Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DSTAR TREK Daedalus Class Deckplans

2»

• adambuttadambutt23 Posts: 17Member
    Beautiful work!!! I love your attention to detail. It is very reminiscent of the 1701-D Blueprints by Rick Sternbach and Michael Okuda. As a CAD drafter and engineer, I have a fondness for floor plans and section views, and the Daedalus Class is a personal favorite. I'll have to go over your work tonight in detail. If I may ask, what software are you using for this?

Also, by what method does the crew move torpedoes from the armory to the launchers? The orientation of the forward storage rack of torpedoes would require the crew/crane/palet mover to rotate them 180 degrees to be fed into the magazine. If I'm nit-picking, just let me know. I don't know what level of detail you are concerned about. But, if I may make a suggestion, perhaps the room adjacent to the forward armory on the port side could be a torpedo maintenance room. On occasion, Star Trek crews have needed to modify torpedoes for special purposes, and that might be a good place to fit one in.

Again, let me know if I'm overstepping. Excellent work!
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    adambutt wrote: »
    Beautiful work!!! I love your attention to detail. It is very reminiscent of the 1701-D Blueprints by Rick Sternbach and Michael Okuda. As a CAD drafter and engineer, I have a fondness for floor plans and section views, and the Daedalus Class is a personal favorite. I'll have to go over your work tonight in detail. If I may ask, what software are you using for this?

Also, by what method does the crew move torpedoes from the armory to the launchers? The orientation of the forward storage rack of torpedoes would require the crew/crane/palet mover to rotate them 180 degrees to be fed into the magazine. If I'm nit-picking, just let me know. I don't know what level of detail you are concerned about. But, if I may make a suggestion, perhaps the room adjacent to the forward armory on the port side could be a torpedo maintenance room. On occasion, Star Trek crews have needed to modify torpedoes for special purposes, and that might be a good place to fit one in.

Again, let me know if I'm overstepping. Excellent work!

Hi, thanks for your comment and critique!

Sorry its taken me so long to replay, I have been sick and not been near my computer in over a week.

Im using Autocad 2015 to draw these.

The torpedoes are moved on movable racks, and yes I see what you mean about the need to rotate the racks, so I think ill rotate them all.

The outer room on the port side with two torpedoes just sitting there is going to be my "weapon testing and analysis, but I also like what your saying about the small room immediately adjacent.

I like the in-depth ideas and suggestions and welcome them.

Thanks all.
  • OtterTaskForceOtterTaskForce1 Posts: 1New Member
    I just came across this thread and I've gotta say, these deck plans look phenomenal. As I see the last post here is five years old, I'm wondering if the plans have been completed yet. I would love to see anything new you have. Thanks Admiral.
    publiusr