Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Episode 7 Trailer 2 - Is that an SSD in your dune, or are you just pleased to see me?

2»

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    @EG: It was halfway in the atmosphere, attempting a landing anyway, and not damaged. Starkiller merely applied varying degrees of momentum that went into other vectors than the flightpath to destabilise the ships descend... Still something vastly different than really "pulling a Super Stardestroyer from the orbit". Let alone the size is a major factor because size makes mass grow exponentially under increasing speed, and you have to calculate the angualar speed ON TOP of the speed-difference from surface to space....
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Ah, I couldn't remember. It's been a while since I played that game. I'll have to pull it out and play it through again. :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    @EG: It was halfway in the atmosphere, attempting a landing anyway, and not damaged. Starkiller merely applied varying degrees of momentum that went into other vectors than the flightpath to destabilise the ships descend... Still something vastly different than really "pulling a Super Stardestroyer from the orbit". Let alone the size is a major factor because size makes mass grow exponentially under increasing speed, and you have to calculate the angualar speed ON TOP of the speed-difference from surface to space....
    size matters not :p - but inertia, mass, trajectory and velocity are a whole 'nuther matter!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    ^speaking of SSD's, Wired constructed an $800 Lego Super Star Destroyer, then dropped it straight down on a slow-motion camera. Enjoy! http://www.space.com/29304-star-wars-may-the-fourth-videos.html
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Barricade wrote: »
    Mod Note: Just a quick FYI, that these posts have been split out from Fractals WIP thread to keep things relevant in there. Good discussion here, but more appropriate to GD. Thanks all. :)

On that note, has anyone realized that the wreck the Falcon flies into, is the upside remains of an Executor class?

I -only- noticed it, due to keeping an eye on Fractal's artwork, and one of his shots of a SSD showing the thruster setup is basically that same angle, if flipped.

It's the wrong size.