Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DMKF's Doodle Crap

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
    Some more ship stuff,

geop-2014updates-001a.png?w=500

I did do more aliens but I need to do more to nail out the alliance species and how many and how much I want that to influence the ship designs. Original story draft was 2 species one being a solar twin species IE from the same originating system or sister system. As the story developed I adjusted that to be an alliance of worlds. Cannot say much else as it'll spoil even though I doubt this will ever go past making images or whatever.

This image is from 95? or so shows the rough base of the original Kijok ship ideas. That large planet ship WAS a small planet at one point. I dunno what it will become but I doubt itll be that massive whale thing. Maybe something else as I sort of want to get rid of those ugly sublight drives for something else.

geop-01a.png?w=500
    BTW these are for those deer or horse faced aliens (blue guys)

I do want to try to keep the aliens humanoid vs anything way out there. That fish guy is pushing things. Anyhow the goal atm is ship dev I started with the alien faces as it sometimes helps me to picture the creature while working on the ships.

So far overriding element is that FTL spike. I dunno yet what type of FTL it will use or how. Just that the FTL system is a visual element of the designs. I will be working on at least 3 designs maybe more if I split ships up. A Gunship, habitat ship, harvest/factory ship, base ship. Originally i had 2 types of gun or suppressor ship then the colony/habitat or city ships. The non suppressor ships are the ones I am having the most trouble with one of which is a atmospheric entry ship.

Ok hell with it here are some of those other alliance alien doodles. Doubt I will make use of any of them.
    geop-2014updates-001b.png?w=400
    Super lazy ones too a camel, bird, and some ram thing. One ended up like a bipedal snake but was a sad attempt to do something else. HEH oh well. I have no idea what I will do for the alliance ships. Originals were a organic mess but I might change that over to a cobbled fleet, but then again story calls for a massive battle and a cobbled fleet probably wont cut it.

OH original post image from a few days ago as I didnt post it. Acually heh loads of 2d that didnt make it here. shrug. . .

geop-2014updates-001.jpg?w=500
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Some less alien looking characters. They are in flux as well as I have a tradition or bad habit of updating them and changing them. The purple haired girl is a good example. I missed a old update or change thus the various hair. Still not sure which I will go with. Costume is really a no idea thing as it has changed with what is thought of as cool over the years.

note severe bangs. lol From the 2011 update I uh, forgot about.
    geop-02a.jpg?w=400

Sort of shows the progression of the characters design over the years.

geop-01.jpg?w=400

BTW the GEOP is just the title I gave it for the old days when I had this stuff in a file cabinet.
    Diverted away from a Full FTL ship with landing abilities though the mass I want to have depicted would require such a thing the mess of dealing with the FTL appendages just kept cluttering up the idea. So maybe a carrier of sorts with multiple landing craft instead. Idea is large black pillars that I had in a strange dream some time back. Impression was many long pillars or blocks descending in mass parting clouds etc and falling to land vertically. To get it to fit the visual look of the other ships I gubbinsed them up. I might return to a non carrier based idea but dunno. The issue is the size. I do not want huge massive ships as I always saw the ships in the story as a massively large fleet vs a collection of a few large ships. But to match the vision of large pillars I sorta have to have 2600meter long drop ships. Thus making the carrier some 8 or 9k meters. OUCH. hahaha.

geop-2014updates-001c.jpg?w=500

Each of these drop ships are massive harvesters or factories. They would drop in the millions or high hundred thousands over a planet.
    misc late night doodle
    seija-001c.jpg
    Doodle has color now, heh planned to do some light landscape maybe but meh.

seija-001web.jpg
    Bunch of fail doodles.

randoms-01.jpg?w=400
    mehh
    randoms-01a.png?w=400
    feet, not into feet. It was not what I was wanting at the time either
    fuqabout-01a.png?w=400
    fail. just fail. . . .
    fuqabout-01b.png?w=400
    more fail. thurs is now known as failday. . . . . . sigh. I blame it on the eye doc for putting that green **** in my eyes yesterday that made everything go white and blurry.......gave me failitus.

Anyhow most of these are abandoned doodles vs wip. I usually skip these but figured I would so I was doing SOMETHING . . . . . maybe.
    One from previous post:

master-spark-web-v2.jpg?w=400

Ram and Rem or is that Rem and Ram? (from re-zero) I always get these 2 mixed up. Manga is worse as they nearly look the same without colour. HAH anyhow I think I have attributes correct in this. Dunno where it will go as Im not too happy with it.

