Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

(Blender 3D) Starting position for Particle Effects?

KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
Right now I am trying to experiment on the particle system, mainly because in one of the projects I am working on I am attempting to animate a 'shield' being projected from a single point. However, the problem I've run into is that instead of the mesh starting to the 'top' of the shield point it starts on the bottom - where the animation is supposed to actually END at.

So I choose to start up a new project file and attempt to experiment with that (since my current does have a lot in it already) but after a few hours of trying to figure out how to get what I would like to do to work I've finally come here. I'm wondering if anyone can figure out 'what' it is I am doing wrong.

Basically, what I am trying to do is tell the particle system 'where' to begin animating the starting section of the shield, where it'll then expand outward from there and finally reach the ground.

Note; in the attachment .blend you'll need to start the animation in order to get the sphere.
Post edited by Kalshion on
Tagged:

• KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm guessing no one has any idea's on how to do this?
  • TroyTroy0 Posts: 0Member
    At the bottom of the particles panel there is a tab for textures. Add a texture and set it up so that black maps to where you want the shield to first appear up to white where you want the shield to end. In the textures panel set the texture to influence time.

Is there a reason this must be done with particles?
  • KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry about the wait Troy, I'll try what you suggested. As for why with particles.. well.. thats the only method I know to create a shield within Blender, or at least something that 'resembles' one anyway.