Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

In case anyone missed this (ILM contest)

rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
edited May 2016 in General Discussion #1
ILM and ArtStation are conducting an "Art Department Challenge".

From the ILM facebook post:

"Do you think you have what it takes to be a part of the ILM Art Department? We've teamed up with the amazing team at ArtStation to create a real world challenge designed to find the best talent out there.
The challenges will not be easy. The challenge will test you, push you, and possibly frustrate you; we aim to put you through the daily rigors of a concept artist and see how you fare on the other side.
Good luck! "

https://www.artstation.com/contests/ilm/challenges/8
Post edited by rojren on

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The link doesn't work for me.
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    Odd. I've tried it from work and home, on two computers (different OS's) and a kindle, and it worked.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Also works for me....
    Well, that was on my phone. Anyone who uses those for the web knows how they can be sometimes. :rolleyes: It was all I had available at the time because I was on a bus. It works just fine on a real computer.

"they daily rigors of a concept artist" :lol:

Sorry, I do hard physical labor, so it's laughable for me to think of anything where you sit on your backside at a computer as rigorous.

It's an interesting contest. Nothing I'll have time for, but still interesting. Too bad none of the prizes are a job at ILM. Though, they may at least take notice of some people who submit good stuff and at least throw some contract work their way. (one can hope, anyway) The Skype calls with the art director may also lead somewhere.
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    I'm almost always near a PC with broadband, and I like to have about half-a-dozen tabs open at a time when I surf. So surfing on a phone is, too slow, and too freaking small (and too expensive).

Keep at the physical work as long as you can. This computer driving thing is really bad for you.

If I were young, I'd jump all over this.
    I only use the phone at work and on the bus, where a computer isn't available. Otherwise, I use the computer. I have Walmart Family Mobile with unlimited data, 5GB of 4G, which isn't bad speed wise. However, I had the less expensive plan at first and the speed it went down to after my 1GB of 4G was used up was horrible. Price wise it's not bad, and I get an employee discount.

I've never been good at concept art, so I'd pass on this even if I wasn't employed full time. I just wanted to see what it was all about.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I wish I could do this but there is no way I'd be any good at it besides, I'm trying to finish writing my novel.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Working on my second image for this now.