Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DPen and ink ships since I can't model

• StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    The description was more of what popped into my head as I thought about how creepy the whole process could be. no particular scenario.

cool references - I agree that the look and feel of the judgement rooms should mirror the world they belong to. I think something in an art deco style might be cool too.

I have not put the transport tube "vines" on Eden's home ship yet, are you thinking an organic approach and how deeply should that carry over into the interiors? Does the big globe house multiple levels of green house or is it one big dome with maybe a massive structure in the middle ( either something like a tree, ala Avatar. Or some artificial hydroponics kind of thing) ?
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I liked the scene you painted!

Deco could be cool. I'm kind of torn because I feel like the judgement meters or whatever (I hope I don't get stuck calling them that) should be newer than the old court houses they're put into, but at the same time I like the idea of them being old and heavy and immobile, make you feel like you can't fight against it because It's been there forever. Not quite sure what to do about that.

Definitely thinking organic,for Eden's ship, the globe might be one big jungle but the jungle continues up and down and along the fins too... It's all eco, all glass, with the transport vines running within ind without. It's something pretty insane and probably iunfeasible to render. I figure we'd only hear about it or see a few matte paintings... It's also why we have the Black Sunflower, WAY easier to render, you just have that jungle in the dome and then all the underpassage levels.

I also have no idea what Eden's homeship is called... or what the humans rename it when they take it over.
    How about “Renderers” for the Judgement machines (As an Easter egg there is a label that reads “Renderman 3000” on it..)
    Not a bad idea... though it makes me imagine it rendering the flesh of those it finds guilty. Which kinda reminds me of the auto-judges from the first episode of LEXX.
    Oh my god, this randomly showed up on Twitter and was kind of close to what I was thinking of.
    DphpvznXoAA-V9A.jpg
    That is cool. What is it? Is it an art installation? Oh yeah Lexx..
    It just said "wall installation." No idea what it is... can see the CRT bulging out of the center, the pipes pumping like big arteries...

I'm trying to get into Lexx, digging the weird German expressionist style meets Monty Python meets Heavy Metal thing they have going on... though I kinda want to put my own twist on it as well. Amazed I haven't designed my own version of 790 yet. Also got a bit of a Stanley Tweedle impression I'm working on, which is par for the course because who the heck would recognize a Stanley Tweedle impression?
    edited June 2022 #489
    It needs more organic but I think it is heading in the right direction...

nu3qz5hnweor.jpg
    Post edited by Starrigger on
    Now that I see those veins on the outside, I dunno about them. And yeah, could be more organic but since I had a few more ideas for the design, this feels like maybe the humans trying to make their own version. I just got this flash of a heartbroken Eden seeing it wondering "what is this monstrosity?"

Now that I think about it, I think That's a big thing of what the humans in the IS-verse do. They steal, they copy, they appropriate parts from other cultures and when they're happy with the new version, discard the originals.

And I didn't even notice until this one that you even included the little ("little") bit on the top fin. Nice touch!
    Had a lot of thoughts regarding Lorelei and all the other androids in the IS-erse, if they're manufactured or if they're just another alien species. But it inspired this little idea for a commercial.

It's not like Blade Runner 20149 with a giant Joi hologram staring down at the world, It's ore like an innocuous ad that comes on a TV. And the audio sounds like a luxury car commercial but the visual seems more like a lifestyle commercial or a drug commercial or something ("now you can exercise" etc). Definitely picturing Lorelei and the other androids being shown putting the kids in the car, preparing to go for a run, etc...

I think the audio turned out great, had to share it. Which took a bit more converting than I thought.
    Thinking about Eden's Homehsip and my desire to amp up the design, I was reminded that there's a somewhat similar ship in Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets.... and while It's different enough, and certainly doesn't have that botanical feel to it, it has that sphere and fin thing going on...
    tumblr_pgqdtwmFFo1u9hwe3o1_r1_1280.jpg

In this case, I think the sphere is the front and the fins are the back, while Eden's ship is the other way around... I think I do want to change the engine, give it pods or something That's not directly connected to the main habitat., that way there's no radiation concerns, they can eject if they're damaged, etc...
    edited June 2022 #493
    Maybe something like this then?

afpj1c2jc9wa.jpg
    Post edited by Starrigger on
    Whoa!

I think we'll keep the fins shorter and unforked like the original sketch (otherwise too many shadows blocks out the light), but holy cow this looks good! The ending pods on the back I'd like a better look at, I think you got it. And the colours are VERY interesting, very Chris Foss, which I wasn't expecting. Almost reminds me of an ant colony, very dense...

