Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Constitution Reboot (Finished)

• Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    I guess I will figure out the physical model after I'm done.

Today's update, still messing with the bussards:
    v11-bussardv2.png
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    love the diffuse look - make it looks like there is a fine mesh over bussards and that kinda makes sense - cant wait to see this thing actually finished
    edited May 2020 #484
    Well, I have decided it is time to put this version to rest and start version 11. There won't be many changes at all, mostly just a new modeling workflow. Here is a full render to end version 1:
    tqCvAxxwmEAC6SL8vr4zpsjWbGERMy8OjH1VI4euBAI?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3
    Post edited by Hunter G on
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    That is a thing of beauty.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    GORGEOUS!!!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Looks great Hunter.
  • FenniusFennius136 Posts: 72Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    I guess I will figure out the physical model after I'm done.

Today's update, still messing with the bussards:
    v11-bussardv2.png

These are beyond gorgeous
    edited May 2020 #489
    Late response, but I appreciate the comments!

I just went back and re-linked all the images, since Dropbox keeps changing stuff and decided to break all of them. I won't get into that 2 hour mess...

I actually roasted my older versions with my brother (who is also an artist) while I was at it. It was fun to see where I started until now! Feel free to join in on the roasting :lol:

Even though I'm putting my Trek reboot designs together, I still think the Connie deserves her own thread. As soon as I finish some renders of the new version I started on, I'll put them here. I'll post some size comparisons to my other ships in the other thread ;)

Now to go copy and paste to TrekBBS lol
    edited May 2020 #490
    Here we are, reboot Connie version 12! Featuring the never finished OG I started forever ago for comparison (I think I was going to do a 50th anniversary video, but never got around to it). It's a rough concept, little detail and low quality, but it does it's job:
    eNv7HP1.png
    GMqNn3R.png
    guSdkDQ.png
    mYtca1m.png
    MGdBSNW.png
    w4WZbGC.png
    It's crazy that years ago just getting something at that level took weeks, but now it took hours! Not to mention each render only took 5 minutes using cycles as opposed to almost an hour with blender internal back in the day. How technology has improved

I also can't believe I never did "concept" models before doing the real thing. It's allowed me to figure out and tweak the proportions and shapes without having to worry about quality under close scrutiny. Now once I get to the real modeling I won't be going off the top of my head, having to rebuild pieces like 10 times because I didn't plan it out first.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. The next step is to finish blocking out the whole TOS Starfleet before doing the real models. I'll put concepts in my Star Trek reboot thread, and save this one for when I start modeling the good old Connie for real.

Cheers!
    xiaorobearevil_genius_180ashleytingerFreakLizzy777McCNathan RubricRedeyesJES
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I quite like that old version and I look forward to seeing what you do with the design moving forward.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I like the old version, has a modern day look to it, but retain what made the classic girl great in the first place. I think Matt Jeffries would approve.

I look forward to see what you do.
    edited February 2021 #493
    I quite like that old version and I look forward to seeing what you do with the design moving forward.
    Freak wrote: »
    I like the old version, has a modern day look to it, but retain what made the classic girl great in the first place. I think Matt Jeffries would approve.

I look forward to see what you do.

I am definitely taking ideas from the old version for the new one!

I actually spruced up the concept model a bit to make it more presentable. Added windows and some decals, tapered the nacelles some more, and updated the scale. I find I'm having difficulty focusing on fully detailed models right now since it requires a lot of mental energy. I guess my skill is mostly in conceptualizing. Anyway, here she is:
    I5fcGO9.png
    6Pu5rSo.png
    xANMQ18.png
    uwkre5b.png
    rR4Yuwj.png
    NLJwyff.png
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180FreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryMcCLizzy777xiaorobearJESeagledocf15Rory1707
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Lovely! It needs to be kitted
    edited July 2020 #495
    publiusr wrote: »
    Lovely! It needs to be kitted
    I really hope to do something like that in the future!

Just for fun, I did a mockup of that one scene from Discovery:
    CIL0AuK.png
    g4eO6CT.png
    VAjD5o6.png

Freakashleytingerevil_genius_180McCLizzy777RekkertpubliusrRedeyesJESeagledocf15and 1 other.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Oh, that is delightful!
    Hunter G
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I love those images. First of all, I really like that effects shot fro Discovery. Second, it's nice seeing it with your versions of the ships.
    Hunter G
    ^^Yeah the effects on the show are pretty cool, if a little too dark most of the time. I know it's space, but let's get the ships in the full light of a star once in a while!
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    Though I'm quite partial to the discoprise, when I see how good your lovely homage to the grand ol' lady looks in it's place, it practically brings a tear to my eye. A tasteful, faithful update of the original.

I certainly understand that they couldn't just go full 60's repro for a show produced a half century down the track, but you've proved here there was no need to...well...do what they did.

You GET IT.
    More!
  • eagledocf15eagledocf15357 Houston Texas Posts: 46Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    To heck with starting a new thread. I've started up again on the old Connie! The things I've added (blocked out) since last time are a bridge, sensor dome, and the impulse engines. Not much progress, but in light of the 50th Anniversary, I thought I'd better do some more renders:

tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao1_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao2_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao3_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao4_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao5_r1_1280.png

Progress will be slow as usual. If there's anything I've learned from this project, it's that patience is everything. Cheers!

This is incredible! Any more work on this one?

lewisniven
    Or a refit version was
    Well, here we go again, officially starting the next version. It's already so much easier modeling based off the concept model I did:
    p9L8Rbz.jpg
    Lizzy777lennier1FreakJESlewisnivenrojrenMcCWarp Propulsion Laboratory
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    Another version? But you didn't finish your last version?

Aw hell, I know it's usually best to just start over anyways! I've already had to do that once for what I'm working on!
    JES wrote: »
    Another version? But you didn't finish your last version?

Aw hell, I know it's usually best to just start over anyways! I've already had to do that once for what I'm working on!

Well of course, the last version was 4 years ago lol. I have way better ideas for it now!
    This would make a great physical model--no nacelle droop here.
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Beautiful!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Thanks! Also yes, she will be nice and sturdy as a physical model ;)

I can't decide what orientation to use for the 4 clamp things at the front of the nacelle here. Any thoughts?
    xQ27k4l.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    I like 2.
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    1. Looks better imho.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    I like option 1 and 2.