Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Photobucket Charging for Hosting

oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
edited July 2017 in General Discussion #1
Apparently Photobucket is now charging for hosting your pictures on third party sites ($40 per month or 400 per year), so you may see an image now like this:
asdasdad.png.
If you encounter this just switch to a different upload site. I don't think this policy will be reversed any time soon.
111759.png
Post edited by oldmangreg on
Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yep, they've gone money mad. It won't be undone anytime soon, and they're probably going to spell their own doom wanting people to pay those kind of fees for posting images on other sites. But, that's their deal. I have my own thing for posting images, but I've heard Imgur is a nice alternative to Photobucket. And, there's always Dropbox, which is just a storage site, so you can link to anything there.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9714 Posts: 5,302Member
    I have long since blocked photobucket as I hated the view mBs worth of junk to see a 100k image and having to continue to click through to see the full sized image, if that was even available in the first place.

I suggest imgur for quick uploading but PLEASE learn how to direct link vs linking to the wrapped php. Usually they offer a direct url when you upload as one of the many options.

Best is to use something like Wordpress as you have some control over how you display the image in your thread and can manage your uploads. I think blogger is another option as well.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I just use postimage.com. The images may not last literally forever, but they'll be up long enough for anyone who wants to to save/download them.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    I use DeviantArt. Yet to have any problems with them.