Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAlternate The Voyage Home Enterprise-A

Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
While it was nice to see something familiar as a "homecoming" at the end of The Voyage Home when we got presented with the Refit Enterprise studio model with a letter A slapped on, I always felt it would have been better if they had designed an all-new ship to be the Enterprise A. So this is what I've come up with. The design goal was to come up with a hybrid of Refit Enterprise and Excelsior characteristics. So I've tried to make the proportions of everything halfway between the ships. I've also taken some inspiration from the Star Trek Beyond Enterprise-A, minus that ship's gargantuan size - mine works out to a more conservative and timeline-appropriate 381m, or 1250 feet. Again, this is exactly halfway between the Refit's 1000 foot length and the Excelsior's 1500 feet.
112509.jpg
Tagged:

• FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    Hell, yes! I like this project!
    Could you experiment with alternate configurations (even more modern nacelles or impulse engines)?
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Not bad, I like it.
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    This would make a great Kelvinverse Enterprise-A refit (should the A seen in Beyond last that long) circa 2270's and beyond!
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    The concept looks pretty nice!
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Interesting blend of designs, I like it!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    very nice.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    Update... 1.jpg2.jpg
    112355.jpg112356.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, the Ent-A was basically just the Yorktown renamed.So yeah, it really just is a refit Constitution, nothing else..... They couldn't have built an entirely new class in such a short amount of time.
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Well, the Ent-A was basically just the Yorktown renamed.So yeah, it really just is a refit Constitution, nothing else..... They couldn't have built an entirely new class in such a short amount of time.

True, but it would make a good Enterprise-A that was refit down the line (perhaps during the 2270's) in the Kelvin-verse!
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    True, but it would make a good Enterprise-A that was refit down the line (perhaps during the 2270's) in the Kelvin-verse!

No it wouldn't work as a refit of that ship at all, as my concept is using a prime-universe scale, not the more than doubled size the Enterprise was depicted at in the new movies.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    FANGs wrote: »
    Hell, yes! I like this project!
    Could you experiment with alternate configurations (even more modern nacelles or impulse engines)?

Agreed.

I kinda like my modded refit--in the second image here:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?81291-Bashes-modifications-and-more&highlight=

You know, We don't see enough diversity in secondary hulls. Teardrop shaped blisters on the secondary hull--where torp tubes might be Grey Lady style might be in order.
    Modelling almost all done (exterior at least)

All windows will have fully-modelled (but low poly) interiors except some of the larger rooms with big windows, and the shuttlebay, which will be more detailed.
    112497.jpg112498.jpg112499.jpg
    looks great, nice !
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I really like how this is turning out! :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    busy sorting out the lighting scheme for the ship...
    112509.jpg112510.jpg112511.jpg
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Pretty good design.
    You keep working on her? :) :thumb:
  • WideFootWideFoot83 Posts: 81Member
    This is absolutely beautiful! I really like the whole design. I think your nacelles seem pudgy in comparison to the rest of it, but I'm guessing that's part of the work in progress. But your style mixing is excellent.