Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSpace Balls Eagle 5 ( 6 ) Rv

BigDBigD0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2017 in Work in Progress #1
Hello my fellow modelers, I've finally stuck with a project from start to finish. I've decided to model the Spaceballs RV Eagle 5 the best I can. Its not quite the spaceballs RV but its a damn good start.

Anyways I want to apologize for taken up some bandwith with my other wips. That will not happen again.

The Eagle 5 ( 6 ) is my project and those other wips was pretty much learning wips.

Wip shot 1.)
Screen01.jpg

More detail added.
Screen02.jpg

The wings will not be like that at the final rendering.
109316.jpg
Post edited by BigD on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    "Radar repaired, sir. We're picking up the outline of something. It looks like a Winnebago with wings."

Needless to say, I'm a fan. It's looking great so far. :thumb:
  • BigDBigD0 Posts: 0Member
    LOL, Rader is jammed sir, Jammed? With what? Grape Jelly! There is only person who is brave enough to jam our radar with grape jelly, LoneStar!!!

Anyways updated remodeled a few things.
    Screen03.jpg
    Looking good so far. :)

So many fun lines in that movie. :D
    Thanks man May the Swartz be with you :)
    Now she's looking more like the Eagle 5 RV

Added more details and the last 2 shots tonight.
    Screen04.jpg

Wind shield
    Screen05.jpg
    "I am the keeper of a greater magic, a power known throughout the universe as..."
    "The Force?"
    "No. The Schwartz."

Nice work on the details.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    It's always good to see something a bit new and different! :thumb:
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    BigD wrote: »
    LOL, Rader is jammed sir, Jammed? With what? Grape Jelly! There is only person who is brave enough to jam our radar with grape jelly, LoneStar!!!
    "Rasberry? Only one man would dare give ME a Rasberry!" [closes helmet] "LONESTAR!!!"
    :D

that was such a fun movie!
    "Rasberry? Only one man would dare give ME a Rasberry!" [closes helmet] "LONESTAR!!!"

that was such a fun movie!
    Thanks for the correction sir, and yes it was. I want want spaceballs II Mo money lol

That's kind of why I am modeling the eagle 5-(6) for spaceballs II mo money "gun for hire"

its going to be my animated series in 3d...
    That's kind of why I am modeling the eagle 5-(6) for spaceballs II mo money "gun for hire"

its going to be my animated series in 3d...

That sounds cool. We could all use more Spaceballs. :D
    So true :)

By the way added more details, started adding textures.

Screen06.jpg
    That looks good.

By the way, what software are you using? The reason I ask is, doing textures in small sections like that isn't always a good idea. You can have issues later, when you go to weather it. I'm assuming you do plan to weather it, as the original was pretty weathered.
    That looks good.

By the way, what software are you using? The reason I ask is, doing textures in small sections like that isn't always a good idea. You can have issues later, when you go to weather it. I'm assuming you do plan to weather it, as the original was pretty weathered.
    Cinema 4d RC and yes you are right textures is a bitch for me, So far this is what I got.

I will be changing the door color though.

Screen07.jpg

And the window will be getting fixed and smoothed.
    Ah, I don't know anything about C4D and how it handles maps. But, that doesn't look bad.
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Spaceballs III: The Search for Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money.

Ah, I don't know anything about C4D and how it handles maps. But, that doesn't look bad.
    Yep and it doesn't handle texture maps like 3dsmax does I wish it did though
    Sanderlee wrote: »
    Spaceballs III: The Search for Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money.

Now that's a good movie title for sure.
    Yep and it doesn't handle texture maps like 3dsmax does I wish it did though

I don't know how Max handles textures either. :lol:

I just know Lightwave. (and TrueSpace, but let's not go there) In Lightwave, I can set different mapping coordinates for each image, even for different layers. So, if I had a bunch of bits done with different materials with texture pieces to do things like the emblem on that door, I could just add a layer to each material with a UV map that covers all and add weathering with some transparency to all of it. However, I don't know how many other programs can do that.
    Oh my god, What a blast from the past Truspace, hehe the good ole days lol.
    Sir, It appears to be an out line of a winnabago
    Screen08.jpg

Almost done modeling maybe about 3 hours left of modeling to do. just details though...
    Looking great. :thumb:

Yeah, I used Truespace for 12 years. Then I finally gave up on it and switched to Lightwave. ;)
    Snotty, Is it safe? Yes it sir I've done it once and the pepermint girls done it twice lol!

As far as the modeling is concerned it is done.
    Modeled.jpg
    Just playing right now...

Mine.
    Test.jpg

There's
    maxresdefault.jpg

:)
    Not bad. The terrain looks pretty good. :)
    Thanks man, I am re modeling just the windows and doors. So it looks more real and they can open too.
    Decided to remodel the body only, I wanted it to look better then some half assed work.

So I used a plane in 3dsmax I think y'all call it a patch. then I mirrored it and bridged connected the pieces together.

Meshed smooth it. and here is the final result.
    PLaned.
    Screen09.jpg

Mirror and bride work.
    Screen10.jpg

Smoothed out a little, tomorrow I will work on it more.
    Screen11.jpg

Thayt's it y'all for tonight.
    Looking good. Going back and redoing stuff better is always rewarding. :)
    Thanks man, By the way what kind og wings should I add on to her? the spaceballs ones or X wings type wings?
    Personally, I'd go with the Spaceballs wings. Though, if I was building one, I'd probably also try to get the RV as accurate as I could and painstakingly attempt to copy the wings, hyper jets, etc. So, you may not want to follow my anal retentive advice. :devil:
    Personally, I'd go with the Spaceballs wings. Though, if I was building one, I'd probably also try to get the RV as accurate as I could and painstakingly attempt to copy the wings, hyper jets, etc. So, you may not want to follow my anal retentive advice. :devil:
    No worries and thanks mate. I'll go with the recreation though.

How ever the reference [pictures I've pulled up shows 2 different spaceballs rv one in space and one for the ground scenes.

I will do the ground scene one it has more detail.
    Yeah, this type of thing is common. There was probably more than one miniature, plus the full size modified RV for the ground shots. Details tend to vary between different scale props.