1NS1hNDhmLTRjN2YtYThkOC1mOWI0MGVjNGU1ZTMucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.DUBGjIbyTSPBzN5qKNrgWryBXPI91XX0ARHoHyaJlGM

Working on finalizing the proportions. Some spikes have managed to make their way into the shoulder pauldrons, which I might like enough to keep.

Continued practice necessary to attempt to sketch the limbs and such has been fun. Also the first time that I've depicted a smaller set of secondary arms that come out of the back of the humongous larger arms. If the target is small, agile, and unwanted, that is where these would come into play. Wanted to do something similar to Grievous from Star Wars, but also very different.

Still need to figure out where the side arms are stored though.
    Post edited by JES on
    StarCruiserLizzy777
    A what-if: USS Titan-A, but rebuilt as a modified Luna class integrated with Quantum Slipstream drive. I feel that it makes more sense than a new-build century-old design. There's probably legit reasons why the Shangri-La class was out of production. Takes some cues from the old STO Sol sub-class, but mostly from the Vesta class as usual, and the nacelles from the Argonaut class.

luna_refit_rough_sketches_by_jeszasz_dgqnwnh-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjU2MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwOGIwNmJkLTY2NzQtNGI5MC1iOGNmLTM3NzUxMjJjZjcxM1wvZGdxbnduaC1lNWE5ZGMwZC03Yjk1LTQwMmYtYmViNi0xNGYzOTZkYjZmMmQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.sBdRlFgITw9qfZeB0X3ggIsrBr4BHN2hmIOO0GmzHTk

There wasn't much room left on the sheet of paper to hash out the nose of this variant, but I have thought about giving it a nose inspired by a Lamborghini (the cutout for the auxiliary nav deflectors would be similar to the air intakes). The Titan class already has a snout that can be described as stealth aircraft-like, and I wanted to actually start that design tradition.

(No offense intended towards the Shangri-La class, just that it would be more at home in the Lost Era).

I've also been switching the hosting source of my images on DeviantArt, rather than on here, as I've noticed many other artists do on here. It's a bit of a time consuming process, since many of these images have only been posted on here, but I'm hoping it results in the images loading faster for everyone.
    StarCruiserLizzy777