Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis

12345679»

• kretonykretony0 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know how I didn't see it, but I noticed that in the episode Adrift in Season 4 two versions of the city are used simultaneously! The original city from season 1 (assuming Rainmaker) and the Atmosphere version. I wonder why that was, but it wasn't too noticeable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Vilandra, those animations are the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I followed this thread toward its beginning and was able to see your images. However now they no longer appear at all. Did you take them down or is the site messing up? I would love to see some still renders of your masterpiece, and possible an ortho or two. Your city if freakin awesome!!!!!!
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    ZPB wrote: »
    Vilandra, those animations are the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I followed this thread toward its beginning and was able to see your images. However now they no longer appear at all. Did you take them down or is the site messing up? I would love to see some still renders of your masterpiece, and possible an ortho or two. Your city if freakin awesome!!!!!!

The images should still be there. I havent taken any of them down. Perhaps theres an issue with the site??

Ive been busy with work and havent had a chance to get back to this. Same with my Destiny model.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    It must have been the site because i see them now. Thanks
    Just a little bit of a test. We just got the new VRay plugin for Cinema 4D (VRayforC4D) and I wanted to see how well it would work with my Atlantis model.

Unfortunately, VRay has its own material, so ive got to find some time to convert all my standard C4D material over to VRay. But in the meantime, heres a high res shot of the city untextured with a sun and physical sky.... and a somewhat quick and rough water material.
    82215.jpg
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    Atlantis class City Ship
    Atlantean

Dimensions
    Length 2,850m (9,348ft.)
    With 2,850m (9,348ft.)
    Height 950m (3,116ft.) 470 meeters centeral spire tip top to water
    Speed
    Max sub light 90 Psl.
    Max Hyperdrive Interstellar 500 Lyph
    Max Hyperdrive Intergalactic 10,000 Lyph
    Defences
    Trinium Hull/ Trinium Reinforced Concrete (buildings)
    Alteran City ship/Ship Shields
    Weapons
    1,500,000 Drones Weapons
    PuddleJumpers
    Central tower 18
    Underside 9
    Transporters
    Alteran Rings
    Alteran Internal Transporters
    Power
    3 ZPMs full power (all ships of class)
    Naqahdah Generators (Atlantis only)
    MK1
    MK2

this is from my ship specs sheets, its based on the rain maker atlantis!
    Those specs are a little different than I recall.

Bruce Woloshyn once said that from sea level to the top of the center spire was around 335 meters.
    the height is from the belly ie under water to the top of the ship ie top of center spire
    ah yes i do now after looking agree my figers to be a tad large lol

i have edited the post with the corect figers, i think the ones i posted were of my older crop..

it took me a hour of looking a thinking to get this one figured out lol
    edited specs again
  • kretonykretony0 Posts: 0Member
    Its been a loooooong time since I came to this thread! I miss Atlantis lol Wish they hadn't cancelled the show. :(
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    dude dont necro post this thread has been dead sinse jun
    Been a long long time since ive done anything with this model. I recently found it and opened it up, browsed through it, and realized just how bad some of the modeling was. So, after a day of contemplating whether or not I should go back and fix it, I decided to just remodel a lot of it from scratch.

I have all of the episodes in HD, so its so much easier now to model some of these objects, compared to years ago when all we had was lower res images.

Here are a few images showing the comparisons between the older towers and the newer ones ive modeled. Each render has an old structure (on the left) and the new one (on the right).

tower%202%20comp_zps0oomoy62.jpg

arch%20twin%20towers_zpsgkuemaba.jpg

tower1%20comp_zpsyhgdd6bi.jpg

tank%20tower%20comp_zpspw5ypwg7.jpg

More to come later!
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    I really really really like Atlantis. Not to mention McKay :). This is something that I always wanted to do, but other projects kept me away from this. Great job! I hope we will see some high resolution renders. So far I've only seen medium resolution renders.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I look forward to seeing more.