Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Well I wanted to clear my head some and go back and work on one of the older ships that I blocked in and didn’t touch much after that.
    1882.jpg
    I’ll probably rebuild the front of the warp engine. I’m not too happy with it the way it is now.
    1883.jpg
    It’s a small ship but I haven’t decided on the size just yet. My original idea is that after the war this is the first ship that the federation sends out to explore and reconnect with it’s allies.
    1884.jpg
    1885.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Very interesting nacelles! I like it so far, It'll be interesting to see it once the hull is more defined.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    that is one seriously different ship, do those nacelles rotate around the x (left right) axis.
    Not the engines don't rotate. Just don't need to.
    Spending too much time playing the new Star Trek game. Need to get more work done.
    UPDATE...
    More details added to the back of the engine.
    1886.jpg
    A close up of the detail.
    1887.jpg
    And I rebuilt the front of the engine.
    1888.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    It's something really different, but it's interesting.
    Cool engines Rob!
    I thought the small rectangles on the side were the plasma grills, however I like how they look on the back end of the nacelle.
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Spending too much time playing the new Star Trek game. Need to get more work done.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying that game. :D
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is a really intresting desgin.
    UPDATE...
    I’ve started to work out the shape of the hull. I’ve also resized it to around 60 meters I might up to 80 meters. Ignore the possition of the engine it hasn’t been moved into place yet. I’m really happy with the way it’s turned out so far.
    1891.jpg
    1892.jpg
    I’ve added a few more bits to the engine. Don’t know how much more I’ll add.
    1893.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I realized I forgot one important thing. Impulse engines, so I added them to the belly.
    1894.jpg
    1895.jpg
    IA’ve also begun to work out ideas for the bridge.
    1896.jpg
    1897.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice work on those impluse engines.
    Look forward to the end result of this one.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    A completely new take on Warp engine nacelles! Mama likey!
    Thank you. :D

UPDATE...
    Starting to block in the front end. It’s really rough for now.
    1898.jpg
    A few more things under the ship.
    1899.jpg
    And the start of the shuttlebay.
    1900.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Added a few details to the Explorer Class. I’m not sure if I’ll keep that blue glowy strip.
    1954.jpg
    1955.jpg
    1956.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    maybe just a ring of spotlights rather than a nebulous blue stripe, with a texture?

Looking nice with a bit of post glow though!
    tobian wrote: »
    maybe just a ring of spotlights rather than a nebulous blue stripe, with a texture?

Looking nice with a bit of post glow though!
    Yeah I just wanted to see what it might look like. If I keep it I won't use that temp texture.
    The glows were done in Max with a a glow shader.

UPDATE:
    Here is another old ship I haven’t worked on since 2009. I kept haveing trouble with the warp pylon shape but now I’ve got it to a point that I’m happy. For now the ship is only about 150 meters long.
    1960.jpg
    1961.jpg
    UPDATE...
    A bit more done on this ship. I decided I didn’t want to cut a hole into the hull for the Nav Deflector so I added two small ones to the warp pylon. I think it turned out kind of nice.
    1966.jpg
    I’ve also decided to try to flesh out another ship I haven’t touched since 6/23/2009. I just wasn’t sure how I was going to do it but now I have an idea.
    1967.jpg
    1968.jpg
  • nOObnOOb0 Posts: 0Member
    I know it's way out of line for me to criticize the great fozz', (I mean that in a respectful way by the way xD) but the bridge on the explorer class looks kind of like a floppy pancake draped over the hull. I just noticed it now so it may not be a big deal. Awesome ships!
    I like the basic shape of the "Oberth replacement" so far.
    As for the Cardie, it's to early for me to comment on the shape, but at least I like the class name. :lol:
    nOOb wrote: »
    I know it's way out of line for me to criticize the great fozz', (I mean that in a respectful way by the way xD) but the bridge on the explorer class looks kind of like a floppy pancake draped over the hull. I just noticed it now so it may not be a big deal. Awesome ships!
    Could just be the perspective. I'm sure it will look better when I get more done. But that is one hell of a pancake.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I like the basic shape of the "Oberth replacement" so far.
    As for the Cardie, it's to early for me to comment on the shape, but at least I like the class name. :lol:

Thanks. I really haven't given a name to this ship yet but I'm glad it's recognizable as a cardie ship. I've just been calling it the Garak Class ship.
    UPDATE...
    I got a bit more detail added. I tried doing a little more of the ship with no luck, it looked really bad. It has some odd shapes to it and all I have is top view image of the ship. It’s kind of making loose interest in this ship for now.
    1969.jpg
    1970.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Not much going on here. I’m playing with a few ideas for the bridge but I’m not convinced I like what I’ve come up with so far. I might do something closer to the one the Defiant had. I also added a few more minor details. Don’t know how much work I’ll be getting done. Between GTA5 and a new music program I just got opening Max isn’t that interesting to me right now.
    1971.jpg
    1972.jpg
    1973.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I finally came up with a bridge that I’m happy with and added a few more new details.
    1974.jpg
    1975.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I started to do alittle bit more work on another ship I haven’t touched since 4/20/2008.
    Just getting more the warp engine shape figured out.
    1978.jpg
    1976.jpg
    1977.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’ve re-built the warp pylons.
    1979.jpg
    I’ve also decided to mess with a new saucer shape and added a part from another ship I was working but won’t finish now.
    1980.jpg
    1981.jpg
    Despite looking much more "classic" than your other ships, that doesn't make it any less interesting.
    The whole pod/bridge area looks very promising.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    cool. :)
    UPDATE...
    Ok. I’ve re-built the saucer section including the bottom. I alsod decided I’m far enough along to move into Mental Ray. There’s a few things that need to be fixed but they are minor. Only thing I need to do is come up with a secondary hull. Not sure what I’m gonna do about that.

1982.jpg
    1983.jpg
    1984.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I started to work on a temp secondary hull but I think it blows. I will probably go with something that reflecs the warp engines a little more.
    I’ve added the impulse engines and some detail to the saucer that will obviously need some fix’n.
    1985.jpg
    1986.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’ve added nav lights tot he saucer and the RCS system.
    1988.jpg
    I wanted to try out a texture test to make sure it would work the way I wanted it to.
    1989.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Here is a good look at the now finished textured bit.
    1990.jpg
    I’m thinking about adding an airlock in the back as you see.
    1991.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Good work with the textures Rob! :thumb:
    But that bridge is looking to much like a chair. :D Anyway, IA’m sure youA’ll come with something interesting for that place. ;)