Given there is anime, manga, and novels for this series fixing style and design took up way too much time. Worse still they have multiple artists working each arch as well.

ram-rem-01c.jpg?w=400

1to1 crop, tempted to compose it like this vs full body.
    ram-rem-01c1.jpg
    I think this is done for them. Been done for a while but DISTRACTIONS!!! lol

ram-rem-01-web.jpg
    random stuff

randoms-7-24.jpg

randoms-7-24-a1.jpg

randoms-7-24-a2.jpg

randoms-7-24-a3a.jpg

randoms-7-24-a4.jpg
    dunno what the hell I am doing. . . .suppose to be doodle day and well ffffffffff
    Also using Paint Tool SAI again vs clip. Speed is way up from that prog. Sucks as SAI is very striped down vs clip. Might try to spend a day in attempts to clone the brush behavior but I think inherently clip cannot mimic sai brushes.
    randoms-7-24-a4a.jpg

randoms-7-24-a4b.jpg

BTW this si mostly paint over on the line work. So, one layer. Some of the fill is done below then merged up to avoid smearing black all over inside. EXP when you DO NOT want to shade in blacks.
    way too much time into this lol ZZZZZZ

randoms-7-24-a4d.jpg
    I think this polishes this off.

remilia-04.jpg
    Goofing around.
    creatures-01.jpg
    More stuff. Not intended look but oh well. Been a while since I painted her other than messing about in social paint chats.

overly done under painting.

kogasa-01.png

Where it sits ATM as it is way bast being late. . . .

kogasa-01a.jpg

character is Tatara Kogasa google if you want info on what she is and other info.
    Some 2d stuff as I have not been doing much of it anymore.

random whatever
    psi-girl.jpg

Yukari in a gap (yeah more touhou)
    yukari-2-20fin.jpg

original doodles these came from
    randoms-2-20a.png

Older crap I apparently never posted here. More at the blog or wip blog.

theifclown-02color-fin2.jpg

remi-12-16-001fin.jpg

there is more but not gonna flood post old crap. Just follow the sig urls for older crap.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Pretty...
    some more

yousei-01-cirno1k.jpg

yousei-01-daiyousei.jpg

yousei-01b.png

yousei-01d.png

moretouhou-3-17.jpg

dragonmeatb.jpg
    Dragon Meat update.
    yeah, I decided to paint it or least start it.

dragonmeat-paint.jpg

Crop in of Remilia
    dragonmeat-paint-crop.jpg
    shhhh, it isn't touhou. . . . . lol

sucy-01.png

sucy-01paint.jpg

oh where I left the dragonmeat pic

dragonmeat-paint3.jpg
    done
    sucy-01paint-web.jpg
    kanna-web1.jpg
    Kanna from Kobayashisan Maid Dragon
    klingon-ideas.jpg
    not much different from other work in these. . . . . . it would be pre tos my uni so fiddly details and layers of crap.
    taking a break with polygons and panels

doodle
    flan-01.png
    color
    flan-01col.jpg
    another reimu. Spent all afternoon mulling over things and this is what came out.

fukin-reimu-01a.png

Started the painting process. Changed a bit and lost some of the pose but eh. Might restore the expression though not so sure about the smile.

fukin-reimu-01col.jpg
    fukin-reimu-01col-a.jpg

Some relighting, small details, and the bg objects to go. Maybe a backdrop of sorts.
    a darn near done update. Those ofuda AUGH made my hands hurt lol sloppiest calligraphy!

fukin-reimu-01col-b.jpg
    HAH that wasnt long I should not bothered with that update
    fukin-reimu-01web.jpg
    some doodles done in a colab or communal draw app called DrawPile. So far it was only me.

murdok-01.jpg
    New album out yesterday btw.

rest of the junk I did while I fought the interface of the prog. You might see the inverted paint deposit effect on murdock (ck k c?)
    april-17-01.jpg
    kreep-kosuzu-color3.jpg

getting lazy and doing the glasses on another layer was a bad idea heh. they do not blend in gotta fix that later.
    over 10 months since I last did this? and bleh
    slime001a.jpg