Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DU.S.S. CHURCHILL ORIGINAL CONCEPT SKETCHES

AnarionAnarion338 Posts: 50Member
edited March 2017 in Work in Progress #1
Greetings all,

I was not sure where to post this since there was no "ancient drawings" forum Hehe.

Recently I came across a notebook with some of my concept sketches of the Churchill from the late 1990's.
But since at the time they were a work in progress...I thought this may be the right place.

They are horrible, faded and not much more than doodles, but I thought some of you might be interested.

If you look close, and see them as a whole, you can see the birth of what eventually became the Churchill

Best Regards,

Brian Patrick Montgomery AKA Anarion

CHURCHILL CONCEPT SKETCH 01.jpg
CHURCHILL CONCEPT SKETCH 02.jpg
CHURCHILL CONCEPT SKETCH 03.jpg
CHURCHILL CONCEPT SKETCH 04.jpg
CHURCHILL CONCEPT SKETCH 05.jpg
CHURCHILL CONCEPT SKETCH 06.jpg
CHURCHILL CONCEPT SKETCH 07.jpg
111309.jpg
111310.jpg
111311.jpg
111312.jpg
111313.jpg
111314.jpg
111315.jpg
Post edited by Anarion on
Tagged:

• JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
    Interesting how probably one of the most popular designs of her era actually had such humble beginnings. And that TNG-era design? Completely different, or did the Churchill really start out that different?
  • AnarionAnarion338 Posts: 50Member
    Hehe.

Yeah the sketches are pretty bad. There are overlapping views, scribbles and poor perspective! Just goes to show that you do not have to be great on paper to do design work. Most engineers I know can't draw a straight line to save their lives.

The Next Generation ship is just another doodle. Probably an idea I was playing around with.