Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DVarious Star Trek Things

Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
edited February 2 in Work in Progress #1
Thumbnail:
lmrT6T6.jpg

I've decided to put all Star Trek stuff, 2D and 3D, (besides my Connie reboot) into 1 thread. Here is a dump of images to start with:

2D:
Gallant Class concept
aDEwKrb.png

Unknown small ship concept. Needs to be reworked.
8lwln4W.png

Another small ship, my favorite so far.
y0Hyzpt.jpg

Small BOP concept
LdBNcHS.png

Luna class rehash.
dGwGNNo.png

Asgard class concept v2
h0Sbfql.jpg

('3D:

Corvus class
xQTmuUK.png

I will be modeling the 2D concepts that I like eventually.

Cheers!
Post edited by Hunter G on
JESLoopholeRory1707Ael'sSoul ScreamProviFX
Tagged:

• Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    My latest sketch, the USS Seeker. This is the most fleshed out concept so far, and I'll start modeling it soon.

This class (still unnamed) was commissioned before the Constitution, but this particular ship was built after the Enterprise, and is a refitted version of the original class.

zjmin59.png

For some reason I like a very small secondary hull. You may or may not agree. On this one the only rooms are probably a small shuttle bay and engineering.
    JESRory1707Ael'sSoul Scream
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Very nice concepts all around. I especially like the Klingon ships. I hope you get back to the Corvus class sometime, it's a sweet design.
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    I see more John Eaves, and less Hunter G. I'd be more interested to see your own style.
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    Nice designs! I especially like the Asgard class ship! I really like the nacelle design on that one. :thumb:
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That third ship is awesome.

I also see a lot of JEaves influence. He does some great work.
    Very nice concepts all around. I especially like the Klingon ships. I hope you get back to the Corvus class sometime, it's a sweet design.

Yeah, I'll be working on her off and on like usual. But now I've added the Seeker to my 3D modeling queue. :argh:
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    That third ship is awesome.

I also see a lot of JEaves influence. He does some great work.
    psCargile wrote: »
    I see more John Eaves, and less Hunter G. I'd be more interested to see your own style.

I draw without thinking and that's what comes out, so it is my style. It used to be different, so chances are it will change over time as it always does.
    SeanP wrote: »
    Nice designs! I especially like the Asgard class ship! I really like the nacelle design on that one. :thumb:

Yes, that is one of my favorites as well. :)
    Rory1707
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    Really like the Seeker. It kind of reminds me of the Phase II connie with the blend of the old and new styles, but in reverse. I would try going even smaller on the secondary hull because it does't look that much smaller.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Heh, "You're a bit John Eaves" isn't really an insult. :)

I wish I was that good, but so far I've only managed to get a bit John-the-one-eyed-fingerless-hobo-whose-never-seen-a-pencil.

Still, it's a John.

Those sketches are all great. I think my most pressing concern is that you have a 3 metre tall klingon! :)
    No, it's not an insult, but once you've seen a million Eaves-esque drawings, none of them stand out. We all go through this stage; for me it was Sternbach. Eventually it's time to graduate to the next level. I see potential, so if you are not thinking about your pencil lines, in the future, put some thought into it.
    bbelt wrote: »
    Really like the Seeker. It kind of reminds me of the Phase II connie with the blend of the old and new styles, but in reverse. I would try going even smaller on the secondary hull because it does't look that much smaller.

I'm actually roughing out a v2 concept where the secondary hull is smaller, and is connected directly to the saucer. We'll see how that turns out.
    Dannage wrote: »
    Heh, "You're a bit John Eaves" isn't really an insult. :)

I wish I was that good, but so far I've only managed to get a bit John-the-one-eyed-fingerless-hobo-whose-never-seen-a-pencil.

Still, it's a John.

Those sketches are all great. I think my most pressing concern is that you have a 3 metre tall klingon! :)

Yeah, I don't think of it as an insult. XD

(Whoops, that Klingon was supposed to be 2 meters.)
    No, it's not an insult, but once you've seen a million Eaves-esque drawings, none of them stand out. We all go through this stage; for me it was Sternbach. Eventually it's time to graduate to the next level. I see potential, so if you are not thinking about your pencil lines, in the future, put some thought into it.

Being mere concepts, I don't like to force it until I start fleshing it out. But my style really shines through once I get to the 3D stage, eg: my Connie Reboot. My initial sketches for that one resembled Eaves early NX-01 drawings. The model itself does not. :)
    Seeker V2
    tos_design_concept___uss_seeker_by_hanzhefu-daf1xwy.png
    Did away with the neck and connected the engineering hull directly with the primary hull. Also scaled down the saucer a bit.
    srspicerJESRory1707Ael'sSoul Scream
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I really like that!
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Great drawing. Looking forward to seeing you model that one.
    I like it as well. :)
    I like that impulse drive.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Yay for small ships! :D
    edited May 2020 #18
    I really like that!
    I like it as well. :)
    I like that impulse drive.

Yay!
    Schimpfy wrote: »
    Yay for small ships! :D

^^Yes that ^^
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Great drawing. Looking forward to seeing you model that one.

I can't wait to get started on it!
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    So anyway, here's a TOS Vengeance concept:

tumblr_od1ys80DKG1ubvdnao1_540.png

Since I’m designing and redesigning a bunch of ships, I need a name for my little reboot universe, because saying reboot makes it sound like I’m talking about the JJ verse. Ideas?
    Rory1707Ael'sSoul ScreamJES
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Hunterverse? :D
    Betterverse?

Because, that looks a hell of a lot better than the Vengeance from the film.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Happy Hunting Grounds?
  • PsychyoPsychyo0 Posts: 0Member
    It's not really original, but you could call it the HGU. Like Marvels MCU, but for you?
    Haha! Oh you guys.

Have a Saladin. Happy 50th!

CZX00NM.png
    Rory1707Ael'sSoul ScreamJES
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    Ahh yes, yes! Don't stop!... Erm.. sorry guys, it's just so overwhelming ;-))
    USS Discovery redesign concept:

u_s_s__discovery_redesign_concept_by_hanzhefu-daiqqcg.png
    Rory1707Soul ScreamJES
    I like that a lot. :thumb:
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Wow, I like this a lot more than the "Wedgeprise" concept from Ralph McQuarrie. Yeah, McQuarrie was instrumental for designing Star Wars, but I feel that his style didn't exactly fit the Trek aesthetic.

If I weren't under deadlines, I'd REALLY want to try to build this!
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Wow, very nice design. Much better than the original......:)
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    I like it. Great design.
  • GrimGrim0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh yes!

In my head I imagined a more TOS Enterprise style secondary hull, less neck, with wide nacelle pylons to keep similarities with the trailer version and TOS era nacelles to replace the 'future-futuristic' trailer ones while keeping, in most part, the Primary hull as is and you have absolutely nailed it. Good work!