Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

How to create a star trek ship skin in Blender?

spacebarspacebar0 Posts: 0Member
Hi,

I already created my own model of a starship in blender but I'm trying to find out just how to add a "metal" hull skin to make it look like it has the same kind of exterior shell that a star trek ship has. Right now all my model has is a flat color hull.

How can I add peculiarities to the surface of my ship so it looks like a convincing starship?

I'm somewhat new to Blender but not entirely so if this is a case where you can just list the steps, I can probably follow you without much of a problem. I will keep checking this thread and reply as needed.

Thanks for any help. :)
Post edited by spacebar on
Tagged:

• spacebarspacebar0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey anyone, do you think I could use this video to give my ship a realistic hull? I tried it last night and it worked somewhat, except I had a little problem applying a picture to the whole ship or all the faces of a shape. Not that the video is that difficult, but if there is an easier way that I don't know of, maybe one that doesn't require an image, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks!
  • spacebarspacebar0 Posts: 0Member
    Btw, I wanted to do a starship in Blender so I can add a picture of it to a science fiction novel I'm writing. So I just am looking for enough knowledge to get a good screenshot of my model. Thanks.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Most Trek ships have a more or less decent hull paneling. Is that what you mean?