Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe "Starship" Enterprise

• srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Love the renders!

I think the landing legs will need to have a much wider stance.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Why not? It looks sweet.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    The Tiles really bring it to life.
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    srspicer wrote: »
    Love the renders!

I think the landing legs will need to have a much wider stance.

Thanks, yeah i agree that the legs could do with being wider but as far as we have seen the current version of the gear does not give much if any extra width to the stance.
    Why not? It looks sweet.

Inventor does not like it, taking agess to do the processing when adding a set of tiles on the nose. I will get there but it is slow going.
    Freak wrote: »
    The Tiles really bring it to life.

Yeah they really do, added more seam lines on the nose section of the hull which gives it some more life too.

• P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    I don’t know, how closely you’re following the plans for the original Starship - since that one doesn’t have warp nacelles (yet 😁) - but ther’re two “bumps” on the back, your version is currently missing. Maybe they’re for the landing legs to retract into 🤔

zy9rne0xxs13.jpeg

This isn’t an official SpaceX render, since they mostly do videos. But I am pretty sure about those “bumps” 😁
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    I don’t know, how closely you’re following the plans for the original Starship - since that one doesn’t have warp nacelles (yet 😁) - but ther’re two “bumps” on the back, your version is currently missing. Maybe they’re for the landing legs to retract into 🤔

zy9rne0xxs13.jpeg

This isn’t an official SpaceX render, since they mostly do videos. But I am pretty sure about those “bumps” 😁

Yeah i follow it pretty closely especialy as of late. As far as i am aware these pods were part of the official design at the last update but it seems that they have ditched the idea to simplfy the hull and geometry of the tiles on the bottom. I think they may come back again. Also the landing legs that are curently in use flip out from inside the skirt so thats what i went with. But the desing is fluid so it could all change next week or tomorrow.

I am going to get around to making a starfleet inspired design with maybe bits of the interior, phaser strips, shuttle bay ect.

Just wanting to get the OG model done to a point im happy with.

I think this is where im going to call it on the tiles for now, inventor is just taking far too long to do it... might ad a few more rows over the next few weeks haha.

05eqwnvav009.png
    P5ych0p4thevil_genius_180Lizzy777Freak
    s2ikjumml47x.png
    P5ych0p4thevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    Yeah this is as far as im getting... inventor is just completley locking up trying to add a new row.

wru5kjb8bcav.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Freak
    It looks great. Unfortunately, software (and hardware) limitations are familiar to me, so I know what you mean by "this is as far as I'm getting." It sucks, but there's little you can do about it.
    It looks great. Unfortunately, software (and hardware) limitations are familiar to me, so I know what you mean by "this is as far as I'm getting." It sucks, but there's little you can do about it.

I might give it one more go but i left it to emboss another tile and it just hung there for like atleast half an hour. Im just glad i got to a realistic spot.

going off on another tangent again... recently announced Lunar specific starship.

h34xaa4ho9d8.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Freak
    Group Photo.

n0eg94e06ssj.png

zavv52gapxrh.png

P5ych0p4thevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBillynom8
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Fantastic work! This is lovely.
    scifieric wrote: »
    Fantastic work! This is lovely.

Thank you.
    scifieric
    I really like the new moon ship. The group shot looks great too. :)
    Lunashipstart on interior.

xbjx74xwqd1u.png

kpisgj96jarq.png
    I really like the new moon ship. The group shot looks great too. :)

Yeah it looks awesome.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777
    I have a real problem, finishing something, before I become interesting in something else and start something new ... you remind me of that 😁👌
    I have a real problem, finishing something, before I become interesting in something else and start something new ... you remind me of that 😁👌

i feel personally attacked, haha...

0e9ht7jgusna.gif

P5ych0p4th
    Im envisaging the tube up the middle as a sort of tube of light, trying to find an example but cant really find it... think i seen it in a movie or something. Think it needs to be thicker and i need to see if i can get inventor to make a surface emit light... but it probably cant.

Something like this but artificial light.

uw7vxlcpfzqt.jpeg

You get me?

rnlaznbnknp7.png
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777
    Oh please, there are many of us who can't stay on one project long enough to finish it before moving on. We have a club. With jackets. (OK, you have to bring your own jacket, and the meetings are held very infrequently, but that's not the point)

Meanwhile, I'm still loving the moon ship.
    P5ych0p4thscifieric
    edited May 2020 #53
    2026 - MAERSK Line is the first shipping company to embrace space transport. Supplying the growing Lunar and Mars colonies including express point to point deliveries on earth.

They christen the first starship in the fleet S.S. SVENDBORG in honour of the companies first seafairing vessel of the same name.

dsny4pgmyzys.png
    Post edited by Bigd524 on
    evil_genius_180RekkertFreakLizzy777P5ych0p4th
    Sir we are going off course again! Starship Tug Variant. On orbit Tug to reduce on orbit time or re entry class vessels.

y7imhybb0ufr.png

u4b7z2p4jsgn.png

evil_genius_180P5ych0p4thFreakLizzy777
    That is one pretty Moon Rocket! 🙌

I‘d propose giving the Cyber-Moon-Truck a matching Paintjob, but I faintly remember Elon saying, that you can’t paint cold rolled stainless steel 🤔
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Just be sure the tiles are all individually numbered like on the shuttle orbiter. :s

jk. Loving the project!
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    That is one pretty Moon Rocket! 🙌

I‘d propose giving the Cyber-Moon-Truck a matching Paintjob, but I faintly remember Elon saying, that you can’t paint cold rolled stainless steel 🤔

Haha was going to do a render with the truck in the bay jumping out Dukes of hazard style haha.
    furswift wrote: »
    Just be sure the tiles are all individually numbered like on the shuttle orbiter. :s

jk. Loving the project!

Are you wanting me to loose my mind. =)

mvj9z0kcx0xr.gif

Warp Propulsion Laboratory
    Oh my...

vrsisrnafnil.png
    9obmgpq24s4u.png
    9tm8zm7c9p32.png
    odhzf0s4fslr.png
    FreakLizzy777evil_genius_180
    LunaShip Full Stack.

s6dyesandc2q.png
    FreakLizzy777evil_genius_180
    So, with the lunar ship, is the whole ship supposed to be able to land on the moon and take off again? I know the moon's gravity is a fraction of the Earth's, but I don't know how feasible it is to land something like that there and then take off again.