Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalBandai First Order TIE Fighter 1/72 (Force Awakens)

PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
edited February 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Well, I figured I needed a TIE Fighter to go with my X-Wing.

As always I start with painting the pilot figures. Unfortunately, I dropped the seated pilot figure down the sink and he's gone for good...heh. Fortunately, a kind modeler says he doesn't use his pilot figures, and is sending me a replacement. When the seated one gets here, I'll paint him up too.

IaQgZCe.jpg
110053.jpg
Post edited by PixelMagic on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Cool, I was hoping you were going to do this one too. Too bad about the pilot, but that's a lucky break that someone is willing to send you one. The standing figure looks great.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    You couldn't open the P-trap and retrieve him?
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Jenny wrote: »
    You couldn't open the P-trap and retrieve him?

He's not exactly in the drain. I dropped him in the wooden frame around the sink. Hard to explain, but the only way to get him back out would be to completely rip out the sink structure. Not doing that just to retrieve a tiny piece. Heh. I should have the replacement piece by Friday or so.
    I haven't made much more progress on this build because I got a bit sidetracked.

A few people on other forums have asked me how I paint my pilot figures on my starfighters. That inspired me to film a tutorial on my methods for painting them. The paints, thinners, brushes, etc that I use. Here is a little tease from the video. I hope to have the full video up this weekend.

Don't know how many people here would be interested because it's mostly a CG forum, but I'll post it here anyway just in case.

HKcZpmt.jpg
    Physical modeling has always held an appeal for me, I just don't do it much anymore. But, I'd love to see how you paint your figures, so I'm looking forward to the video. :)
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    I'm a physical model builder who used to paint D&D minis, so I'm interested.
    Hey guys. After many requests on how I paint my pilot figures, I've uploaded this video tutorial. I hope you enjoy it. Please leave any comments or questions below. Also if you have any suggestions for future tutorials, let me know. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKomOdHI6tY

Tutorial result...

xLc85Wo.jpg

[e8tNG31.jpg

u64EkZA.jpg

rbcoZeB.jpg
    Fantastic! Thanks a lot for posting that and sharing how you paint something so small with such detail. You did a great job for your first tutorial video too. :thumb:
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    my god hes tiny!!! you must have very steady hands