Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Any Mechanical Engineers Here?

SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
edited May 2015 in General Discussion #1
Hey, everyone.

I was curious to see if there are any of you who are mechanical engineers (or engineers in general). I'm getting ready to move from Texas back to Ohio where I'll be going to school for mechanical engineering since I think I finally know what I want to do when I grow up. :)
Post edited by Schimpfy on

• SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I'm a drafter and Designer Schimpfy and I can contact some engineers if you have any specific questions.
    I can tell you automatically if you go into engineering...stay in Texas. Opportunity Opportunity Opportunity.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Yeah, staying in Texas is NOT an option for the foreseeable future. A recent search of jobs in Northeastern Ohio has returned more results than I had found in Texas, also. :) I was just curious to see if anyone in the field frequents the forum.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    I majored in ME, but then I enlisted in the Air Force and became a C-130 flight engineer instead. That was a great job.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Did you graduate or enlist before you completed your degree? I've known a few FEs and thought that if I wasn't a weapons loader that'd be my next choice AFSC if I had ever crosstrained. :)
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    I'm an Aerospace Engineer, worked closely with the MEs. My first job out of school was an Electronics Engineer for the Navy though, civilian, but I was horrid at electrical engr work, still it was a fun job. I went on to working in Flight Test after that, but now I'm working with the FAA. What advice could I offer you? I come from a line of Engineers. Dad was an industrial, grandpa, electrical, great grandfather was an oil man.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Schimpfy wrote: »
    Did you graduate or enlist before you completed your degree? I've known a few FEs and thought that if I wasn't a weapons loader that'd be my next choice AFSC if I had ever crosstrained. :)

I never finished my degree, but a lot of my ME training helped me understand my job as an FE better.

My first AFSC was C-130 crew chief. After I crosstrained, I could only say "Why didn't I do this sooner?" The training was tough, but the job wasn't hard. And flight pay is sweet. :cool: