Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Tisiphone - an Axanar era project

2»

• AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    Detailing the impulse engines (step 1)
    108906.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking great. I like doing grills like that on impulse engines also. :)
    Detailing the impulse engines (step 2)
    108910.jpg
    Great stuff. :)
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Alnair wrote: »
    @ Saquist
    Maybe this picture clarifies the change a tad better

It's not what I thought it was but it did give me an idea....
    Perhaps have the pylons just above the pontoons instead of passing through. That would raise the station of the pod in the center and all of the pontoon becomes useable. The pontoon itself could possibly be supported by the pylon with a reinforced harnest of some kind.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Great changes - looks much better!
    @ Saquist
    A good idea from a technical point of view. But I think the current layout is more pleasing from an artistic position and besides the Tisiphone is an old ship, so she certainly has some flaws in her design that later starfleet ships aren't tainted with. ;)

@tobiasrichter
    Thank you! :)

Did a quick animation to test the shutlebay's opening mechanism:
    Really nice work. I like the way the doors start off a little slower and then speed up. :thumb:
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    @ Saquist
    A good idea from a technical point of view. But I think the current layout is more pleasing from an artistic position and besides the Tisiphone is an old ship, so she certainly has some flaws in her design that later starfleet ships aren't tainted with. ;)

I really love that philosophy.
    WIP continues...
    Currently I'm working on the final mesh cleanup, detailing and the design for the ship's lights. No textures applied (besides basic color and some emission shaders)
    110206.jpg110207.jpg110208.jpg110209.jpg110210.jpg110211.jpg110212.jpg
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Fantastic work....but.....NOT YOU ALNAIR!!! one who has influenced my own art and design with incredible original artistry! NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not you to have fallen victim to the Tubes and Saucers disease!

lol
    @ sorceress21

I have to confess that I couldn't longer resist the temptation... ;) ... would it comfort you, when I say that I'm already working on another and more realistic project?
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    YES!
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice ship. I just hope CBS doesn't sue you over it.

Named it after a fury, huh? Appropriate.
  • SAMSABER_2012SAMSABER_201267 Posts: 107Member
    After a long break...

inspired by the fantastic Axanar project I finally built my first star trek ship ever, the USS Tisiphone. The model is almost finished. Currently I'm working on the final details.
    The Tisiphone is an old exploration vessel built in the era between Enterprise and Axanar. To match that particular epoch I have integrated style elements from the old NX-class starships and the ships Tobias Richter has designed for Axanar.
    When the war with the Klingons breaks out the ship has already been on duty for many decades. Instead of decommissioning the old vessel Starfleet decides that every warp capable ship has to be refitted and rearmed to compensate the heavy losses Starfleet suffered in the initial battles with superior Klingon forces. So the former USS Burton is retrofited to become a light cruiser. For her new role she is renamed as USS Tisiphone.
    Together with other old ships she is then assigned to a naval unit known throughout Starfleet as "junkyard fleet", a taskforce whose mission is to slow down the rapid Klingon progress and buy the Federation more time at
    any cost...

Like your built from scratch with your own hands and fingers design. Two shuttle-bays for two shuttle-crafts, I love the Pre-Sovereign primary-hull mounted into the saucer-section here. Like the angles and action positions here.
  • SAMSABER_2012SAMSABER_201267 Posts: 107Member
    WIP continues...
    Currently I'm working on the final mesh cleanup, detailing and the design for the ship's lights. No textures applied (besides basic color and some emission shaders)

Like the beauty passes shown here, a mix of Wrath of Kahn and First Contact lighting. Like how the impulse engines bright up a bit.
    I think the name fits the ship's primary operation purpose. Regarding CBS... we'll see...;)
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    How did you make the interior of the nacelle cap? Is that texture image, one of Blender's texture materials, or something else?
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    How close is that ramscoop to the docking port?

Could it be a hazard to docking ops? It might be tricky to maneuver around it.
    @ psCargile
    Cycles procedurals. Two emission shader combined with a mix shader, controlled by a noise texture.

Node setup:
    nodesetupbussardcollector.JPG

@JWWrig
    What would you think? In my opinion the distance leaves room enough for docking with an automated docking system:
    wireframe.JPG
    110290.JPG110291.JPG
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Noise texture...thanks.
  • Very cool design. (Schones Ding).
    I really like it.
  • eagledocf15eagledocf15357 Houston Texas Posts: 46Member
    Nice design. Any updates?