Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
edited December 2023 in Work in Progress #1
tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1702453831

Long time no see! I've been away from modeling for a while in order to get into Blender (well, Linux as a whole, and Blender).

Now that I'm at least competent in its use, I wanted to share what I've been working on.

My first full mesh was this, the bridge of the USS Patagonia, an Excelsior Class inspired by the bridges of Star Trek V and VI:

uss_patagonia_bridge_cutaway_by_rekkert-daudbj4.png

uss_patagonia_bridge__3_by_rekkert-darnyjb.png

uss_patagonia_bridge_red_alert__2_by_rekkert-daxt0gy.png

You can see a lot more images at my Art Station page.

After finishing that bridge, I started experimenting into what later become a full commission for a deviantART user, modifying the bridge to make it closer to the Enterprise-B design, while keeping the overall shape. This is still a WIP, as the new consoles need new textures, and there's still some modifications to be done to the mesh, including new chairs:

c1_04_by_rekkert-db1f8a6.png

My other WIP is a completely new bridge, for the starship USS Galatea. It's based on the Enterprise-C and the USS Sutherland, for a small mid-24th century ship. It's almost completely finished, except for the textures:

c1_09_by_rekkert-dayz5v4.png

c2_07_by_rekkert-dayz5t0.png

As these are my first meshes with Blender, and I'm still learning how to render properly, I'm more than open to critiques!
Post edited by Rekkert on
For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
gmd3dmikalaJES

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's some great stuff. I like your helm console for your personal Excelsior class. I also like the Enterprise-B version. The TNG-era bridge is also nice, it goes nicely with the TNG "we can do as much with less stations/people" aesthetic. It has a nice utility ship look to it.

By the way, which Linux distribution do you use?
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    I love the USS Patagonia bridge. Great stuff.
  • Nell 3DNell 3D375 Posts: 125Member
    The result is magnificent. Especially for not doing the most protagonist of the series or movies, I really like the designs that were little seen
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @evil_genius_180: Thank you! I wasn't too sure about that helm console, the front looked a bit too empty sometimes, I'm glad you like it. I'm a Ubunty guy (14.04 and 16.04 Mate in different systems), nothing fancy ;). My main desktop PC is still running Windows 10 because I had some problems getting my UEFI Motherboard to run Linux, I've tried everything and got no results.

@PixelMagic: Thank you!

@Nell 3D: Gracias! ;)

I've made some more progress on the Nomad (aka Enterprise-B like) bridge, adding some markings above the stations, some lights below the railing, and started with the texturing of the new Helm/Nav consoles.

c2_03_by_rekkert-db1q3f7.png
    JES
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    God, I love this! I feel like I'm a kid again seeing these!
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Beautiful images. Wish i could have my bridge look like that
    Thank you both!

Here's some further progress on the Nomad. The station chairs are finally done! They aren't perfect, but I'm pretty happy with them.
    I've also added further details around the viewscreen; and changed the materials for the floor a bit, making the metal darker and adding a fabric material for the lower level.

c5_02_by_rekkert-db1vhpx.png

c4_01_by_rekkert-db1vhru.png
    JES
    Modeling of the Captain's chair is done.

c6_01_by_rekkert-db1ygwp.png

c7_01_by_rekkert-db1yguc.png
    JES
    Well, I've finished the Nomad bridge, but I can't show it to you as I'm still waiting approval (and payment) from the commissioner.

Moving on, I've kept working on the Galatea. Modeling was done but the ceiling was too empty for my taste, so I've added some more lights at the center of it as well as some paneling. Other than that, work continued on the interfaces, as well as in some remaining minor details.

c2_08_by_rekkert-db2swtx.png
    JES
  • GeminiFanGeminiFan0 Posts: 0Member
    A (VERY) small nit, I'm wondering if any of these ships were to be commanded by someone of, say James Cromwell's stature, would there be enough platform in front of the command chair that those long legs might be dangling off the front of that relatively short platform?
    @GeminiFan: I've checked for that early on, and don't worry, there's plenty of room on that platform. A lot of the bridge is actually bigger than it looks, the doors for instance are 2.4 meters tall, in order to make them accesible not only for tall humans, but for big aliens as well.

Well, the Galatea is done!

uss_galatea_bridge_cutaway_by_rekkert-db2xhwt.png

uss_galatea_bridge__1_by_rekkert-db2xe8g.png

uss_galatea_bridge__2_by_rekkert-db2xbxu.png

uss_galatea_bridge__3_by_rekkert-db2x9ji.png

uss_galatea_bridge__4_by_rekkert-db2x5xc.png
    LOVE the Galatea bridge, oh my god. Now my mind is trying to imagine the exterior of that little thing.
    Thank you very much!

