Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I'm do like the beige/wood bridges, but I actually prefer the 'colder' looking light grey. Even in TNG when we got the grey Conn/Ops in Parallels I thought it looked far better than the beige ones of the regular bridge. What I usually don't like are the super colorful carpets, I feel that they look a bit out of place; that's why I usually use muted colors for them (except on the Anchorage because I was going for the exact TNG pallet there).

I've made some more progress on the general structure, and got the horseshoe almost done.
    c1_02_by_rekkert-dbceful.png

I've also worked on redoing my Conn/Ops consoles to be more accurate, as the previous version wasn't accurate at all. Here they are side by side (the new one is of course the one with no LCARS):
    c5_01_by_rekkert-dbcemtg.png
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    VERY nice! I think I do love that beige color in the first pic... for now, just go with that. :D
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice start on the bridge and great job on the Conn/Ops consoles.
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Even in TNG when we got the grey Conn/Ops in Parallels I thought it looked far better than the beige ones of the regular bridge.

Whoa! I never noticed that before!
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I'm do like the beige/wood bridges, but I actually prefer the 'colder' looking light grey. Even in TNG when we got the grey Conn/Ops in Parallels I thought it looked far better than the beige ones of the regular bridge. What I usually don't like are the super colorful carpets, I feel that they look a bit out of place; that's why I usually use muted colors for them (except on the Anchorage because I was going for the exact TNG pallet there).

Agreed on the carpets - they always seemed unnecessarily frivolous to me.
    I've made some more progress on the general structure, and got the horseshoe almost done.

It's looking sharp! Will you be doing anything unique with the support column like we often saw done on TNG?
    I've also worked on redoing my Conn/Ops consoles to be more accurate, as the previous version wasn't accurate at all.

If it's any "console-ation" I hadn't detected any problems with them at all... :lol: :D
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    wow. that is beautiful
    Any new updates? :D
    @BolianAdmiral: Not visible haha, I've been working on getting several screenshots lined up and making sure the measurements are 100% correct before adding more details to the walls. It would be a shame if I did all them and then found out that they were inaccurate. Everything looks good, so I might have a more substantial update later today, at most by tomorrow.

@Starscream: Oh yes, the support column will have some details from the 'Parallels' bridge, but it won't be identical, and we might change some things depending on BolianAdmiral's input.

As for the old consoles, yeah they were pretty good for doing other bridges, it's not as if they had some polygon problems or anything, but if I was ever going to do a canon bridge design (or one closely based on one) I would have had to do them again to make them as accurate as I can. Same thing with the chairs. For the Nomad bridge for example they're identical to the Enterprise-B chairs, but for my TNG designs I took some liberties, so now I'll have to redo them.
    Well, I had to make some modifications, but mostly only on the horseshoe luckily. I've finished the front end of the walls, added the small insets above the archways, and started modeling the side panels.

c1_04_by_rekkert-dbcv2dv.png
    c5_02_by_rekkert-dbcv2cs.png
    Very nice!
    I've been working on the side walls today. The circuitry access panels are done (they're the Future Imperfect version), as well as an original part for this bridge: the isolinear chip racks replacing the replicators. I've added some wood textures and gave a first pass at UV mapping the horseshoe, which is a pain given its shape.

c2_02_by_rekkert-dbd03ga.png
    I've been working on the side walls today. The circuitry access panels are done (they're the Future Imperfect version), as well as an original part for this bridge: the isolinear chip racks replacing the replicators. I've added some wood textures and gave a first pass at UV mapping the horseshoe, which is a pain given its shape.

c2_02_by_rekkert-dbd03ga.png

Solid modelling! I love the Yesterday's Enterprise/Future Imperfect/Parallels panels, and I definitely like the idea of more isolinear access bays, though the wood veneer looks a bit much at this stage (possibly because there's not much to distract from it yet!)

That said, have you considered having it the same metal texture as I think you mentioned the Conn/Ops consoles would be - and also, the tactical column? Might look neat to unify the "tech parts"...

On sort of related note: I have to wonder why in-universe they bothered with an observation lounge behind the bridge - all you get is a view of the pod... :rolleyes: :lol:
    The bridge is looking good so far. :)
    Starscream wrote: »
    On sort of related note: I have to wonder why in-universe they bothered with an observation lounge behind the bridge - all you get is a view of the pod... :rolleyes: :lol:

Don't ask logical questions. I suppose next you're going to wonder why the Nebula class has windows that look directly at other parts of the ship or escape pod hatches under the pod and over the nacelles. :p
    I suppose next you're going to wonder why the Nebula class has windows that look directly at other parts of the ship or escape pod hatches under the pod and over the nacelles. :p

Now that you mention it... :devil:
    Thanks guys!

