Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDiving into Blender

ora tzoora tzo68 Posts: 17Member
edited January 2018 in Work in Progress #1
First time diving into regular 3D modelling from a CAD background, and boy its weird dealing with this topology.

Had an idea for a ship with a repair arm and also was thinking of how I could compact the Millenium Falcon down and possibly push some Corellian design aesthetics in a different direction.
Just about all of the forms are blocked out ready for more detailing however i'm probably going to play around with the engine, adjust the hull to make it slanted from one corner, as well as possibly pulling back one side for asymmetry.
Also i'm a bit unsure of the dimensions, the cockpit is supposed to be for one man and as a whole the ship looks a bit long.

tcEzI2Q.png

VN8agIc.png
Post edited by ora tzo on
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Always nice to see more Blender users :)

You have a good start there, keep experimenting! :thumb:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Welcome to the forum. :)

Nice start indeed. I like what you're doing here with the shapes. Keep experimenting with Blender, it's great software and worth the time to learn, in my opinion.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Good start. It's an interesting design for sure. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
  • ora tzoora tzo68 Posts: 17Member
    Starting to get better at blocking out ideas, but still figuring out going into higher poly territory.
    Heres just a block out of an idea to merge some NASA space shuttle aesthetics and bring the NX more into line with TOS.

NasaNX1.png
    111816.png
  • ora tzoora tzo68 Posts: 17Member
    Just some more mucking around in 3D.

A science ship, or perhaps transport, slightly inspired by the Oberth.

u1qUcEG.png

Tackling something a bit more complex than I usually tackle. Phase II Nacelles.

IGMtH9U.png
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I like that smaller ship, and nice work on the nacelle! You're definitely getting the hang of it. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio