Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek: Phase II - inspired artwork

2»

• NBTrekieNBTrekie331 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, but not in the script for Phase II. That script was written long before TNG and it shows a different klingon society. For further reference read this article: Kitumba at Memory Alpha
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Oooo, nice one eh, very. :)

deg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Doesn't look weird to me. Nice build.
  • Chris VickersChris Vickers0 Posts: 0Member
    I like what you've done with the one model that was (almost) lost to history! I've been attempting one myself, but have remodeled the windows on the saucer's rim to more match with the Motion Picture model, and haven't gotten to much other detailing as yet.

I had planned to use the model in some potential screenshots of a script series I'm working on but have always had trouble with the Klingon ships, and can't seem to get the Tholian ships quite right.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I've always love the Phase II Enterprise, and part of myself would have prefere that the series wasn't canceled in favor of a movie, but, who knows, maybe if the series had existed we wouldn't be here.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ColourbrandColourbrand0 Posts: 0Member
    That ship I never ever get tired of seeing - always a joy - better by lightyears than the Turkey drummer Enterprise
  • YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    Schweet ship. Doesn't look weird at all to me, i don't get what the big deal is... looks about like the TMP enterprise and looks no worse than any other variations of the enterprise I've seen.
  • Enterprise-EEnterprise-E0 Posts: 0Member
    NBTrekie wrote: »
    in my opinion it's the perfect inbetween of TOS and TMP.

Im sure it sounds as blasphemy for most trekkies out there, but since for me the 'default' Enterprise was always the TMP version, and not the TOS, and knowing that TOS looked like it did for budget reasons, i'd be inclined to say this could have been the original Enterprise, which was refitted into the TMP one.

Though, that would sort of impair the TMP Enterprise being considered 'Enterprise Class' like some of her loyalists do, because it wouldnt have been an all-new ship class then, but a more plausible refit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Cool ship. I like it!
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, dude. Can't beat an E rear 3/4, IMO. And some bug K-birdies to boot. Working on a like shot for 2010 SOTL myself using my mesh.

Again, nice work, eh. :)

EDIT: Seems I commented on this already. Well, doesn't hurt to say so again, eh. ;)

deg
    Nice, dude. Can't beat a E rear 3/4, IMO. And some bug K-birdies to boot. Working on a like shot for 2010 SOTL myself using my mesh.

I would so definatly kill for your new klingon d4^^
    Hm, I think I should get the old pII out of the dark regions that are my harddrive. I think it could use a new paintjob...
  • BERmaestroBERmaestro2 Posts: 0Member
    nice work, i think you can start doing new st film XD XD
    Some new stuff. I *might* work on new versions of both the ship and the drydock. If I can get my lazy ass to work in this heat...
    82968.jpg82969.jpg
    p2.jpg 338.4K
    p3.jpg 85.7K
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool screenshots, and good to see you're back working at this
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    You have a nice take on this era. Any plans to do the McQuarrie-prise from Planet of the Titans? Severus was doing some work on that and I would hope to see more done with that design as well.
    Thanks, but noooo thanks. ^^ That ships is too much Star Wars-ish for my taste. I think I'll stick with this one. *g*
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I'm kind of surprised looking over the comments on this thread about the "Phase II" Enterprise looking "weird." I don't think it looks strange at all, except for what I believe to be the odd placements of the secondary hull airlocks. The joining travelpod or other craft would have to dock at a fairly steep angle, which seems kind of strange to me. Other than that, I've always thought that this version was a streamlined and credible update from the TOS Enterprise.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Good to see you back at this. Excellent updates if I do say so myself.
  • tallguy3268tallguy32680 Posts: 0Member
    I know it's been a while, but any chance of releasing this mesh?
  • RedbellpeppersRedbellpeppers0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm actually liking this ship.

Nice pics.
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Very cool thread!
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    I'm extremely impressed with this work! I wish I had seen it earlier.