Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMCRN Donnager (The Expanse)

Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2018 in Work in Progress #1
Well, I've been pulled back in by a new sci-fi show with some ship designs that I absolutely love. I wasn't sure If I was going to come post these, but I figure It will fuel me and give me an extra push to finish.

So I have started blocking out the shapes tonight.

WIP_MCRNdonnager_02.jpg

WIP_MCRNdonnager_01.jpg
109970.jpg
109971.jpg
Post edited by Infinity238 on
Tagged:

• DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Man Oh man Nice Infinity, hey happy New year, and WHERE the hell you been guy real long time fan from the BSG days!
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice someone is taking this ship on!

It really does look like a skyscraper in space.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Very interesting design going on. It feels similar to an imperial shuttle fused with a t wing.
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Great start on a model of a really ugly design - looks very accurate. I absolutely LOVE the show but thus far unimpressed with production design.
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Great start on a model of a really ugly design - looks very accurate. I absolutely LOVE the show but thus far unimpressed with production design.

Haha, I think thats why I like the designs. All these sexy scifi ships we've come up with really aren't practical. The ships so far on the expanse are the most practical space worthy vessels i've seen on a show. The whole built like a tower thing makes so much sense I cant believe this is the first show to take that approach. None of that magical "artificial gravity". Functionality is sexy!

WIP_MCRNdonnager_03.jpg

WIP_MCRNdonnager_04.jpg
    109985.jpg109986.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Don't think I've even heard of this show, so can't comment on what the design of the actual ship from that show looks like, but I quite like your take on it. Looks solid, practical and functional. I like it.

:thumb:
  • TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
    This is fantastic! I'm thrilled to see someone rendering the Donnager! Can you show a picture of the wireframe? Great work on this model!
  • ZathothZathoth0 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive work. I fell in love with the Donnager as soon as she appear on the show.

Well, it look a lot better than what the novel describe her. In the novel, she's just a big, black rectangular spaceship with weapon attached to the hull. :D

Beside, the producer tried to make the ship to look as practical as possible. Thrust-is-down instead of Belly-Is-Down? That's even rarer than soundless space.
  • SuicidedudeSuicidedude0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Guys! Wondering if this project is still alive or possible to get the model?
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks awesome! Keep it up because I can not wait to see what you do with it. Love the show
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Really like what you done, hope to see even more ships of the Expanse done by your experienced artiest like yourself!:thumb::thumb::thumb: