Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSOTL 2019 - The Network Grows

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9709 Posts: 5,302Member
Maybe a bit late as it is only a few months away and the pre-orders have been up for a months now.
sotl-2019-teaser1080web.jpg

sotl-2019-sample1080web.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Ships-Line-Calendar/dp/0789335298/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1530498523&sr=1-12&keywords=ships+of+the+line+2018
112481.jpg
Each day we draw closer to the end.
lennier1Lizzy777Zhor2395
Tagged:

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    That's beautiful!
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser363 Posts: 44Member
    I particularly love the oddball view point (kinda upside-down/sideways)!
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Your work is very nice !:)
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing!
  • experimationexperimation331 Posts: 21Member
    Always great to see your artwork in the SOTL calendars!
  • AhkileezAhkileez341 Posts: 30Member
    edited April 2019 #7
    OMG, that is absolutely gorgeous. The old lady certainly flaunts her curves.

p.s. Sorry if this counts as a zombie post. I've been away from the site for a long time.

But this was too gorgeous not to applaud.
    Post edited by Ahkileez on
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    How did this occur? Did the Calendar people contact you, or did you submit it somewhere?
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9709 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited May 2019 #9
    I particularly love the oddball view point (kinda upside-down/sideways)!

Always looking at this exp with the SOTL images as I want to make something that can be viewed any way. Most of my comps for it since 2014? or so are composed to work vertically or horizontally.
    Ahkileez wrote: »
    OMG, that is absolutely gorgeous. The old lady certainly flaunts her curves.

p.s. Sorry if this counts as a zombie post. I've been away from the site for a long time.

But this was too gorgeous not to applaud.

Thanks, Heh not so old lady as this is a rebuild of the old mesh but yeah the ship name itself and the old build is quite old now. I think the first build predates the old 2006 SFM crash. lol

How did this occur? Did the Calendar people contact you, or did you submit it somewhere?

Guess it is by invite, I get an email asking if I will participate for the given years calendar. There was a public call for artists back in 2011 or so that is when I got my contact info out there for it.

Post edited by MadKoiFish on
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    edited May 2019 #10
    MadKoiFish wrote:

Guess it is by invite, I get an email asking if I will participate for the given years calendar. There was a public call for artists back in 2011 or so that is when I got my contact info out there for it.

If I remember correctly Simon & Schuster was thinking of Cancelling the STOL Calendar back then. Doug Drexler was overseeing it at the time. (not sure if he still is.) He wanted some fresh blood from the fan community to have their work put into it and give it a new lease of life.
    At the time I was in contact with Doug to do an interview with him for the this site as I was a Member of the writers staff, doing Article and news peace's. Doug asked me if I knew anyone that would be will to do the STOL, so I asked a few people if they where interested. Those that where, I passed on Doug contact details to them. A lot where not accepted for that years STOL but they got the chance to contribute to the following years. One of them even went on to work with Doug at the FX house he was working at the time.

Post edited by Freak on
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9709 Posts: 5,302Member
    heh yeah, mr. bannana man. DEG I think was his handle on the forums. Bloody heck that is like 8 or 9 yrs ago now.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Yeah that him, I just popped over to his website to see if it been updated.
    But it has not changed since he went to work for that FX house. I know he done some work on the Orville and some other big shows, he always on FF post about stuff he worked on.