Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClass-A Cargo Container (Lucasarts X-Wing franchise)

stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
edited February 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Here's something else that I've been fiddling with recently, inspired by the Class-A cargo container in the Lucasarts X-Wing franchise:

container.jpg

Here's what it looked like, in-game (Xwing CD edition I think):

container.jpg

Still some things that I want to do, but I thought that it was far enough along to show - more to come. :)
110268.jpg
110269.jpg
Post edited by stonky on
Tagged:

• fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Very pretty!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It looks great. You did a wonderful job of translating a simple 8 sided object with textured details into a fully realized 3D object. :thumb:
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, I like what you've done here, we used these assets quite extensively in First Strike, but being for an older game engine it is nowhere near as detailed as the work you've done here.

Here are a few images of it in action in game attached to the ubiquitous Imperial Bulk Freighter.

Are you planning on developing a freighter asset too?

MS_Revealed_E.jpg

ICR_Screenshot.jpg
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Beautiful work, Terry. Excellent in fact. :)
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Thanks all! I loved the old X-Wing series, I wish that someone would do a proper remake for the pc using today's tech (I've been tinkering with UE4 for just that purpose :) ).

@TALON_UK: that looks pretty cool - yeah, maybe there's a bulk freighter container retrofit in my future, we'll see. :)

More to come.
    Yeah, that would be sweet. The best you can do at the moment is buy the original games on GOG and Steam optimized to work with new hardware. No graphics increases, just the same '90s goodness. I recommend GOG for the first two games, (X-Wing and TIE Fighter) because they have all editions available in a single purchase. Last time I checked, Steam didn't have the collector's editions.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Yup, got 'em. :) In fact, I'm using recorded movies from those game to validate speeds and scales, etc.
    Nice. I have TIE Fighter and X-Wing, I need to get the other games in the series.