Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLearning Blender

ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
edited November 2017 in Work in Progress #1
What I got after following one of the many many tutorials on YouTube:
112005.jpg
Post edited by ST-One on
merritt258
Tagged:

• Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looks great.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Whoa, looking very good!

While you're looking at tutorials, I'd recommend you search for some on post processing on Blender, it'll really give your image that finishing touch of realism. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    One step at a time ... :)
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    Looks great. I am too lazy to go through tutorials to learn environment modeling.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Very nice. That's some great looking terrain. I'm going to have to learn how to do that. :)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    That looks awesome!
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    Great work.
    I'm looking towards getting started in Blender as well.
    Coming from 3d Studio Max here and the last time I tried using Blender, I was... confused with the user interface.
    Oh, yes, the Blender user interface is nightmare for me too coming from Lightwave.

Worked a little on that scene:
    112009.jpg
    merritt258
    Very nice. That's some great looking terrain. I'm going to have to learn how to do that. :)

This is the tutorial I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSafYNQrodk
    Nice work, it looks stormy now.
    ST-One wrote: »
    Oh, yes, the Blender user interface is nightmare for me too coming from Lightwave.

That's for sure. Though, I don't think Blender's interface would be comfortable to anyone coming from any software. It's very unique.

Thanks a lot. :)
  • ST-One wrote: »

I really know what you mean. :D
    BTW: Very cool pics. A few months ago IA’ve made my first landscapes with LW 11.5

Many thanx for the link. Maybe itA’s a chance for me, to learn how to create some nice pics with Blender. :)
    ulimann644 wrote: »
    I really know what you mean. :D
    BTW: Very cool pics. A few months ago IA’ve made my first landscapes with LW 11.5

Many thanx for the link. Maybe itA’s a chance for me, to learn how to create some nice pics with Blender. :)

You really should try. :)
    an obligatory space scene...

USS Shenzhou by Chris Kuhn (https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/89612)
    112037.jpg
    playing around with the lighting...
    112040.jpg
    That's some nice work. With the blur, they look like animation stills. Lighting is definitely an important thing to work on, it will help add realism to your renders.
  • ST-One wrote: »
    You really should try. :)

IA’ve done it and the first results (after going into combat with the editor) looks pretty cool. :)
    Unfortunately I have not much time in November/December but next year IA’ll start some landscape-projects with blender. :)

BTW: The space-scenes looks very good. IA’m not a fan of Disco but the mesh looks fantastic. :)
    So, now I'm trying to apply this Blender mountain-tutorial to Lightwave to see what I can do with that there.
    112240.jpg112241.jpg
    Still not great looking, but I'm quite satisfied with how this turned out and works in Lightwave. it's quite interesting how you can dynamically adapt the amount of polygons in the mesh with texture layers; everywhere where the "snow"-material "falls" onto the mesh the adaptive subpatching is reduced or turned off.
    112243.jpg