Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dulimann644's SGA stuff

Hi Community

This will be my first SG-1 / SGA mesh - a DAEDALUS-CLASS BC-304 Battlecruiser of the Tau?ri when it?s ready. This one is the P.L.A. SUN TZU and I create it for my new Fan-Fiction Project.

I?ll make some minor changes at the Details to the DAEDALUS but not too much.
bc-304-028abxid2.jpg

bc-304-028azoomfbdhm.jpg

bc-304-028bgrfom.jpg

bc-304-028bzoom2h2ijx.jpg

bc-304-028cg6c4q.jpg

bc-304-028e7nfsj.jpg

bc-304-028gysfx8.jpg
112622.jpg
Tagged:

• DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    I like what you have so far!:thumb:
  • Many thanx.

I?ve decided not to add gatling-gun-turrets at the SUN TZU. In my FF the ship has new Energie-Weapons based on different alien technology. So I?ve designed some other double-gun-turrets
    bc-304-030a38d03.jpg

bc-304-030azoom3e8epf.jpg

bc-304-030azoom3b9ffhh.jpg

bc-304-030azoom4eifcp.jpg
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Cool!:cool:
  • I?ve added some more details...
    bc-304-036aeoff6.jpg

With a higher resolution:

bc-304-036bigau8i8j.jpg
    bc-304-036bqad20.jpg

With a higher resolution:

bc-304-036bigbvdcio.jpg
  • I?ve worked more on the ship.
    bc-304-042aasdh6.jpg

bc-304-042bdie8l.jpg

bc-304-042chdd1d.jpg

bc-304-042d6dize.jpg

bc-304-042ezoom3obf21.jpg
  • The last W.I.P.?s - the mesh is ready now.
    suntzu005a1a5vc1i.jpg

suntzu005bbfdjf.jpg

suntzu005duhiu7.jpg

suntzu005hlcedw.jpg

suntzu005kcleas.jpg
  • The_meshmasterThe_meshmaster1 Posts: 0Member
    Wow...just wow...truly amazing...I have to ask. I am still a Novice with 3d art. I need to know, how do you add the hull detailing?...is it a plugin or you just add more primitives a such?
  • No plugins ;)
    I?ve made all this little and bigger plates doodads and thingadibobs by myself. (Work hard - work smart.)

For the hangar-plates I copied the hull-polygons, lay it on a separate layer and used the knife-tool to make cuts in it. After that I used the chamfer-tool to expand the cuttet lines and deleted the small polygons between the polygons for the plates. At last I used the bevel-tool and rounded the edges of the plates.
    ulimann644 wrote: »
    No plugins ;)
    I?ve made all this little and bigger plates doodads and thingadibobs by myself. (Work hard - work smart.)

For the hangar-plates I copied the hull-polygons, lay it on a separate layer and used the knife-tool to make cuts in it. After that I used the chamfer-tool to expand the cuttet lines and deleted the small polygons between the polygons for the plates. At last I used the bevel-tool and rounded the edges of the plates.

Well...truly amazing..I guess I am still an amature at this..hope I get as good as you bro.
  • Until now I thought, I?m the amateur... :o
    Until now I thought, I?m the amateur... :o

Trust me, you not...
  • Trust me, you not...

Many thanks. :)

Seriously: I?m really not a Profi in 3D. With some things in 3D I still have 2 - 7 problems, believe me. Actual I do, what I can do. But there are some things in 3D I still have (and want) to learn.
    I am wondering, what technique ru using for texturing?...
  • I am wondering, what technique ru using for texturing?...

First of all I?ve given all parts of the ship a unique material. That makes it very easy to give evry part of the ship an individual colors and surface-parameters.
    Later I used the cubic-mode for all materials with textures (the flags and signs are all carved into the hull and I used no textures for it).

Easier as to unwrap the mesh and use UVW-maps IMO.
    First of all I?ve given all parts of the ship a unique material. That makes it very easy to give evry part of the ship an individual colors and surface-parameters.
    Later I used the cubic-mode for all materials with textures (the flags and signs are all carved into the hull and I used no textures for it).

Easier as to unwrap the mesh and use UVW-maps IMO.

Whats the Cubic-Mode?..sorry if I sound like a nube..lol...
  • Whats the Cubic-Mode?..sorry if I sound like a nube..lol...

The program lays the texture around the object from six sides (like it was a cube).
    You can take a look at this side:

--> https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display/LW2018/Texture+Editor
    Oh, That's for Lightwave...I am using MAX...dont think its the same....but thank you.
  • Oh, That's for Lightwave...I am using MAX...dont think its the same....but thank you.

Yes it?s LW.
    I?ve made my first mesh with MAX. Different names for this kind of texturing but the same effect. ;)