Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Thunderbirds Project

simon83079simon830790 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2017 in Looking for... #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new. I'm currently in the process of post production for a film im asking which is about the Thunderbirds and i need someone to model all 5 Thunderbirds for me. I will also put this in the paid job part as the movie will hopefully make money in-which case the maker will be paid after the movie has been completed in which so the maker ill be paid either way about Aï¿¡50 as im on a very tight budget and cant stretch any further. Please Help me. I've got attached photos of how i wish them to look.
108038.jpg
108039.jpg
108040.jpg
108041.jpg
108042.jpg
Post edited by simon83079 on
Tagged:

• indianna500indianna5003 Posts: 0Member
    "I will also put this in the paid job part as the movie will hopefully make money in-which case the maker will be paid after the movie has been completed in which so the maker ill be paid either way about Aï¿¡50 as im on a very tight budget"

I would like to see a "Speculative work" thread or "Cake Tomorrow" as I know it for all these "entrepreneurs" out there with an amazing idea and no money to realize it. Aï¿¡50?.....seriously thats like Aï¿¡10 a model?, I doubt even our friends in the East would bite at that amount.
  • simon83079simon830790 Posts: 0Member
    I haven't got much money as im a student in university and need to create film for a project im currently doing and i think for my case its a good deal, I mean i cant pay Aï¿¡100s of pounds on these i just need the Thunderbirds as ive tried to model them and they've failed and then there are no OBJ models anywhere i can find. Im not asking for super detailed a job just a model that is good enough for homemade film. I cant spend much so im just needing even just a simple model that i can modify.
  • indianna500indianna5003 Posts: 0Member
    simon83079 wrote: »
    I haven't got much money as im a student in university and need to create film for a project im currently doing and i think for my case its a good deal, I mean i cant pay Aï¿¡100s of pounds on these i just need the Thunderbirds as ive tried to model them and they've failed and then there are no OBJ models anywhere i can find. Im not asking for super detailed a job just a model that is good enough for homemade film. I cant spend much so im just needing even just a simple model that i can modify.

No doubt for you its a great deal and by your own admission they are not easy to model, let alone tackling five of them.

I wouldnt be interested at that rate your best bet would be getting a student like yourself or a keen amateur to do it but you are asking a lot with very little recompense. i may sound harsh here, and I apologise if you think I am but Ive been approached with enough of these projects that it worries me when people say it" should/will make money". if you get it done that achievement enough and promising cash after the fact without a contract is just a real recipe for disaster, just my five cents thats all.

I would suggest trying some of the game modelling forums as well, say Polycount for students looking for projects, game quality will be the best you can hope for without paying proper rate.
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    As another note, unless you have legal licensing, it CAN'T make money. Fair use doctrine does not permit profit and you can't use copyright material for profit without permission.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Most holders of copyrights will allow you to make fan films, provided they make no money. However, not all will. I have no idea who owns the Thunderbirds franchise or what their position is on this. Then, some companies (I'm going to say CBS, but I don't necessarily mean just them) can be real turds about what all you can and can't use of their copyrighted stuff, even in fan productions. This is something you may want to research.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    ITV owns thunderbirds, in fact they may actually get somewhat malicious about shutting down fan products considering they're launching their own thunderbirds reboot in April that's CG only.

So yea... there's that.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Not a single one of those is a simple model.

At the very least you should be looking at 200 pounds each, to compensate for the time it would take to make each of those.
  • simon83079simon830790 Posts: 0Member
    Ya know... This was for a Uni project, But i have a modeller now so i make this fourm closed. And its only $30 per model and ive got the first 2 and they are greatly detailed models.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    That is why this business is going to hell.
    Hey, good for you though.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    @Indiana and biotech: why worry that someone is only offering a bare minimum for these models when there is probably someone out there that would do this for a small amount? This site is full of people who do this stuff in their spare time and who wouldn't quibble at a little extra cash in their pocket to show for it. So when you tread upon those that are actually using this board for the intended purpose, what are prospective people who want to advertise for work going to think when they read one of the only two posts on the board and see all of this? I wouldn't want to post a paid gig here.
  • tryptychtryptych0 Posts: 0Member
    Fifty Quid?
    You're 'avin a bleedin' giraffe!!