Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek Discovery

1235»

• Amon RaAmon Ra0 Posts: 0Member
    Samurai wrote: »
    I've done some tidying up. So far, I've kept the tidying up to posts, but have no problem tidying membership up if needs be.

@Amon Ra: Your opinions are your own, and you're welcome to them. But they are just that- opinions. Keep stating your preferences as fact for the rest of us to accept and you'll be looking for a new forum. Understood?

I 'understand' perfectly - but no, let's keep the open exchange of thought and opinion under control. I get it.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Amon Ra wrote:
    I 'understand' perfectly - but no, let's keep the open exchange of thought and opinion under control. I get it.

Excellent. When you're able to express your thoughts without offending literally everyone nearby you'll be welcome to express those thoughts. We're an open minded group of people from all over the world and all walks of life. If you want to participate, then that's the price of entry.

Now, did someone say this was on Netflix...?
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    The UK gets it on netflix. You also get HDR and 6.0 audio.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Administrative note: Amon Ra will no longer be participating in this conversation, or any others here.

Thanks for the info MKF. :thumb:
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Banned after 7 posts? Is that a record for a non-spammer?
    rojren wrote: »
    Banned after 7 posts? Is that a record for a non-spammer?

Nah- I've known people a lot more offensive than that, lol. A cursory search revealed that he/she behaves like that everywhere, then picks fights with hosts who take exception or disagree. Classic keyboard warrior.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Well, we definitely don't need one of those.

Back on topic. I was less than impressed with the third episode/first production episode of Discovery. I found much of the dialog to be stupid and most of the newly introduced characters unlikable. Plus, the plot holes and the dark lighting to try and intensify dread weren't to my liking either. And, much more of the anachronistic tech continues to showcase that this clearly isn't a show from the "Prime Universe" of Star Trek. If the show doesn't get better in an episode or two, I'll stop watching.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Did that guy work for CBS??

I really wanted to like STD.... i went in trying to push away all my preconceptions.. after all sgu turned out to be my favorite star gate show by the end..

i don't think I've gone 5 minutes yet without pausing STD to ask my wife what the hell have they done??? I watched episodes 1 and 2 and thought OK I hate this, but i need to give it a chance... most pilots are clunky.. Now we're actually on discovery it might get moving... but again a couple of minutes into episode 3 and pause.. wtf is this.. i think it was supposed to be a scene full of drama and suspense but it was just laughable.. then they get to discovery and how they are spoken to by the security officer is again laughable... obviously the writer thought that they were writing a scene for orange is the new black.. next scene pause.. ok why are the prisoners eating in the mess hall with all the starfleet officers and not in the bring?? OK mark stop nit picking and just watch it.. pause.. were they seriously going to start a fight with her in the middle of the mess hall with the crew of the discovery around them??? that's not even 10 minutes into the episode.. The next 40 minutes were pretty much the same.

now i don't want to be one of those whiny trekkies that cbs seems to disdain but want the money from.. But so far this series is a joke.. They seem to think that if we make everyone an Ahole and shove a few pointless action beats into the episode it will create some good drama.. cover it up with awesome vfx and add keep hammering the recognisable sound effects and nobody will notice..

when we watched the expanse last year i said ds9 was too early, imagine if we had a startrek series like this..

so far in my opinion they have had a huge swing, and missed..

i'll probably check out the Series in a few months but i'm not going to be running home every Monday to watch the next episode.. such a shame..

Ok rant over..