Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClassic Version, Jupiter 2 from the BW Series.

Welp...after finishing the Bridge for SATR...I am going to start another project that I am dying to start...its the Classic version Jupiter 2 from the Tv Series.

It was hard to find the floor plans of the ship, but I did find some...hope you guys enjoy my work.
112750.jpg
112751.jpg
Tagged:

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Nice job on the modeling, but unfortunately, you aren't using blueprints for the classic Jupiter 2. They look like the re-imagined blueprints where everything fits properly inside the Jupiter 2.
  • The_meshmasterThe_meshmaster1 Posts: 0Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Nice job on the modeling, but unfortunately, you aren't using blueprints for the classic Jupiter 2. They look like the re-imagined blueprints where everything fits properly inside the Jupiter 2.

I know, but these floor plans are much better...I wish I could find the original ones, but no luck..
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Yeah, looks like Avian's revised plans for the web series. Didn't that got lawyered out of existence?
    Gave it some thought, and I really want this to be more accurate to the tv show, and so since I can't find any pics of the floor plan of the original Jupiter 2. I took some pics of my Model Kit of the ship...crude, but it works.

I just have to fix it to scale though.
    112760.jpg
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    Yes, you were using my plans for the 98-foot Jupiter 2 I designed for the web series. That size is just about the minimum diameter you can make the J2 and have it fit both upper and lower decks in. There is a thread on this very site all about the creation of that model.

If you want to use the 47-52 foot "original" size, you won't be able to do a lower deck. (Well...you could, but it would have to be squashed vertically). But you can still fit the entire upper deck as seen in the show inside that size of ship. Our friend here, "Tralfaz" also did an excellent version on this site!

For my J2, I found a nearly complete set of plans re-drawn from the original Fox Studio blueprints by a guy whose online nickname is "Starseeker" over at HobbyTalk. I don't know if they are still online but it's a start. There are a ton of reference images from the show online as well. Another good source of knowledge and images is the Lost in Space Forum on Proboards.

You can check out all the other J2 versions here by simply searching the threads. Some threads are old so it'll take you a few pages of listings to find them. Also take a look at my YouTube channel for more reference videos. (It's name is "Haselius00") And, if you have specific questions about dimensions, I can probably answer them!

I very much encourage you to continue on with this project. :) It's fun to see other modelers and their interpretations of the ship!
    Avian wrote: »
    Yes, you were using my plans for the 98-foot Jupiter 2 I designed for the web series. That size is just about the minimum diameter you can make the J2 and have it fit both upper and lower decks in. There is a thread on this very site all about the creation of that model.

If you want to use the 47-52 foot "original" size, you won't be able to do a lower deck. (Well...you could, but it would have to be squashed vertically). But you can still fit the entire upper deck as seen in the show inside that size of the ship. Our friend here, "Tralfaz" also did an excellent version on this site!

For my J2, I found a nearly complete set of plans re-drawn from the original Fox Studio blueprints by a guy whose online nickname is "Starseeker" over at HobbyTalk. I don't know if they are still online but it's a start. There are a ton of reference images from the show online as well. Another good source of knowledge and images is the Lost in Space Forum on Proboards.

You can check out all the other J2 versions here by simply searching the threads. Some threads are old so it'll take you a few pages of listings to find them. Also take a look at my YouTube channel for more reference videos. (It's name is "Haselius00") And, if you have specific questions about dimensions, I can probably answer them!

I very much encourage you to continue on with this project. :) It's fun to see other modelers and their interpretations of the ship!

Thank you...it does mean a lot to hear from an advanced modeler. I am still learning, and thank you also for the other areas for reference. For now, I am just going by my Model I put together with a change to scale...But I will check out the other reference location's if needed....again thank you. You did an Awesome job on the drawing of the J2...truly amazing.
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    Thank You, meshmaster! I know a lot of fans from - ahem - another sci-fi show from that era look down on Lost in Space. And there are many good reasons to do so when it comes to storytelling. But, for my money, Lost in Space had the very best art design when it came to the Robot, Chariot Space Pod and Jupiter 2. Nothing in the other series came close to the detailing or expense lavished upon Lost in Space, which was the most expensive TV series of the era. And even when it comes to the ridiculous papier mache heads of LIS aliens, I'll calmly point to a Gorn. ;)

Just keep going with it. I learned soooo many modeling skills creating the Jupiter 2, and it was just damn fun!
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    I don't know anything about Jupiter, but your work is outstanding
    SATR wrote: »
    I don't know anything about Jupiter, but your work is outstanding

Thank you, that does mean allot...but honestly this J2 is still looking like crap. I want this to look like the genuine J2, but I can't...might have to scrap this one.
    Welp...take 3..lol...I think I found the original plans of the J2...and after watching clips of the original show, looks like thes plans are accurate...
    112798.jpg
    112806.jpg
    Here is my new update...I have finished the Aux Control Station.
    112825.jpg
    112826.jpg
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Awesome! Love 60s buttons and knobs! Can you share your plans source?
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Starrigger wrote: »
    Awesome! Love 60s buttons and knobs! Can you share your plans source?

Np....
    112828.JPG
    112829.jpg
    OK, I have completed the Science Station....later I might add in a Microscope..maybe...
    112830.jpg
    112831.jpg
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    How are you going to deal with the Space Pod? I had always wondered whose bedroom it would have to pass through on it's way out.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Nice work
    rojren wrote: »
    How are you going to deal with the Space Pod? I had always wondered whose bedroom it would have to pass through on it's way out.

Actually, that will be on the top floor in a bay room / Machine Shop.
    The galley is finished...I did make it a bit different than the ordinal...thought I would do my own design.
    112835.jpg
    112836.jpg
    Ok, with Massive help from Avian, i did redo the Galley a little...the skins that show grain in the wall cylinder's will be added later.
    112846.jpg
    OK, the Lift is done...I made it a little different then the original one.
    112852.jpg
    112853.jpg
    Welp, I am almost done with the modeling part...if anyone can give me any tips on lighting, that would be great.

When I am done, Ill render it in B & W with an older style TV Frame, with some text of that era.
    112866.jpg
    112867.jpg
    112868.jpg
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is FANTASTIC!
    scifieric wrote: »
    This is FANTASTIC!

Thank you, that does mean allot...here is the online Portfolio that I am currently working on.
    https://meshmaster.artstation.com/
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    WOW! You've got some real talent.
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    WOW! You've got some real talent.

Im still learning..but thank you...it means allot.
    Welp, I think I am done with this big guy, as for the lower deck...I thought I would display the final shots in the way the show was aired.
    112894.jpg
    112895.jpg
    112896.jpg