Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCylon-Raider Basestar Approach

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2015 in Work in Progress #1
animated clip

[video=vimeo;147244993]
did not use scaling,,,but the Z-Axis F-Curve to slow the raider down....scene needs
some tweeking and lighting improvements.

I restarted the TOS Raider by David Kerin from the raw original...found some missing ploys on the other I was using to reskin
the model and began with the original raw file.Tried to get it as close to as I had it and did some more improving I hope.

I also been re doing the Basestar by Raffs from original raw file also. The only original mat/tex is on the top half of the
top Mast. Had a helluva time trying to get it to fit right..and I think I used 2 others for mat/channels.
There is more can probably be done to it..but I think it does not look too bad as it is now.

Found this Electricity material,,and cannot find where I got it from to share.
Made a few changes and applied to the globes on the model.
-even thought of adding it to the Raider Pylons-

This is part of - The Arrival Battlestar 2015 short I am trying to make.
Hoping to add some new dialogue and scenes to what I already have planned..and this is part of it.

Thank you for visiting my post.
109786.png
109787.png
109788.png
Post edited by RandalR on

• RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member

..and a YT version.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. The tempo of the music fits well with the visual pace of the scene. I'm not sure about the electric texture. On the one hand, it does outline the raiders' wings, but on the other, it makes me wonder what the purpose of the lighting there might be.
    Jenny wrote: »
    Nice. The tempo of the music fits well with the visual pace of the scene. I'm not sure about the electric texture. On the one hand, it does outline the raiders' wings, but on the other, it makes me wonder what the purpose of the lighting there might be.

Well, hey, thanks. :D

I once did a TOS Baseship with like a lightning/electric weapon.
    They could be Generators,A type of Propulsion,A defense weapon or shield..that I was thinking would , if I could do it, I do not have
    any Lightning generators for C4d, and have the arc zap Vipers..:D I just thought it might look interesting.
    Really would like to at least get one video that's is worth watching and expresses my adoration for the original show and
    the foundations of the BSG Story.
    Chariots of the Gods-And are we a race worth saving-
    A human holocaust,mass exodus,journey to far away and unknown places.a fight for survival,hunted and pursued by a malevolent race.
    and what got me back then,,,was ,they were coming here.

But for the Electric mat...well, it was in an episode where a Baseship got to close to Caralonn ? and starting arcing and blows up... I just have associated some type of electricity to the base ship I spose..:D

RRR.
    Have you given thought to creating your own story, instead of recreating someone else's work?
    Have you given thought to creating your own story, instead of recreating someone else's work?
    To what part of The Arrival is someone's else's story? Where and what told you that?

This is part of a remake of a video short (BSG) I did years ago.Personal Hobbies.
    I thought I could make it a lil better and maybe improve some things.

I am having difficulty why you think that?
    To what part of The Arrival is someone's else's story? Where and what told you that?

This is part of a remake of a video short (BSG) I did years ago.Personal Hobbies.
    I thought I could make it a lil better and maybe improve some things.

Am adding a upload of a test with TOS Footage..
    [video=vimeo;147901015]

Info/Details
    Added some clips of scene cuts from some orig BSG footage.
    Also edited in audio from the TOS CD's I have.
    Am wanting to include these as I have some dialogue to put in
    that ties into the whole project animation short.
    Already know from playback the footage may need some help.
    I matched it to Project aspects and left it untouched.
    This is an upload test update.
    Re-Rendered the Basestar Shots with a new twist. Took me a it seemed a whole day to get the Mesh situated where it works and with the Disconnect and Split of Polys for animated door..and
    to get the screen right transparency with Interior textures and an
    Inverse Volumetric Light for the door opening....and 8 minutes a frame on the close up fly in.

This is my made story..not some one else's. All my videos are mine.
    I do not use references if at all. Occasionally I take note of something,it is soon forgotten.It is based more on the TOS
    story arc.It is usually all made up as I go.This is a remake of my own video-animation short.
    RandalR wrote: »

Battlestar Galactica, basestars and cylon raiders were all created by Glen Larson and his production team. While this particular shot may not be a direct redo of something that already appeared on screen, it's basically a standard scenario... two fighters returning to the carrier after patrol. Indeed, I'd be shocked if it hadn't been filmed by the TOS team at some point.

I'm talking about starting from scratch. Look at the things which inspire you... the quesiton of humanity's right to exist, the story of exodus, et cetera, and come up with your own story. How would you tell it? Who would be the heroes? Who the villains? What would they look like?