Oh! Okay, I think I know what this is! I have a species that lives in asteroids, I think I put a sketch of them here a while ago, they kinda look like Cardassians, I could see in the far future (if there were a time travel story or something) this being one of their colony ships after a century or two of peace with the liberated Eden-folk. A shared technology, rather than it just being stolen like the humans did. Eden's homeship would still be glass (since It's a giant botanical garden, lots of open air) but this looks like it could last a good long time. And you could dock ships in the forks, too!

You've got me thinking of what the future of the IS-verse would be. Hadn't really thought about it too much after "the fascist human empire is taken down, then the weird post-war period after that Sprinter takes place in). This feels like when we see the 26th Century in Star Trek. Amazing!
    Okay, I went through my clipboard and cleared out... almost all of it, with some drawings from almost a year ago. This is one of them, the three Iron Star leads.

behind_bars_by_neumatic-dcpsq6u.jpg
    Just had a thought about the arms.. maybe they are like flower petals and they can open and close?
    That's an interesting idea! I was actually thinking something like that for the engines, to increase/decrease speed and all that. The arms I think are probably best to keep solid since they still hold so much jungle.
    tumblr_ph0n0dMIWQ1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

Playing with a scorpion robot.
    Sime concrete sitting rooms from various movies... vague inspiration for something in the Iron Star. What that is, can't say yet.

tumblr_ph2w4rFnbi1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg
    Kept seeing Zaxie Beets' face around b/c of Deadpool 2, started playing with the idea of her as a bronze/gold robot... and then I had the idea of giving her a techno-Egyptian look. I need to experiment more with this, but I like it.

zazie_as_a_bronze_babe_01_by_neumatic-dcq75fh.jpg
    Rough ideas for an early version of the controller ship. I don't have anything definitive yet, but I like the general direction, it feels more like a piece of industrial machinery or something, before the later revisions which became popular with civilians.

tumblr_ph7ydmBoUJ1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

I was kind of inspired by Solo, I'm not nuts about the movie but I liked how there was one part that felt like World War I, and it felt like they were still figuring out space travel despite the fact they had it forever. That's where my head was with this.
    Just found this on Tumblr... I can see this being the civilian airport section of the Iron Star, where civilians arrive at when they come to visit prisoners.

tumblr_p8gza6H8BB1qbb1fro1_1280.jpg

edit: Oh my gosh, look at these! The Iron Star doesn't have a courtyard, but I can so imagine Keeley or Page waiting on one of these.

tumblr_oizzq0IAXH1s62ndno1_1280.jpg
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    You two ought to team up officially. :)
    tumblr_phkqxuHIiU1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_phkqyvFrEL1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_phkr1naCJ91u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_phkr367YOh1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_phkr42AF0W1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg
    More art!

tumblr_phuyvdIpse1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

Concept for a holo-pit, sit down and watch a hologram. Inspired by Hyperion as well as the basic layout of Douglas Trumbull's Magi cinema pod.

tumblr_phuywcWemE1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

Elements for a dropship... I couldn't picture the whole thing in my head, so it feels like I'll have to kitbash something onto this. The bottom image looks like the rear bumper to me, so I don't know what we'll see out front.

tumblr_phuz0d4hce1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

Doodles for a futuristic wooden boat.
    How have I not posted these yet? Doodles inspired by Martin Silenas' farcaster house in Hyperion. One room on each planet, what a brilliant idea! Real estate would be so much cheaper, you get your choice of views all throughout the house... of course, each room gets to be big and grand in its' own way.

tumblr_pidd3xt35A1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pidd3xt35A1u9hwe3o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pidd3xt35A1u9hwe3o3_1280.jpg
    Wow, it's been a while since I posted. Drew a bunch, but didn't scan/finish ("finish") many of them until now.
    tumblr_pkulx1oiaO1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    tumblr_plihevAebT1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_plih5pJogW1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

Just some stuff.
    Love the buildings... And "Retro Robot" is pretty cool too.
    Thanks! I was trying to think of a cyber-organic cityscape in the Beast Machines meets Tron Legacy vein.

Retro Robot I like too, though I'd like to come up with something better for his legs.

And of course, I've been doing faces as well. While I don't have her armour mode down, here's one of my android characters in her civilian mode.
    tumblr_pligi3fb331u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg