Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalRevell First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter Level 1

PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
edited October 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Decided to treat the Level 1 kit like a normal model and do a proper paint job. Pretty much using it as a test model because I've never painted or weathered a black hull. Gonna have to do some clean up work where the black paint ran under the solar panel masks, but no biggie.

93LgJob.jpg
j2ttKli.jpg
109504.jpg
Post edited by PixelMagic on
Tagged:

• PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Painting finished. Weathering next.

Lh3tZrE.jpg

zTJSCKj.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's the wrong colors! No, seriously, it looks great and it is (I'm sure) the colors they are in the film (even if they are WRONG. ;))
  • SebastianPSebastianP171 Posts: 0Member
    Aside from the colors, how does the First Order TIE Fighter differ from the original trilogy ones? With the new X-wing, the changes were kind of obvious, but I can't seem to see what they changed on the TIE Fighter...

(Also, whoever it was at Disney that suddenly decided that Bandai couldn't let their kits be sold outside Japan needs to be dropped down a very deep shaft, because that was Palpatinian levels of evil. :()
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    SebastianP wrote: »
    Aside from the colors, how does the First Order TIE Fighter differ from the original trilogy ones? With the new X-wing, the changes were kind of obvious, but I can't seem to see what they changed on the TIE Fighter...

(Also, whoever it was at Disney that suddenly decided that Bandai couldn't let their kits be sold outside Japan needs to be dropped down a very deep shaft, because that was Palpatinian levels of evil. :()

It's a two seater with a rotating turret operated by the second pilot.

You kinda see the turret on the bottom of the craft on this page.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Order_Special_Forces_TIE_fighter
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    The wing connections are also different. Also, there's that double antenna looking thing to the right of the fuselage.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, you also have to remember that this is the Elite version, there is also a standard single seater TIE Fighter which looks pretty much the same as this, but doesn't have the turret and extended cockpit rear, or the drum like details on the root of the wings. With that version it is pretty much just the colour change, antenna and more advanced guns, though it also has a slightly modified wing root where it attaches to the cockpit ball arms, it is simpler looking than the original which I thought was an odd change as the original looked more sturdy and well structured, perhaps that change was to indicate they had stronger materials now that didn't require so much support to hold the wings?

Here's a shot of the die cast Disney version of the standard First Order TIE Fighter for comparison:

IMG_4870.jpg

Either way, nice work on this.

:thumb:
    I wonder if they're going to have the TIE Interceptors in the new film. I always liked those.