Well, here's the exterior of the Galatea, a Leander-Class frigate; one of the many beautiful ships designed by Conner Bentley, aka KillaBC.
    JES
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work so far! It really captures the look of many of those interiors of the era.
    The ship exterior reminds me of a smaller Nebula class.
    I have to say, the back of the Galatea bridge is scratching an old school itch of mine. I might actually adapt that to a design I was playing with, a barrel-shaped bridge for this super-runabout I doodles a while ago. The idea was to have it be a Star Trek VI-style bridge, but without the curves. I was never quite sure what to do with the back wall, but those "digi-pillars" might be a neat fix. I could see them continuing all the way down to the bottom deck.
    Really liking the Galatea bridge. It's got that wonderful modified TNG battle bridge look to it.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Absolutely love it! Everything fits right in with the era and shipgrade; from the overall color scheme and style, through to the stencils, labels and pre-LCARS. :)

Have you any ideas on what a full Ship Of The Line bridge might look like in that era, like say the bigger Apollo or Ambassador-class? (I like a number of others, tend to reject what we saw onscreen as the "legitimate bridge" for the Enterprise-C, since it appeared more like a battle or auxiliary bridge in comparison to what came before and after...)

Eager to see what you come up with next!
    Thanks for all the comments!

@BlueNeumann: Those back panels are inspired a similar back wall shown on the USS Sutherland bridge on TNG, I like them very much. Also, would you mind showing me those doodles you mention? I'm looking for a next project to do once I'm back on Buenos Aires in a couple of weeks, so I'm more than open to ideas.

@Starscream: I'll probably do a "Ship of the Line" bridge sooner or later, but I think the USS Carina Bridge by Conner Bentley is pretty much spot on for the era.
    The ship that Data was in charge of for an episode and had that racist/cyber-acist? officer? I remember that from when I was a kid.

Here's the concept doodle I did of the super-runabout, for when you need more than a runabout but not a whole starship. Think the Prometheus from Prometheus. It's about three stories tall, uses a little TNG and a little JJ in the design. The stud on the top is the bridge.

tumblr_o3cmv5dIa41u9hwe3o3_1280.jpg

That top level on the side is the bridge, that whole slanted wall is meant to be glass. The bridge follows the inside shape there, with a door on the side leading to the antenna room and stairwell.

And I actually have a TON of unusual Trek-related sketches in my thread, but since a lot of the older links seem to bust for some reason, I'll send you to my Tumblr, where I archive a lot of those things.
    @BlueNeumann: Yeap, that's the episode. :lol:

I like your design, and your Tumblr is full of great drawings!

Well, I've finally went ahead and open a commissions page, for anyone interested in a 3D bridge or interior.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Resembles alot like my ship USS PROTEUS
    I've started working on a modification of the Galatea bridge, the USS Charybdis. This one is a newer ship, so it has a more TNG/DS9 feel to it, and will be the first ship I do with 24th century style LCARS.

Lot's of modifications still to be done but here's some progress.

c1_03_by_rekkert-db51qen.png
    JES
    I love how clean and white it is... almost medical. I can imagine the LCARS being white and gray too.

And I love that you managed to use the TNG wall thingies in this bridge, too.
    Awesome, looks very clean!

The only thing I might recommend changing is to make the wall struts solid, and similarly eliminate the grating/grill effects on the lighting: These always looked more appropriate for older era vessels like the Miranda and Excelsior classes (IMO, at least) to visually indicate their relative age, and looked wildly out of place on newer TNG era designs like the Nebula.
    Looking good so far. It's nice to see it changing into a later 24th century style.
    Thanks for the comments!

@Starscream: IMO the solid wall struts look older than the open ones, as they were used for the Enterprise-A, Stargazer, Hathaway, and other older ships as well. As for the grills on the ceiling lights, I do plan to change these. In fact I might end up changing the whole ceiling, both to differentiate the bridge and to make it brighter.

Here's some more progress, I've added more stations on the side of the lower level (sorry BlueNeumann :lol:), as well as chairs for all stations.

c1_04_by_rekkert-db54u9h.png
    JES
    Looking great. It sure was nice of you to give everyone chairs. ;)
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @Starscream: IMO the solid wall struts look older than the open ones, as they were used for the Enterprise-A, Stargazer, Hathaway, and other older ships as well. As for the grills on the ceiling lights, I do plan to change these. In fact I might end up changing the whole ceiling, both to differentiate the bridge and to make it brighter.

Ah, you're going from the chronological perspective. :)

While I realise the open struts appeared first on the Excelsior, I also acknowledged the real-life reason for their presence; ie the production team needed ways to differentiate between that bridge set and the E-A. I (fudge) justify it in-universe by saying Excelsior as a prototype needed internal reinforcement to deal with the structural stresses of testing the Transwarp drive.... (being a more advanced production vessel, the E-B didn't have these same open struts - they've returned to the solid "cosmetic" bulkheads). ;)

Essentially I go from the perspective that aesthetically they appear relatively older in comparison with most TNG ships. For example the struts and grillwork on the USS Brattain bridge, the USS Saratoga, etc etc.

Of course, you didn't mention precisely what class this goes on... Hey, have you considered putting some grill/meshwork inside those struts? :cool:
    @evil_genius_180: I actually feel bad for the poor souls who have to stand up for 8 hours right besides the captain, better to just give them chairs. :rolleyes:

@Starscream: As for the ship class, I'll be a Leander-Class just like the Galatea.

Well, while looking how to replace the ceiling, I've decided to add some inspirations from the Prometheus bridge, so the struts were replaced alongside the ceiling. :lol:

c1_06_by_rekkert-db5d67h.png
    JES
    As someone who has to stand 7+ hours at a time at my own job, totally appreciate the chairs.

Like the new ceiling! Makes the room brighter and the whites whiter.