Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips Of The Starfleet Museum

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    The back of the secondary hull is just about done.
    2292.jpg
    And I got a bit of the front done too.
    2293.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I added some windows. Worked on the neck a bit and relocated the airlock.
    2295.jpg
    2296.jpg
    I also added a little bit more to the front of the secondary hull.
    2297.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    I am really liking how this is going xfozzboute. There is one thing that doesn't seem quite right and not sure if this is your own design or someone else. The area where the pylons join at the center section of the ship seems like it would be kind of delicate and fragile for holding the warp nacelles. I am assuming the pylons would be going into the center section which wouldn't leave much room for going between the primary hull and secondary hull. This is just my opinion, for what it is worth.

Anyway, I really like your modeling style and projects that you work on. Always look forward to your updates.

Al
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    I'm loving the view ports. It'd be neat if you could incorporate some minor detailing (even the most low res) that might indicate some of the structural features within?
    Well the title says it all. I knew something was wrong for some time. And now I know what. I’ve been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. That’s why I haven’t been around for some time spent the last ten days in the hospital getting my gut rejiggered. I’m doing ok now and I am home, just some minor discomfort and soreness from surgery. In about a month I’ll be doing 6 months of preventative chemo and that might take me out of the game for a little while more but I will be back.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Hang in there bro!
    UPDATE...
    Started to add details to the Yorktown.
    2353.jpg
    Now with more minotaur.
    2354.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Those are, indeed, details, just as you say.
    And the cancer fun continues. Since my WBC booster I’ve started to have pain in my jaw mainly around my lower left molars so I now have to have a dentist take a look at my teeth. Fun.

UPDATE...
    I did more work on the minotaur. And made the opening for it’s landing bay.
    2355.jpg
    I also added airlocks and RCS thrusters to the Yorktown.
    2356.jpg
    2357.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Am I correct in remembering that the designs for these had decks that were perpendicular to the axis of thrust? So the landing bay there would cut across several decks? That's cool.
    Yes. :D

I’m feeling really good right now. My teeth don’t appear to be a issue. The dentist saw nothing wrong and I feel no pain. So felt I could move on with this ship.
    UPDATE...
    The final build is done. I need to start on textures now. When I get a chance. After Wednesday I only have 3 more chemo sessions to to do. And I hope that will be end of things. For now.
    2358.jpg
    2359.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’ve started to do a little work on the textures.
    2360.jpg
  • kvorshkkvorshk171 Posts: 76Member
    Once again I have nothing but praise. I can't get over how well you have taken the stuff from the museum and turned it into real machines. I love the Museum and go there all the time. I'm so happy that after all these years someone with your talent got a hold of those designs. Also I hope you're feeling ok man!
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    What kvorshk said times 3. You go man!!
    Thanks fellas.

UPDATE...
    Did more work on the Yorktown textures. I need to tone down those panels.
    2464.jpg
    UPDATE...
    More texture work done. This took me awhile to get to this point. I’m a little rusty. I’ll have to to some variants so all the engines don’t have the same texture on them.
    2465.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Got a little work done on the Minotaur.
    2466.jpg
    And now the second engine has it’s textures done. Just need to do the other two.
    2467.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Finished up the grid lines on the Minotaur. They turned out a little deeper than I thought. Oh well.
    2468.jpg
    Did a little bit of work on the Daedalus. Added windows to the upper ball and added a few grid lines.
    2469.jpg
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    Love the look of the Daedalus.
    UPDATE...
    Got grid lines and windows with rooms all done. The grid lines came to deep but I’ll see what I can to to fix that.
    2470.jpg
    I also did a little work on the nav deflector.
    2471.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’d say this done. Just need to attach the forward cannons and add missile bays.
    2472.jpg
    Did the textures for the warp pylons.
    2473.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Started to texture the main hull. I got the impulse engines, shuttle bay doors and airlocks done. I also did the belly cannon.
    2474.jpg
    2475.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Started on the textures for the main hull.
    2476.jpg
    2477.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Textures are just about done. Just have to grime it up and adjust a few bits.
    2478.jpg
    2479.jpg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That looks really nice.
    Thanks.

UPDATE...
    I’m not to happy with the textures right now but as far as I’m concerned I’m done with this thing for now.
    2480.jpg
    2481.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’m not 100% happy with this one but it’s done for now. I may eventually go back and rework some of the textures.
    yorktownortho.jpg
    UPDATE...
    UPDATE...
    Almost fully up and running again. Got a bit done before the end of last month. A bit of detail added to the back.
    2584.jpg
    Decided to make those things on the side, shuttlebays. Also added the impulse engines.
    2585.jpg
    A little bit of detail below the ball.
    2586.jpg
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    Sorry to resurrect an older thread but, Will you be returning this group of ships?
    Yep. Should be next month.