Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTIE Fighter 2.0

2»

• Greeble_GremlinGreeble_Gremlin331 Posts: 0Member
    Wow!,
    I have been away form this forum for too long.
    I can't belive I missed most of the build up on the Body.
    Great work Stonky!
    I know all too well how many parts have to be made for a Studio accurate TIE.
    My hat's off to any one willing to take it on.
    I will be watching the rest of this thread.
  • Looks great so far. :thumb:
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Great start indeed. Now with more computer power we can see more detailed models and i see quite a few here pushing the 2 Million plus polys.

Look forward to updates indeed.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Thanks all! It's at about 95,000 polys with just the body so yeah, it's getting up there. I've been spending a lot of time on the Star Destroyer recently but I'm going to jump back into this one too so that it doesn't go stale. :)
  • Greeble_GremlinGreeble_Gremlin331 Posts: 0Member
    Hey it occurred to me there's no wire-frame renders
    Sorry I love seeing the wire-frames it tells a lot about how the model has be constructed. Kind of like seeing an elaborate "analog" build blog over on the RPF
    Though your renders are so beautiful and photo-real.
    Your using Houdini. I dont no much about its render engine, apart from it being most excellent.
    Can you say anything about the render/lighting set up. or did I miss that ealier in the thread
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Sorry, just seeing this now!

I tried to pose an image or the wires, but I can't seem to be able to upload pictures anymore ("Unable to move/copy files" error). :(

In terms of lighting, it's just a simple HDR with a couple of additional lights. The shader is energy conserving and "physically plausible", a variation on the Disney principled BRDF/BSDF shader:

https://disney-animation.s3.amazonaws.com/library/s2012_pbs_disney_brdf_notes_v2.pdf
    https://renderman.pixar.com/resources/current/RenderMan/PxrDisney.html

Takes all of the guess work out of it, using the popular roughness/metallic model.
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work.
    Most impressive.
    PM coming your way.