The wood texture for the racks was specified by BolianAdmiral. I do like how it looks, but like we both said earlier, colors and materials could change later when the bridge is more complete. As for the Conn/Ops consoles, they'll be beige as they are now, I was just stating how they were in Parallels, sorry if I wasn't clear there.

Regarding the Nebula, yeah forget the observation lounge, what about a shuttlebay that requires evasive maneuvers in order to launch anything, with the pod right it the middle of the flight path. :lol:
    Sweet update! Everything looks great so far!

@Starscream; I'm going to stay away from metal textures/elements on this bridge. The idea is to evoke the same level of basic "luxury" that the Galaxy-Class has, but with an emphasis more on practicality/functionality, hence the lack of things like coffee dispensers, lol. I wanted more exposed isolinear access to give the feeling that (mostly due to the swappable equipment pods) this ship is more "hands-on" when it comes to adjusting/calibrating/modifying sensor/computer systems, due to the changing mission requirements of whatever pod the ship may be equipped with at the time.

Also, regarding the view from the conference lounge... well, again, it depends on the equipment pod installed at the time. If you have a proto-Nebula, like the Melbourne, you would have a pretty open and clear view of space. If you have the sensor pod, like on the Phoenix, you would see the twin support pylons on either side of you. It's only if you have the weapons pod seen on the Sutherland and later Nebulas, that your view would be obstructed, and would also require some delicate flying by any shuttle/runabout pilots entering or leaving the main shuttlebay.
    Regarding the Nebula, yeah forget the observation lounge, what about a shuttlebay that requires evasive maneuvers in order to launch anything, with the pod right it the middle of the flight path. :lol:

It's one of those examples of a kitbash style design that looks cool, but isn't necessarily the most well thought out ship. There is something that looks like a massive shuttlebay at the back of the secondary hull, (also a cleverly disguised wiring access point) so maybe the saucer one is just for evacuations.
    It's one of those examples of a kitbash style design that looks cool, but isn't necessarily the most well thought out ship. There is something that looks like a massive shuttlebay at the back of the secondary hull, (also a cleverly disguised wiring access point) so maybe the saucer one is just for evacuations.

Indeed, it could actually be the "secondary" bay used in the instance of saucer separation (I have to assume it's capable of this, bearing in mind the massive similarities to the Galaxy-class - though I suspect it's more of an emergency system rather than for regular use)

If not, then maybe it's actually clearly split into two (Port/Starboard) halves inside and we just can't see it with the door down...
    I've finally done the main ceiling structure (before the white lights were just a plane some meters above the walls). The small struts are still to be done, but most of the work is done there.

I've revisited the isolinear racks on the side as well, per BolianAdmiral's request. They're now a bit smaller, and they don't touch the ground nor the top of the wall.

Also, I definitively have to change that wood texture on the horseshoe. :lol:

c5_04_by_rekkert-dbd2m3q.png
    The ceiling and wall racks look good. I think I'd go nuts trying to unwrap that horseshoe and get a realistic looking wood grain on it, given the shape.
    Oh, man, that is beautiful! :D
    I thought I wouldn't but I've managed to finish the ceiling today.

c1_07_by_rekkert-dbd3kru.png
    c5_05_by_rekkert-dbd3ksr.png
    :o :o :o

NICE! That looks awesome!
    Damn that was fast! Those isolinear bays look much improved. :)

You know seeing the bridge like this, clean and uncluttered, reminds me of the whole design intent of TNG - everything was supposed to suggest "technology unchained", with emphasis on form over function.

Unfortunately most design work after those early seasons somehow seemed to regress as time went by. :(
    I'm glad you like it!

I've worked on the chairs today. They're the hardest parts to model in my view. I need a drink now...

c5_06_by_rekkert-dbdcohw.png
    Nice work! Yeah, I can imagine those are a bear to model...
  • Nell 3DNell 3D375 Posts: 125Member
    You have a lot of advanced work, it looks great. Maybe you answered this question, but I overlooked. What software are you using
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! :)

@Nell 3D: Thank you, I use Blender for all my 3D work, and Inkscape for all the graphics.

I think I'm done with the central command area. The chairs were further modified and I've added their support arms.

I've also added the small command consoles at either side. They're the first season 1 version, so there are no additional seats there for pesky acting ensigns to sit on. :D

c5_08_by_rekkert-dbdkgfy.png

c2_04_by_rekkert-dbdkggr.png
    Damn... those chairs look perfect!
    I'm glad you like them!

I've worked on the central tactical console today (it's the Parallels version). Now I have to finish the UV mapping of that damn horseshoe...

c5_10_by_rekkert-dbdngl8.png

c5_09_by_rekkert-dbdngiy.png