Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy little creature "A creature with out a name"

BigDBigD0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Hey Y'all, I've sorry I've been away for a while but youtube took most of my time so I could learn properly how to model and texture and all that awesome stuff.

I am so very proud to announce my first character modeled that's been modeled, textured, rigged by yours truly.

Oh my god, I am so in love with Cinema 4d rigging and modeling portions of the program.

Any ways with out any further adue here is my first semi complete model.

I just gotta rig his upper body and animate him.

He took 3 hours to model, and 2 rig, and 1 day to texture after I've finally got what I wanted him to look like, lol!
Creatureriggone.jpg

second shot showing all sides.
Untitled-2.jpg

Some awesome rendering by my junk pc.
Winged%2BCreature.jpg
Post edited by BigD on
Tagged:

• StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    nice to see some character modeling - nearly everything here is spaceships (we all love em though) - question though are those eyes? and are they supposed to have fur?
  • David LindsayDavid Lindsay1 Posts: 0Member
    This looks really cool! With him rigged are we going to see some animations?
  • BigDBigD0 Posts: 0Member
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    nice to see some character modeling - nearly everything here is spaceships (we all love em though) - question though are those eyes? and are they supposed to have fur?
    Thank you guys,

StormCloud Yes to all your questions sir. and those are eyes. David Lindsay Hes getting rigged right now properly with I.K Chains so he can fly.

Here is another update photo.
    Winged%2BCreature%2B4.jpg
    Hey Y'all I've finally got some updates with Rigger and that's the name I've named him after I've learned character rigging, lol!

All rigged with I.K goals.
    Rigger.jpg

Just a test render, I gotta learn to do some seamless work on the bg pic and the floor.
    Rigger2.jpg
    Here is another shot with all the bells and whistles turned on took 40 minutes to render.
    108835.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Hi BigD. Great to see another Cinema 4D'er around here. There are a few other folks who use C4D here as well. I absolutely love the interface, toolset and stability of the software. What version are you using?
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Hi BigD. Great to see another Cinema 4D'er around here. There are a few other folks who use C4D here as well. I absolutely love the interface, toolset and stability of the software. What version are you using?
    Thank you sir,

I am using R12 I got it when I got adobe creative suite then it gave me an update for r13 and I didn't like r13 except for the Physical sky
    Yes sir, Your right its a fly :) a steam punk fly for my web toon before he gets "MUTATES" into rigger...

Anyways a few screen grabs.
    Flyabdimin.jpg

Head
    FlyHead.jpg

Shes gettin there.
    Fly-Screen.jpg
    Updated, Semi Textured and fully modeled.

Flypainted01.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the creature, it's really cool. The fly looks good too.
    A little more updated.

Modeled a barrel will make it ooz out bio hazzard liquid...
    108855.jpg
    a little update.

[video]
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's really cool. Of course, the fly's wings are really too slow, but you'd never see them if they moved at the speed at which real flies flap their wings.
    That's really cool. Of course, the fly's wings are really too slow, but you'd never see them if they moved at the speed at which real flies flap their wings.
    Thanks man, I'll speed up the wings in the final render.